Search for content in message boards

Hattie Maria (Caldwell) Wade

Hattie Maria (Caldwell) Wade

Edward Carter (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CALDWELL, WADE, TURNER, TUTTLE
I am seeking information on the family of Hattie Maria (Caldwell) Wade who likely had some connection (residence or relatives located in the area) to Ettrick, Wisconsin circa 1880 - 1920. The only known child I have for her is Lucy Ann Turner Tuttle. I can't account for the difference in surnames yet. Perhaps her maiden name was simply omitted in the information I came across or perhaps I have missed a generation. I am down in TN and Wisconsin records are very few and far between. Any information or confirmation would be helpful. A census entry would be the mother lode. Thanks, Edward Carter, Murfreesboro, TN

Hattie M.C. WADE (1839-1919)

Edward Carter (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WADE, CALDWELL, TURNER, TUTTLE, TINKLEPAUGH
The mystery is partially solved. Hattie Maria Caldwell (1839-1919) is from a Wayne County, NY family. Married Unknown Wade. She was the daughter of Elsemina and Isaac Caldwell. Her siblings include Isaac, John, Thomas, Louisa, Mary, Margaret, Chloana and perhaps Hannah. She is buried in Lot 40 of the Walworth Village Cemetery (Wayne County), NY. It turns out that Lucy Ann (Turner) Tuttle (1836-1924) is her cousin, not her daughter as originally thought. Lucy Ann Turner was the daughter of Mary Caldwell (listed above) and Silas Turner. She married William Wallace Tuttle in 1856 in Walworth, NY. Their fourth child, Harriet (Tuttle) Tinklepaugh (1875-1963), was named for Hattie Maria (Caldwell) Wade and was also called Hattie. Photograph of Hattie Maria (Caldwell) Wade recently found and identified. Scan available. Old photo is from a Ettrick, Wisconsin studio. Not sure of the connection to Wisconsin, perhaps fleeting. Everybody else seems to be back in NY except for a portion of the Tuttles who seem to have resided there briefly in the 1860's. Perhaps she had her picture made there while on a visit to that branch of the family. Not my lines, so I don't have additional information on any of these families; glad to point you to the descendants who helped me id the photograph if you are connected.

Re: Hattie M.C. WADE (1839-1919)

Posted: 1 Aug 2001 6:21AM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2001 6:58AM GMT
Surnames: Caldwell, Whiteside
I have a Margaret Caldwell that was born in Troy, NY. She ended up in Eau Claire, WI married to George Washington Whiteside. Do you know if, "Troy", would be in Wayne County, NY? I have the date of her birth and the date of her death, but can't seem to connect her in as far as parents. I was told that she was French. Hope to hear from you with some answers.

Gloria

Posted: 3 Aug 2001 10:54AM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2001 6:58AM GMT
Surnames: Caldwell
Do you know the birthdate of Margaret Caldwell? I have a Margaret Caldwell born 14, Feb 1958 in Troy, NY. Is, "Troy" in Wayne County? You can e-mail me at Gloria.Hoehn@worldnet.att.net

Thank you,
Gloria

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 4:18PM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2012 10:05PM GMT
Hattie was married to David Wheeler Wale (1833-1881). She was his third wife. Not sure of the marraige date. David's second wife died in 1870. Hattie's father, Isaac, was living with them on the 1880 census. Isaac died in Trempealeau County in 1887 and Hattie died in 1919. Both have graves in the Town of Lincoln Cemetery, Whitehall, Wisconsin per a listing from 2005 on the Trempealaue county genweb site.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions