Search for content in message boards

Alma Rathbone

Alma Rathbone

Posted: 19 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Nov 2001 2:03PM GMT
Surnames: Rathbone, Green
Alma Rathbone married Arvin Green (1897-1971)..believe that they lived in Alloway, NJ. They had at least one daughter, Mary Marie Green, who married John Kacewich. Anyone have info?? Thanks!

Re: Alma Rathbone

Posted: 21 Jun 2003 2:51AM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2006 11:36PM GMT
Surnames: Worley, West
Arvin & Alma Rathbone Green had Edward, Lena M, Evdene, Marine, Marie, Marian Green. Arvin & Alma were born, NC Arvin was the son fo William thomas & Ida Worley Green, Hope this helps Nan

: Alma Rathbone

Posted: 21 Jun 2003 2:54AM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2006 11:36PM GMT
Forgot Any information on this family would be appreciated, Mariages, birth dates etc, Nan

Posted: 23 Jul 2004 2:22AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2006 1:58AM GMT
Mary -
Arvin & Alma had 9 children. Arvin M, Betty Ann, Eudene, Hilda, Lena, Marie, Maxine, Rita and Edward W.
Arvin's middle name was Faraday; his family called him Faraday. I don't remember him very well, but I remember my Aunt Alma. She was a wonderful lady; small, petite and had time to spare for a great niece - me. She was my grandfather's sister, and she married my grandmother's brother.
Lena married a Clymer; Eudene (Dolly) married a Fleck; Maxine married a Mansfield, Hilda married a Dorrell; Betty Ann married a Williams; Rita married a Goslin.
Arvin M. married Ethel Ayars; Edward married but not sure who.
I'm sorry but have no information on Mary Marie.

Re: : Alma Rathbone

Posted: 23 Jul 2004 2:24AM GMT
Nancy -
Please see my reply to Mary concerning Alma, posted 7/22/04. This gives you some info on this family as you requested. Please contact me if you have questions.
Sharon

Posted: 23 Jul 2004 3:24PM GMT
Sharon--Thank you so much for the Rathbone/Green information! I know a couple of Mary Marie's daughters, and I will pass along your posting to them!

Mary

Posted: 23 Jul 2004 10:06PM GMT
Mary -
Do you think they would be willing to share their information with me so I can add it to my database? I know nothing of Mary or her family.Thank you, Sharon

Posted: 5 Mar 2011 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: Rathbone, Green, Fleck, DeWilde, Goslin
I am her granddaughter, and I have the family Bible of Alma Rathbone. She recorded the following:

Alma Marie Rathbone and Arvin Faraday Green married August 5, 1917 at Fines Creek, Haywood, NC. Spencer Green, magistrate, officiated.The children of Alma Rathbone Green and Arvin Green are Edward Wayne (b. 6/27/28; his birth name was Lockwood Obadiah, at Great-grandmother Green's insistence but was changed when Uncle Eddie reached 18); Beulah Lena (b. 4/28/20; she went by Lena); Herma Eudeen (b. 6/25/22; she is called Dolly); Edith Maxine (b. 11/28/24); my mother, Mary Marie (b. 2/13/27; d/ 1/17/68; she was called Marie); Hilda Elizabeth (b. 6.11.29; Arvin Melvin (b. 8/20/31); Betty Ann (b. 12/14/38); and Rita Louise (b. 1/9/41).

Of the nine children, three survive, at least to my knowledge: Dolly Fleck(last known to be in the San Diego, California near her daughter Sharon), Betty DeWilde in Florida, and Rita Goslin in Franklinville, NJ. My grandparents had 31 grandchildren.

Note: there was no Marine or Marian in Arvin and Alma's line.

Posted: 5 Mar 2011 7:41PM GMT
Surnames: Kacewich, Burke, Mabey, Miller
The reason you probably don't have any information on my mother, Marie (born Mary Marie) is she died in 1968 at age 40. She was married to John Kacewich and had three daughters: Joan Marie (married to Rocky Ray Burke, one daughter, Kacey Marie Burke); Nancy Sue Mabey (married to Warren Keith Mabey, one son, Warren Keith Mabey Jr.); and Norma Jean Miller (married to Thomas Miller--I forget his middle name at the moment--two daughters, Lianne Marie Miller and Corinne Miller--I forget her middle name too, but I'll check).

Posted: 11 Mar 2011 4:32AM GMT
Joan, it's so good to "meet" you! Your information helps me considerably in my quest to complete my research someday..... Is there anything that you would want to know about my family. I am the granddaughter of Rufus Wayne, Alma's brother, so we are from the same generation.
My mom was Barbara Lee, their last born. Please contact me at skt.gen.nut@gmail.com with any questions. It is so good to meet you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions