Search for content in message boards

Gatlin/Gatling

Gatlin/Gatling

Posted: 29 Apr 2000 1:27AM GMT
Edited: 24 Oct 2001 2:37PM GMT
Hi,looking for African American Gatling from Murfreesboro/Northampton,NC.round 1844.Would like to find the Father of Isaac Gatling,who married Mary Gatling on May 7,1859 in Northampton,NC.Isaac Gatling had a son named Allie Gatling who married Edith Bazemore,both from Murfreesboro,NC.Thanks

Re: Gatlin/Gatling

Pat Bowser (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2002 10:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gatlin/Gatling
Dale,

Have begin to do research on my "Gatling" relatives from Murfreesboro, NC. Have just recently learned that Isaac Gatling born 1827 married Mary Galting born 1844 are my mother's great grandparents. Have more information which comes down the tree; however, I'm trying to work up the tree now. Would love to share information with you.

pmb

Posted: 1 Sep 2008 1:23AM GMT
Surnames: allie gatling
In response to your post, i am allie's granddaughter, and i am not sure if you will ever find who issac's father is. I donot remember my father every speaking about his grandfather. However he did mention uncles, but i don't know the names. I have looked and have not been succesful. The key may be in the wills of his former owner and that is if he was actually named in their property.

Posted: 1 Sep 2008 1:29AM GMT
In response to your post, i am a relative and have search to 1870. I have check some wills looking for the past connection.

Posted: 23 Aug 2009 4:09AM GMT
Surnames: Gatling
Been awhile...

I'd originally was on the trail which included Issac and Mary; however, later learned I should have been looking for Jacob and Mary (not Isaac & Mary); however, I believe they may still be somewhat connected.

Would like to compare notes, I've researched beyond Jacob Gatling (b. Aug 23, 1827) & Mary A Harrison (married 17 Feb 1870)..

Posted: 13 Mar 2014 8:30AM GMT
Hello,
I am also trying to find the parents of Isaac Gatling.
Mary name was Mary Polly Jones before she married Isaac Gatling
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions