Search for content in message boards

Blackfoot Indians from Missouri

Blackfoot Indians from Missouri

Posted: 3 Jun 2009 5:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Taylor, Steward
I am in possession of a 8x10 picture of my ggggrandmother's picture. Clearly, hand written on the bottom is: TAYLOR, BLACKFOOT, DIED AGE 130. This picture was given to me by my maternal grandmother, who was raised in New London, Ralls County, Missouri. Her maiden name was Georgia Steward and her parents were William and Caroline Steward. This is all I know for sure.

I am looking for any information that will help me locate this line of my family. Any help is greatly appreciated. (I have hit a brick wall.)

Re: Blackfoot Indians from Missouri

Posted: 14 Feb 2010 9:26AM GMT
Hi, also recently received a picture of my g-g-grandfather who was a Blackfoot Indian of SE Missouri. Last name is Hull. I don't know if they are connected to the Taylors (but there is another Blkfoot Indian thread on here that mentions "Taylors"). Well, I hope you find more info; and I want more info on my Hull line of family, too!

Posted: 17 Mar 2010 9:08AM GMT
Surnames: Taylor - Blackfoot Indian from Missouri
Information is very scarce if non-existent.

I was able to finally find her listed in the 1900 cenus and she was 101 then.

I calculated that she was born in Nov. (?) 1788(plus or minus one year). I was thrilled when I located this record but it may be the only record that exists; since MO's 1890 records were destroyed in a fire.

Early on I tracked a Blackfoot Taylor in the New Madrid area of MO but I am not sure if this is the same person since I don't know if Taylor is a maiden name or a married name.

Good Luck.

Posted: 10 May 2011 2:54AM GMT
Hi I am Krist I am the graduter of a Hull and am trying to look into the indian side of the family I have heard the we are blackfoot. I know little to nothing about this side of the family and would like to know more about it. I have quite a bit of information on the Hull side of the family. If you could email me where the indian side meets the Hull side of the family that would be great. I am a part of the Hull family that now currenly lives in Oregon. You can also email me at Hebbk@0nid.orst.edu I cant wait to hear from you.

Posted: 24 May 2011 2:27AM GMT
Hi, I tried to email you at that address, but it didnt go through. Here is a copy of the email:

Hi, I saw your message on an ancestry.com message board concerning your Blackfoot Indian Family line. Where are your Hull's from? I located my g-g grandfather (Alexander Hull) on the census in Cape Girardeau, MO records for the late 1800's. He is listed along w/my g-grandma and the other kids (I think the wife died by then); anyway, strangely, his father is listed as being from France (this is very confusing). Alexander, however, is listed as being born in Kentucky. It is common knowledge in our family that he was full blooded black-foot Indian. I have a picture of him w/my ggrandma/sis, and he is clearly Indian (w/moccasins and all). What is the background of your "Hull" family and where does the black foot indian come in? Thanks!

Posted: 7 Jan 2012 6:23PM GMT
Looking for my ggrandfather Price from Missouri. His son Clyde Price was my paternal grandfather. We were told we were Indians and I suspect Blackfoot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kathleen Price Fradella

Posted: 28 Jan 2012 3:03AM GMT
Surnames: Price
I am related to a Price family that used to live in the Lewis County, Missouri / Adams County, Illinois area in the 1800-early 1900's. We think they might have been Blackfoot too, but no proof. It would be rewarding to make that link one day!

John Alonzo Price, 03 Mar 1861-28 Jun 1939
John A. Price, 1827 (from Maryland) - 25 Nov 1879

Posted: 1 Feb 2012 2:46AM GMT
I met someone claiming to have proof of the Price family connection to Blackfoot. He is supposed to make a copy of something for me but that was two months ago. If I ever do get what he plans on sharing I'd be happy to forward it to you.
Kathleen

Posted: 1 Feb 2012 2:47AM GMT
I would love that! Thank you for thinking of me.

Posted: 1 Feb 2012 2:51AM GMT
Sure no problem. Can't promise I'll get anything but I know how utterly frustrating this is, so I don't mind sharing what I find. It would be awesome to finally see something in writing connecting us to Blackfoot!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic