Search for content in message boards

McGuigan and McKarney/McKearney

McGuigan and McKarney/McKearney

Posted: 11 Sep 2005 3:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McGuigan/McKearney
Hi I am searching for John/Jock/James McGuigan and Margaret Peggy Hughes families. I believe they married in Castleblarney Monagan Ireland. They immigrated to Lot 61 St. Mary's Rd PEI. family.Thanks I will share what I have . This is my mothers family.Barb

Re: McGuigan and McKarney/McKearney

Posted: 2 Mar 2007 11:31PM GMT
Hi, am also looking for McGuigans on Lot 61, St. Mary's Road PEI. I am looking for the parents of Mary McGuigan B.1851. She was my great-great grandmother and was married to John M. Hughes B 1845. John and Mary were the parents of Clementine Hughes B. 1875. Clementine married James William McKearney B.1876. Looks like the Hughes, the McGuigans and the McKearneys have a complicated past. I don't know if you have any info on Mary, she must be related to your McGuigans somehow, but there were probably quite a few of them!

Posted: 3 Mar 2007 4:07AM GMT
Surnames: McGuigan/McKearney
Hi Debbie this Jock McGuigan who was married to a Margaret "Peggy" Hughes. This was who we both decendend from.I have some info from my mothers moms family and I'm trying to go backward to join this Jocks family. I know my grandmother Ann Mae McKearney/Mckerney who married Edward McGuigan, his parents I believe were James mentioned in my next article here whos dad was?????????? Jock? I have some McKearney family recently given to me that states they also moved to Nova Scotia so still trying to place mine in. Edwards wife Mary McKearney (my grandmothers parents)moved to Trenton while others of the McGuigans and McKearneys went to Westville Nova Scota. Mary McKearney,McGuigan was struck by a car and killed in Trenton NS. After that Edward went back to PEI and remarried. It is not known yet who he married but it is known that he drowned. I have some dates. The other siblings of Ann and their families I have limited info on and can't seem to find. Apparently there was a fire in the church where baptismal records were lost for two of Anns family. They used a date that wasn't correct. I'm sending one more article inanother email here and then Can you email me at bluenoser100@hotmail.com and we can talk more? thanks Barbara

Descendants of John "Jock" McGuigan and "Peggy" Hughes
From St. Mary's Road, Lot 61

Generation No. 1

1. John "Jock" McGuigan was born 1801 in Castleblaney, County Monaghan, Ireland. He married Margaret "Peggy" Hughes. When they arrived on Prince Edward Island is still unknown. It is possible they came in 1839, but the 1861 census, says John McGuigan was on his piece of land for 18 years making their emigration closer to 1843.

Notes
From Al Beagan, 98/04/15. -
July 23, 1839 " A search of land records at the PEI Archives reveals that Owen Trainor leased 250 acres of land 3 miles from Johnston's River bridge from Alexander MacDonald"......This is 55 days after the arrival of the Consbrook and the Agitator.____History of the Trainor Family On Prince Edward Island 1839-1992 by Reg G. Trainor.

Oct.27, 1840 "The Monaghan immigrants who came to this Island May 1839 in the Agitator and Consbrook who are entitled to their deposits paid to Hiram Shaw of Belfast known as head money and was as expected would be demanded by the Board of Health are required to attend a meeting at Davenport Lodge 4th of November next for disbursment of 57& forwarded by Shaw to Hon. Donald McDonald. By Francis Kelly agent. Oct.20, 1840"
RG Reel 4 AN3 C2R674 Boston Public Library.

In the book, the "Abegweit Review" 3'rd volume by Father MacIntyre, on
page 35, it states that in the 1840's the second waves of McGuigan's
came from County Monaghan. They sailed to Charlottetown, on ships such
as the "Margaret Pollock", the "Rosebank" and the "Agitator".

On reel #98, Lot 61 Leases:
Dated 09 May 1846, 50 acres of land on north side of St. Mary's Road, to John Goodwin. Yearly rent the sum of a peppercorn for the first two years, three pieces sterling per acre for the third year, six pieces sterling per acre for the fourth year, nine pieces sterling per acre for the fifth year and one shilling sterling per acre for the sixth and every subsequent year of said term.
Counterpart to this is lease #116, dated 06 March 1868, 100 acres of land on the North side of St. Mary's Road, to Bernard McGuigan. Entered on Ledger 2, folio 292. Yearly rent is fifteen pounds sterling for the first year and one shilling per acre for the rest of the term of the lease.

1861 Census, Lot 61, John McGuigan - farmer, L. Sullivan proprietor.
50 acres, 18 years of 999 lease, # in family 6, 3 b.PEI, 3 b.Ireland, all RC.
Females: 45-60=1; males: 5-16=1; 16-21=2; 21-45=1; 60+=1
no b-d-m in past year.
land= 50 acres 3rd quality with 20 acres ariable.
wheat= 8 bu., barley= 20 bu., oats= 100 bu., potatoes= 100 bu., turnips= 30 bu.
hay= 1 ton, butter= 50 lbs.
horses= 2, cattle= 6, sheep= 10, hogs= 10.

1881 Census, lot 61, family 172
John McGuigan age 80; Marget age 70. both born Ireland, both RC.

1891 List of Voters for Sturgeon Polling District:
James McGuigan Jr., farmer, owner, 50 acres
Bernard McGuigan, owner & freeholder, 50 acres (also on 1889 list)
Edward McGuigan (also on 1889 list)
All residing on St. Mary's Road.

There is some confusion about the use of surnames in this family. It is a well known fact that the McGuigan, Goodman and Goodwin names have been interchanged on several occasions. The 1842 Proprietor's Map of Lot 61 shows John Goodwin living across the road from Brian McCarron. This name was crossed out and Bernard McGuigan written above it.
One on their sons, James, who was married to Catherine McInnis, was named as James Goodman on the baptism entry for his daughter Mary, and Catherine was named as Cathie McCormack on the baptism entry for Bridget.
Another son, Patrick was married to Mary McInnis but on the baptism entry for their son Edward, Mary was named Mary McCormack.

I wondered why there was no mention of John McGuigan in the 1841 census until I read the enumerator's remarks for the 1861 census, lot 61.

General Remarks:
"The land on Lot 61 is generally bad. That which is not swampy is sand and flint, when looking at the new fields in the new settlers' farms, I could see the flint stones almost as thick as grass over the surface. I did not see more than 4 or 5 good farms on the whole township.
There are about 40 emigrant families exiled on the west end of the lot without even a road to their miserable abodes of which they complain very much as they have to carry everything they can get (not what they want) for 10 or 15 miles on their backs.
There are 2 lines of roads intended to be opened through to the Wood Island road which crosses the west end of the lot, but through some cause or other neglection for the last 3 years, and the above people are allowed to undergo all the hardship that can be then immagined, then discribed.
I could not get along without wading nearly to my knees in swamp so that I had liken to lose my horse."
signed: Allison Mills and D. Fraser, July 1st, 1861.

General Remarks:
"The west end of lot 61 is with woods but has land far from markets and the settlers are without a road or a school and it's about the last place I would choose to make a living. The land is worth nothing except for the lumber.
It is a pity there was not something done toward getting a road so the poor people would get a horse to their places."
signed: Allison Mills and D. Fraser, July 1st, 1861.

Children of John McGuigan and Margaret Hughes are:

+ 2 i. James McGuigan, born 1831 in Ireland; died April 1912 in St. Mary's Road.
+ 3 ii. Patrick McGuigan, born Abt 1835 in Ireland; died 1905 in Sturgeon.
+ 4 iii. Bridget McGuigan, born 1836 in Ireland; died 24 October 1917 in St. Mary's Road, Prince Edward Island.
+ 5 iv. Bernard McGuigan, born 25 May 1846 in St. Mary's Road; died 11 March 1921 in St. Mary's Road.
+ 6 v. Edward McGuigan, born 24 June 1851 in St. Mary's Road.
+ 7 vi. John McGuigan, born February 1855 in St. Mary's Road.

Generation No. 2

2. James McGuigan (John "Jock") was born 1831 in Ireland, and died April 1912 in St. Mary's Road. He married Catherine Rose McInnis.

Notes
1891 census, lot 61, family #235 living in a wooden 1 story, 4 room house. This has James and Catherine living with 5 children at home.

1901 census, lot 61, family #57 has James as being single and living with only his daughter - Annie. It also shows that James was born 1831 in Ireland and emigrated in 1840.

An example of how this family changed their names can be found in the baptism recordings for 2 of their children. Mary, born 20 June 1861 and Bernard, born 30 June 1863 were entered in the St. James RC Church, Georgetown records (Acc.3538a/1,4, page 77) as Mary and Bernard "Goodman". Their father was recorded as James "Goodman" with mother Catherine McInnis. Bernard was also recorded in the same record book on page 183 as Bernard "McGuigan" and his parents were James "McGuigan" and Catherine McInnis. The recording priest must have known the difference and entered the baptism twice.

Last Will and Testament of James McGuigan Sr., L.21, F.426-427.

This is the last will and testament of me James McGuigan Sen. of St. Mary's Road, lot 61, Kings County, PEI, made this 16th day of November in the year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and nine, as follows.

I give, devise and bequeath all my messuages, lands, tenements and hereditaments and all my household furniture, ready money, securities for money, goods and chattels and all other my real and personal estate andeffects whatsoever and wheresoever unto Vincent McGuigan, son of Edward McGuigan, his heirs, executors, administrators and assigns to and for his and their own absolute use and benefit, according to the nature and quality thereof respectively subject only to the payment of my just debts, funeral and testamentory expenses, and the charges of proving and registering this my will and I appoint my son Edward McGuigan executor of this my will and hereby revoking all other wills. I declare this only to be my last will and testament, in witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal the day and year above written.

signed: James (his X mark) McGuigan Sen.

witnesses: Michael B. McCarron, Thomas Murphy Jr.

This will was proved on the 20th day of April A.D. 1912.

"Who is this?"
In the St. James RC Church Records, Georgetown, Acc. 3538, p.175:
James McGuigan, b. 15 May 1856, bap. 20 Aug. 1856
father: Edward McGuigan, mother: Mary Murray?
Also on page 77:
Edward "Goodman" b. 29 Aug. 1860, bap. 07 Sept. 1860
father: Edward "Goodman", mother: Mary Murphy.

Acc. 3271/23-24, p.16 has a marriage of John McGuigan to Mary McKearney on 14 February 1893. Witnesses were Edward McGuigan and Mary McGuigan, it looks like this is the family but am not sure.

Children of James McGuigan and Catherine McInnis are:

8 i. Margaret McGuigan, born 06 December 1859 (Source: St. James R.C. Church Records, Georgetown, Acc. 3538A, p.179).
+ 9 ii. Mary McGuigan, born 20 June 1861; died 1946.
+ 10 iii. Bernard McGuigan, born 30 June 1863 in St. Mary's Road; died 1955.
11 iv. John Joseph McGuigan, born 01 January 1865 (Source: St. James R.C. Church Records, Georgetown, Acc. 3538A, p.185).
12 v. Ellen McGuigan, born Abt 1867.
13 vi. Edmund "Edward" McGuigan, born 20 December 1868 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.9.).
+ 14 vii. Bridget McGuigan, born 01 November 1871; died 1940.
15 viii. Catherine "Katie" McGuigan, born 05 October 1873 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.44.).
16 ix. Josephine McGuigan, born 17 June 1876.
17 x. Annie McGuigan, born 16 June 1878 (Source: St. Paul's Register).

3. Patrick McGuigan (John "Jock") was born Abt 1835 in Ireland, and died 1905 in Sturgeon. He married Mary McInnis.

Notes
1891 census, lot 61, family #238. Living in a wooden 1 story, 4 room house with 5 children. This shows Patrick as being born 1829 in Ireland and emigrated to PEI in 1845.

1901 census, lot 61, family #51.

Last Will and Tesiment of Patrick McGuigan - Libre 16, folio 581, 582.

Know all men by these presents that I Patrick McGuigan of Lot or Township No.61 in Kings County in the Province of Prince Edward Island, farmer, being through the goodness of the Almighty God of sound disposing mind and memory. But being feeble in bodily health and aware of the uncertainty of Human Life, Do Make Publish and declare this to be my Last Will and Testament. That is to say...

First I command my soul to God who gave it and desire that my body may be decently burried, and I devise that all my just and lawful debts be paid from my estate and personal property....
Second, With respect to my worldly Estate I give and bequeath.....To my beloved wife Mary half my dwelling House wherein I live and the Garden during her Natural Life.
To my son Edward who now lives and resides with me one-half of my dwelling house wherein I live and reside for his own use and Benefit. Also my land wherein I live consisting of in or about fifty acres Bounded and described as follows. On the south by the St. Mary's Road on the north by land in possession of Henry Campbell, on the west by Thomas McCarron, on the east by James McGuigan. All my outbuildings, all my farming impliments, all my furniture on my premises and all it contains apart from my beloved wife bed and clothing which she requires during her natural life. Also to my son Edward I give all my stock on and about my premises at the present time. All my grain, potatoes, hay and all farm products on my estate, provided always that he supports my beloved wife Mary in a decent and comfortable manner according as his means will allow him so to do during her natural life, and to provide her with medical attendance when necessary required so to do, and at her death to give her a decent burial. Then and after my wife Mary'sdeath my son Edward shall become full owner of my wife Mary's half of the house which she holds and above mentioned also the garden shall come into possession to my son Edward with the residue of the fifty acres above described. My son Edward to pay all my just debts of my property and out of my worldly estate. Also my son Edward is to pay off or out of my estate to my son James one dollar, to my son Patrick one dollar, to my son Bernard one dollar, to my daughter Katie one dollar, to my daughter Maggie one dollar. Each of good and lawful current money of the Dominion of Canada.
I nominate and appoint John M. Hughes, Peter Gormley and James Mahar as Executors of this my Last Will and Testament and I desire to have the intentions of said will duly carried out.
I witness where of I have hereonto set my hand and seal this thirteenth day of January in the year of Our Lord, Nineteen hundred and five (1905)

(signed) Patrick (his X mark) McGuigan

witnessed by: John M. Hughes, Peter Gormley, James Mahar
This will was proved on the 23rd day of September 1905

Note that son Bernard died 20 days after will was written.

Children of Patrick McGuigan and Mary McInnis are:

18 i. Bridget McGuigan, born 24 January 1862 in St. Mary's Road (Source: St. James R.C. Church Records, Georgetown, Acc. 3538A, p.183); died 13 January 1883 in Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.105.). She married Tom McCarron 21 February 1882 in St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.93).
+ 19 ii. Mary Ellen McGuigan, born 29 June 1862 in St. Mary's Road; died 16 December 1882.
20 iii. John McGuigan, born 05 May 1863 (Source: St. James R.C. Church Records, Georgetown, Acc. 3538A, p.183).
21 iv. Mary Anne McGuigan, born 1865; died 1946.
+ 22 v. James W. McGuigan, born 26 March 1869 in St. Mary's Road; died 19 September 1906 in St. Mary's Rd..
+ 23 vi. Catherine "Katie" McGuigan, born 28 February 1870 in P.E.I.; died 13 May 1960.
+ 24 vii. Edward P. McGuigan, born 25 January 1872; died 1920 in St. Mary's Rd..
+ 25 viii. Patrick McGuigan, born 08 June 1873; died 1959.
+ 26 ix. Margret McGuigan, born 18 March 1875; died 1944.
27 x. Bridget McGuigan, born 01 November 1877.
28 xi. Bernard McGuigan, born 1879 in St. Mary's Road; died 02 February 1905 in Sturgeon.
29 xii. Mary McGuigan, born 10 May 1880 (Source: St. Paul's Register).

4. Bridget McGuigan (John "Jock") was born 1836 in Ireland, and died 24 October 1917 in St. Mary's Road, Prince Edward Island. She married Bernard Martin Hughes, son of James Hughes and Ellen Connolly.

Notes
1890 RC census, St. Paul's Parish, lot 61.
Family of Bernard Hughes, farmer.
Bernard - 51, Mrs. Bridget McGuigan - 53, Patrick - 28, John - 24, Mary - 16, Thomas - 10.

1891 census, lot 61, lists this family in a 2 storey, nine room house:
Bernard Hughes age 52, b. Ireland; Bridget age 52, b. Ireland; John age 24, single, b. PEI (teacher); Mary age 16; Thomas age 11.

1901 census, lot 61 lists this family with these children:
Thomas - 09 Nov.1880; Mary - 02 Dec.1875; Alice (adopted) - 23 Oct. 1889; Edward - 11 Apr 1877; Percy - 23 July 1898; Margaret - 14 Dec. 1896.
also listed were:
John H. Heckbert (grandson) - 19 Apr.1897; Charles W. Heckbert (grandson) - 30 Oct.1900.

Children of Bridget McGuigan and Bernard Hughes are:

+ 30 i. James Hughes, born 21 April 1860.
+ 31 ii. Patrick Hughes, born 28 August 1861.
+ 32 iii. Ellen Hughes, born 23 December 1865; died 1945.
33 iv. John Hughes, born 20 December 1865.
34 v. Margaret Hughes, born 22 August 1872.
35 vi. Mary Hughes, born 03 September 1874.
36 vii. Margaret Hughes, born 13 September 1876 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.56.).
+ 37 viii. Thomas M. Hughes, born 09 December 1879; died 1966.

5. Bernard McGuigan (John "Jock") was born 25 May 1846 in St. Mary's Road, and died 11 March 1921 in St. Mary's Road (Source: Death certificate). He married Ellen Lafferty 22 January 1876 in St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.53.), daughter of Christopher Lafferty and Mary Hughes.

Notes
Last Will and Testament of Bernard McGuigan, L.21, F.582.
I, Bernard McGuigan, of St. Mary's Road, farmer, being of sound and disposing mind and memory do make and publish this as my last will and testament, hereby revoking all former wills and testamentary dispositions at any time by me made.
I hereby appoint my son Christopher to be the executor of my will.
I hereby direct my said executor to pay all of my just debts, funeral and testamentory expenses as soon as possible after my decease.
I hereby bequeath to my son Christopher all my moveable and immovable property, consisting of about one hundred acres of land, buildings, stock, impliments, furniture and all the rest and residue of my personal property.
I hereby bequeath the sum of one hundred dollars to each of my sons, Emmet, John & James, also one hundred dollars to my daughter Charlotte.
In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this third day of March 1921.

signed: Bernard McGuigan
witnesses: Jas. A. Hughes, Martin McCarthy

This will was proved on the 2nd day of June A.D. 1921.

Benrard's parents on his marriage entry (Acc.3271/23,24, p.53) names his mother as Margaret "Hughes".

Children of Bernard McGuigan and Ellen Lafferty are:

38 i. Catherine McGuigan, born 06 January 1877 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
39 ii. Christopher Ernest McGuigan, born 15 February 1879 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 26 November 1961.
40 iii. Robert Emmet McGuigan, born 27 December 1880 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 1958. He married Cecily McGee.
+ 41 iv. Charles Victor McGuigan, born 27 September 1882; died 14 January 1950.
+ 42 v. Margaret Catherine McGuigan, born 12 September 1884.
43 vi. Charlotte McGuigan, born 22 January 1888 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.146.).
44 vii. John Addison McGuigan, born 24 June 1889 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.159.); died 1958. He married Mary Daley 20 September 1925 in Cambridge, Mass. (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.159.).
+ 45 viii. James C. McGuigan, born 29 September 1890; died 23 August 1955.
46 ix. Charlotte "Lottie" McGuigan, born 03 August 1895 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.32.); died 01 April 1925. She married Terrence Lanigan 06 July 1921 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.111.).

6. Edward McGuigan (John "Jock") was born 24 June 1851 in St. Mary's Road. He married (1) Margaret Ellen Evans 14 January 1876 in St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.51.), daughter of Thomas Evans and Ellen Griffin. He married (2) Ellen McQuaid 06 September 1887 in St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p. 141.).

Notes
Acc 3271/23,24, p.51 has the marriage entry for Edward and Margaret Evans. It gives the parents for Edward as John McGuigan and Margaret Hughes and the Parents for Margaret as Thomas Evans and Ellen Griffin.

1881 census, lot 61, house 156, family 161:
Edward McGuigan - 31, Marget - 31, Aida - 4, E. Mary - 2, Edward - 8/12 (Aug)
All born PEI, all RC.

1890 Roman Catholic Census, St. Paul's Parish, Lot 61.
Family of Edward McGuigan lists: Edward - 39, Mrs. Ellen McQuaid - 39, Ada - 13, Mary Ellen - 11, Edmund - 9, Stephen - 7, Maggie - 5, Katie - 1, Alice - 5 mos.

1891 census, lot 61, family #199 has Edward and Ellen with 7 children living in a wooden 1 story 4 room house.

1901 census, lot 61, family #105 has Edward as a widower living with 9 children.

Marriage Notes
Edward's mother named "Margaret Hughes" on marriage entry.

Children of Edward McGuigan and Margaret Evans are:

47 i. Ida McGuigan, born 01 December 1876 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married George McGee 04 July 1900 in St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.63.).
48 ii. Mary Angelina McGuigan, born 05 October 1879.
49 iii. Edmund "Edward" McGuigan, born 10 September 1880 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
+ 50 iv. Stephen McGuigan, born 10 June 1882.
51 v. Martha Margaret McGuigan, born 16 July 1884 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.120.).

Children of Edward McGuigan and Ellen McQuaid are:

52 i. Catherine McGuigan, born 20 June 1888. She married Francis McKenna 07 January 1909 in Sydney Mines, Cape Breton.
53 ii. Alice McGuigan, born 29 October 1889 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.162.); died Bef 1901.
54 iii. John "Henry" McGuigan, born 14 April 1891 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.3.).
55 iv. Helena McGuigan, born 08 February 1894 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.24.).
56 v. Thomas McGuigan, born 08 December 1895 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p. 34.).

7. John McGuigan (John "Jock") was born February 1855 in St. Mary's Road. He married Bridget Cassidy.

Notes
1881 census, lot 61, house 167, family 173:
John McGuigan - 33, Bridget - 30, T. John - 3, Rose - 9/12 (July)
All born PEI, all RC.

1890 RC census, St. Paul's Parish, lot 61.
Family of John McGuigan, farmer.
John - 40, Mrs. Bridget Cassidy - 40, John - 11, Alfred - 8, Patrick - 6, Joseph - 4, Charles - 3, Maggie - 1.

1901 census, lot 61, family #54 has John living with 7 children but no wife although he is listed as married.

Children of John McGuigan and Bridget Cassidy are:

+ 57 i. John Edward McGuigan, born 16 June 1878; died 13 May 1958.
58 ii. Peter McGuigan, born 1880; died Bef 1890.
59 iii. Rose McGuigan, born 07 September 1880 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
60 iv. Alfred Daniel McGuigan, born 16 October 1881 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.92.).
61 v. Patrick McGuigan, born 20 March 1883 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.108.).
+ 62 vi. Joseph McGuigan, born 30 August 1885; died 1953.
+ 63 vii. Charles McGuigan, born 16 April 1887; died 1975.
64 viii. Margaret McGuigan, born 20 August 1888 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.151.).
65 ix. Peter McGuigan, born 11 August 1891 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.5.).

Generation No. 3

9. Mary McGuigan (James, John "Jock") was born 20 June 1861 (Source: Acc.3538A/1,p.77, St. James RC Church, Georgetown.), and died 1946. She married John McCarthy 22 November 1881, son of William McCarthy and Julia White.

Notes
Mary was baptized as Mary Goodman, dau. of James Goodman and Catherine McInnis.

1891 census, lot 61, family #232 has John and Mary living in a wooden 1 story, 4 room house with 5 children. All in family were born on P.E.I. and both parents of John and Mary were born in Ireland.

1890 RC census, St. Paul's Parish lists this family:
John age 34, Mrs. Mary McGuigan age 28,
Michael age 7, David age 3, James age 2, Mary age 1.

1901 census, lot 61, family #62 has this family with 11 children.

1928 Cummings Atlas lists this family with 8 children.

John's first wife, Mary Ellen McGuigan comes from her headstone in St. Paul's RC Cemetery. It reads:
In mem. of Mary Ellen beloved wife of John McCarty, died Dec.16, 1882, Ae 18
Also her sister Bridget, died Jan 11, 1883, Ae 21
Beloved daughters of Patrick and Mary McGuigan.

Here is a story, from Nora MacBeth.
John McCarthy was dating Mary, daughter of James McGuigan, they broke up. Then John married Mary, daughter of Patrick. Mary [James's daughter] walked behind the wagon of the newlyweds crying. The two Mary's are cousins. Mary [Patrick's daughter] died giving birth to Michael. Later John and Mary [James's D] got married and had 13 kids.
Are you confused yet? So this is our missing Michael. Nora said he later went to USA. John and his first wife lived in USA for a short time. Therefore Michael is a 1/2 brother to the rest.

Children of Mary McGuigan and John McCarthy are:

+ 66 i. David McCarthy, born 15 April 1887; died December 1949.
67 ii. James McCarthy, born 10 June 1888 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.149.); died March 1931.
+ 68 iii. Mary McCarthy, born 20 August 1889.
69 iv. Johanna McCarthy, born 04 September 1890 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.170.).
70 v. Martin J. McCarthy, born 20 January 1892 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.9.); died 07 August 1982. He married Angelina B. Daley.
71 vi. Ellen E. McCarthy, born 25 October 1893 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p. 22.).
72 vii. Josephine McCarthy, born 04 September 1893.
73 viii. Daniel McCarthy, born 17 March 1895 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.30.). He married Mary E. McCarthy 25 June 1949 in St. John's Church, Attelboro, Mass. (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.30.).
74 ix. Agnes McCarthy, born 24 December 1896 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.41.).
75 x. Anne McCarthy, born 15 October 1898 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.53.). She married James Ernest McTague 24 November 1926 in Charlottetown (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.53.).
76 xi. Josephine McCarthy, born 05 September 1900 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.65.).
77 xii. Catherine McCarthy, born 05 April 1902 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 1923.
78 xiii. Elizabeth McCarthy, born 03 May 1904 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
79 xiv. Martha McCarthy, born 01 May 1906 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 1921.
+ 80 xv. Lena McCarthy, born 04 February 1909; died 1944.

10. Bernard McGuigan (James, John "Jock") was born 30 June 1863 in St. Mary's Road (Source: St. James R.C. Church Records, Georgetown, Acc. 3538A, p.183), and died 1955. He married Rose Ann "Rosa" McGee 06 November 1892 in St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.14.), daughter of Philip McGee and Elizabeth Trainor.

Notes
St. James RC Church, Georgetown, Acc. 3538a/1 lists Bernard's baptism on page 77 as Bernard "Goodman" with his father as James "Goodman" but also on page 183 his baptism is listed again only this time as Bernard "McGuigan" with his father as James "McGuigan". I have no idea why his baptism is entered twice. Mother's name and sponsors names are the same for both entries.

Headstone says 1857-1955

I have a mariage entry in St. Paul's register, book 24, page 1 for:
Bernard McGuigan and it looks like Susie Clinton. Witnesses were Edward McGuigan and Francis Evans. I don't know if Bernard married her first but in the 1891 census lot 61 has family 255 living in a wooden 1 story, 3 room house with just Bernard age 30 and Annie age 25 with no children. It is possible that she died and Bernard married Rose Ann in 1892.

1891 census, lot 61, family #255 has Bernard's occupation as "laborer in factory"

1901 census, lot 61, family #58 has Bernard, Rosanna and 4 children.

1928 Cummings Atlas lists this family with 12 children.

Children of Bernard McGuigan and Rose McGee are:

+ 81 i. Roseanne McGuigan, born 15 October 1893.
+ 82 ii. Phillip McGuigan, born 06 May 1895; died 23 January 1990.
+ 83 iii. Catherine McGuigan, born 03 May 1897; died 28 February 1979.
+ 84 iv. James S. "Big Jim" McGuigan, born 03 September 1899 in St. Mary's Road; died 16 December 1983 in Lennox Nursing Home, Charlottetown.
+ 85 v. Elizabeth McGuigan, born 25 July 1901; died 25 June 1963.
+ 86 vi. Aeneas McGuigan, born 04 July 1903 in Sturgeon; died 31 October 1974 in Charlottetown.
+ 87 vii. Thomas McGuigan, born 25 July 1905.
+ 88 viii. Bernard "Barney" McGuigan, born 10 September 1907; died 1969.
89 ix. Helen McGuigan, born 1911 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Wesley Russell.
+ 90 x. Mary McGuigan, born 23 May 1911; died 15 June 1999 in Prince Edward Home, Charlottetown.
+ 91 xi. John Joseph "Jack" McGuigan, born 01 May 1913; died 25 January 1975 in Sturgeon.
92 xii. David McGuigan, born 09 November 1915 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 24 January 1944 in WWII, in Italy.
+ 93 xiii. Agnes McGuigan, born 20 October 1918; died 02 November 1992 in Gasperaux.

14. Bridget McGuigan (James, John "Jock") was born 01 November 1871 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.29.), and died 1940. She married Patrick McGee 20 November 1894 in St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.28.), son of Philip McGee and Elizabeth Trainor.

Notes
Headstone says 1873-1940, also 3 children with no dates.

1928 Cummings Atlas has this family listed with 7 children living in Lot 61.

Children of Bridget McGuigan and Patrick McGee are:

94 i. Janie McGee.
95 ii. Winnifred McGee, born 17 September 1895 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.33.).
96 iii. Winnifred McGee, born 20 January 1897 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.41.). She married Leonard Gorman 21 July 1920 in Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.41.).
97 iv. Mary Elizabeth McGee, born 14 November 1898 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.53.). She married Fred P. McMurrer 05 June 1925 in Charlottetown (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.54.).
98 v. Catherine "Katie" McGee, born 26 January 1901 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
+ 99 vi. Cecily McGee, born 19 November 1902; died 1997.
100 vii. Margaret McGee, born 19 November 1904 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
101 viii. Augustine McGee, born 03 November 1906 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 12 February 1975.
102 ix. Mary McGee, born 23 March 1909 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
+ 103 x. Thomas McGee, born 13 July 1911.
104 xi. Philip McGee, born 24 June 1914 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
105 xii. Ethel Genevive McGee, born 21 December 1915 (Source: St. Paul's Register).

19. Mary Ellen McGuigan (Patrick, John "Jock") was born 29 June 1862 in St. Mary's Road, and died 16 December 1882 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.104.). She married John McCarthy 22 November 1881 in St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.89.), son of William McCarthy and Julia White.

Child of Mary McGuigan and John McCarthy is:

106 i. Michael McCarthy, born 09 December 1882 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.104.).

22. James W. McGuigan (Patrick, John "Jock") was born 26 March 1869 in St. Mary's Road, and died 19 September 1906 in St. Mary's Rd.. He married Catherine Anne "Kitty Anne" McCarron 16 February 1897 in St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.42.), daughter of Michael McCarron and Margaret McInnis.

Notes
Last Will and Testiment of James W. McGuigan, libre 17, folio 175-176.

This is the last will and testament of me James W. McGuigan of St. Mary's Road in Kings County in the Province of Prince Edward Island, farmer and butcher.
I revoke all former wills or other testamentary dispositions by me at any time heretofore made made and declare this only to be and contain my last will and testament.

I direct all my just debts funeral and testamentory expenses to be paid and satisfied by my executive hereinafter made as soon as conveniently may be after my decease.

I bequeath all my ready money, household furniture, stock, farming implements and all other personal property of whatsoever nature and kind that I amy own at the time of my decease unto my wife Catherine Ann McGuigan absolutely.

To my two sons Maynard McGuigan and Lester McGuigan I bequeath the sum of one dollar each.

To my daughter Margaret McGuigan I bequeath the sum of one dollar.

I devise to my said wife Catherine Ann McGuigan, in lieu of dower, the western half of the farm on which I now reside situate at St. Mary's Road aforesaid to hold the same to herself and her heirs.

I devise the eastern half of my farm to my two sons, Allan McGuigan and John James McGuigan, to hold the same to themselves and their heirs as tenants in common.

I hereby appoint my said wife Catherine Ann McGuigan to be guardian of my infant children, namely the said Maynard McGuigan, Lester McGuigan, Margaret McGuigan, Allen McGuigan and John James McGuigan.

I hereby appoint my said wife Catherine Ann McGuigan to be sole executrix of this my last will and testament.

In witness whereof I, James W. McGuigan, the said testator, to this my last will and testament have hereunto set my hand this nineteenth day of September in the year of our Lord, one thousand nine hundred and six.

signed: James (his X mark) W. McGuigan

This will was proved on the 7th day of November 1906.

1901 census, lot 61, family #53.
1928 cummings Atlas lists this family as Mrs. Catherine McGuigan with 5 children.

Children of James McGuigan and Catherine McCarron are:

107 i. John James McGuigan, born 05 August 1897 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.44.).
108 ii. Allen Frederick McGuigan, born 03 June 1899 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.57.). He married Eleanor "Nellie" Barron 14 April 1929 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.57.). They had 9 children.
+ 109 iii. Maynard M. McGuigan, born 01 August 1901; died 03 July 1980.
110 iv. James Lester McGuigan, born 17 October 1903 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 24 May 1970.
+ 111 v. Margaret "Maggie" Alice McGuigan, born 09 August 1905; died 06 June 1996.

23. Catherine "Katie" McGuigan (Patrick, John "Jock") was born 28 February 1870 in P.E.I. (Source: St. James R.C. Church Records, Georgetown, Acc. 3538A, p.187), and died 13 May 1960. She married Peter Gormley 14 June 1890 in St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.166.).

Notes
Headstone says June 28, 1869-May 13, 1960

Children of Catherine McGuigan and Peter Gormley are:

112 i. John Gormley, born 21 August 1890 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.168.); died 04 April 1982. He married Mary Hilda Kelly 26 October 1916 in North Attelboro, Mass. (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.168.).
113 ii. John Arthur Gormley, born 07 November 1891 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.6.).
114 iii. Mary Helen Gormley, born 13 March 1893 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.16.); died 21 May 1965.
+ 115 iv. Catherine Ann Gormley, born 18 October 1894; died 1981.
116 v. Patrick Gormley, born 15 June 1896 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.38.).
117 vi. Dennis Gormley, born 07 November 1898 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.53.).
+ 118 vii. Peter W. Gormley, born 24 January 1903; died 26 December 1967.
+ 119 viii. Raymond Gormley, born 28 January 1907; died 12 August 1997.

24. Edward P. McGuigan (Patrick, John "Jock") was born 25 January 1872 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.29.), and died 1920 in St. Mary's Rd. (Source: Montague Funeral Home Records.). He married Mary Ada McCarron,daughter of Michael McCarron and Margaret McInnis.

Notes
1928 Cummings Atlas lists this family as Mrs. Edward McGuigan and 9 children.

Children of Edward McGuigan and Mary McCarron are:

+ 120 i. Ernest McGuigan, born 28 September 1902.
+ 121 ii. John E. McGuigan, born 25 June 1904; died 1994.
+ 122 iii. Bernard "Barney" Michael McGuigan, born 20 May 1906; died 19 March 1985 in Cabri, Saskatchewan.
+ 123 iv. Augustine McGuigan, born 08 May 1908; died 25 June 1960.
124 v. Stella Margaret McGuigan, born 05 April 1910 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 08 December 1980 in Bangor, Maine. She married Norman MacLeod.
+ 125 vi. Mary Etta McGuigan, born 03 August 1912; died 12 December 1987.
+ 126 vii. Harold Joseph McGuigan, born 02 August 1915; died 22 April 1997.
+ 127 viii. Herbert McGuigan, born 06 January 1918; died 06 October 1975 in St. Mary's Rd..
+ 128 ix. Helena "Lena" McGuigan, born 1920.

25. Patrick McGuigan (Patrick, John "Jock") was born 08 June 1873 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p. 38.), and died 1959. He married Catherine Ann McCarthy, daughter of William McCarthy and Mary Gormley.

Children of Patrick McGuigan and Catherine McCarthy are:

129 i. Mary McGuigan, born 13 June 1902 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
130 ii. Helena McGuigan, born 07 August 1903 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
131 iii. Joseph McGuigan, born 30 August 1906 (Source: St. Paul's Register).

26. Margret McGuigan (Patrick, John "Jock") was born 18 March 1875 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.48.), and died 1944. She married Edward McCarron 17 November 1896 in St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.40.), son of Bryne McCarron and Rose Cassidy.

Children of Margret McGuigan and Edward McCarron are:

132 i. Laurette McCarron. She married Gordon Blanchard.
133 ii. Margaret McCarron, born 30 November 1892.
134 iii. Vincent McCarron, born 23 May 1898 in Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.50.); died 1921.
+ 135 iv. Patrick McCarron, born 27 April 1900.
+ 136 v. Howard McCarron, born 15 August 1901; died 17 September 1979.
137 vi. Margaret McCarron, born 27 April 1903 (Source: St. James R.C. Church Records, Georgetown, Acc. 3538A, p.199).
+ 138 vii. Clementine McCarron, born 16 October 1904.
+ 139 viii. Catherine "Kit" McCarron, born 30 November 1907.
+ 140 ix. Edward McCarron, born 1909.
+ 141 x. Peter Daniel McCarron, born 13 March 1913; died October 1963.
+ 142 xi. Mary Ethel McCarron, born 04 November 1914; died 1952.

30. James Hughes (Bridget McGuigan, John "Jock") was born 21 April 1860. He married Anne McCarthy, daughter of Martin McCarthy and Mary McCarron.

Notes
1891 census, lot 61, family #231 has James with wife "Elizabeth" and daughter, Margaret.

1901 census, lot 61, family #47 also shows the wife's name as "Lizzie"

1928 Cummings Directory lists this family with 10 children.

Children of James Hughes and Anne McCarthy are:

143 i. Margaret Hughes, born 27 December 1891.
144 ii. Stephen Hughes, born 27 January 1892 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.9.).
145 iii. Ella Hughes, born 05 May 1894.
146 iv. Bridget Hughes, born 05 September 1895.
147 v. James Hughes, born 07 November 1896 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.40.).
148 vi. Joseph Hughes, born 20 September 1898 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.52.). He married Catherine McGee 17 November 1920 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.52.).
149 vii. Mary Hughes, born 20 July 1899.
+ 150 viii. Grace Hughes, born 1914.
151 ix. Patrick Hughes.
152 x. Bernard Hughes.
153 xi. Thomas Hughes.
154 xii. Roy Hughes.

31. Patrick Hughes (Bridget McGuigan, John "Jock") was born 28 August 1861. He married Mary "Minnie" McGee, daughter of Philip McGee and Elizabeth Trainor.

Children of Patrick Hughes and Mary McGee are:

155 i. Bernard Hughes, born 04 January 1892 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.8.).
156 ii. Elizabeth Hughes, born 12 May 1893 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.18.).
157 iii. Amelia Hughes, born 18 November 1894 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.28.).
158 iv. Bridget Hughes, born 02 July 1896 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.38.). She married Urban Patrick Bradley 14 October 1922 in Brooklyn, N.Y. (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.38.).
159 v. Patrick Hughes, born 26 December 1897 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.47.).
160 vi. Mary Hughes, born 15 January 1899 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.55.).
161 vii. Janie "Janey" Hughes, born 16 December 1900 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.66.).

32. Ellen Hughes (Bridget McGuigan, John "Jock") was born 23 December 1865, and died 1945. She married John McCarron 07 January 1889 in St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.155.), son of Michael McCarron and Elizabeth McGee.

Children of Ellen Hughes and John McCarron are:

162 i. Midgey McCarron, died in Infancy.
163 ii. John McCarron, born 10 December 1889 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.163.); died Abt 1890 in Infancy.
164 iii. Percy McCarron, born 19 November 1890 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.172.); died 07 October 1910 in St. Mary's Road, Prince Edward Island.
165 iv. John McCarron, born 16 July 1892 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.11.).
+ 166 v. Margaret Mary "Maggie" McCarron, born 26 December 1893 in Sturgeon; died 10 September 1988 in St. Mary's Road, Prince Edward Island.
167 vi. James "Jimmy" McCarron, born 06 February 1896 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.35.); died 1960.
+ 168 vii. Bridget Bernadette "Nettie" McCarron, born 28 November 1897.
169 viii. John McCarron, born 27 March 1902 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
170 ix. Bridget McCarron, born 12 November 1904 (Source: St. Paul's Register).

37. Thomas M. Hughes (Bridget McGuigan, John "Jock") was born 09 December 1879 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.70.), and died 1966. He married Bertha Mahar, daughter of James Mahar and Ada Murphy.

Notes
1928 Cummings Directory lists this family with 5 children.

Children of Thomas Hughes and Bertha Mahar are:

171 i. Bridget Hughes.
+ 172 ii. Mary M. Hughes.
173 iii. Thomas Hughes.
174 iv. Leonard Hughes.
175 v. Stella Hughes.
176 vi. Clemmie Hughes.
177 vii. Ada Hughes.
178 viii. Reginald Hughes.
179 ix. Cecil Hughes.
180 x. Herman Hughes.
181 xi. Margaret Hughes.

41. Charles Victor McGuigan (Bernard, John "Jock") was born 27 September 1882 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.102.), and died 14 January 1950. He married Martha Jamieson 05 August 1912 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.165.), daughter of Godfrey Jamieson and Mary Reynolds.

Notes
Listed in 1928 Cummings Atlas.

Child of Charles McGuigan and Martha Jamieson is:

182 i. Rene McGuigan.

42. Margaret Catherine McGuigan (Bernard, John "Jock") was born 12 September 1884 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.121.). She married Patrick Walsh.

Child of Margaret McGuigan and Patrick Walsh is:

+ 183 i. Margaret Loretta "Lottie" Walsh, born 15 March 1913; died 1976.

45. James C. McGuigan (Bernard, John "Jock") was born 29 September 1890 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.172.), and died 23 August 1955. He married Ann Elizabeth Murphy, daughter of Philip Murphy and Margaret McCarron.

Notes
1928 Cummings Atlas lists this family with 2 children.

Children of James McGuigan and Ann Murphy are:

+ 184 i. Mildred Ann McGuigan, born 1921.
+ 185 ii. James Theodore McGuigan, born 1924.
186 iii. Charles Cecil McGuigan, born 1926 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
187 iv. Margaret Eleanor McGuigan, born 1927 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Eric Richard.
188 v. Martha McGuigan, born 1929 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Lloyd Curran.
+ 189 vi. George Cornelius McGuigan, born 1931.
190 vii. Mary Theresa Irene McGuigan, born 1934 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Fabian Daley.

50. Stephen McGuigan (Edward, John "Jock") was born 10 June 1882 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.96.). He married Margaret McKearney 23 February 1909 in St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.141.), daughter of Terrence McKearney and Margaret MacLean.

Notes
In the St. Paul's Register it is written on top of Stephen's baptism: Married to Margaret McKerney in Sturgeon Church...1909.

Children of Stephen McGuigan and Margaret McKearney are:

191 i. Margaret McGuigan, born 1909 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
192 ii. Harry McGuigan, born 1911 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
193 iii. Stephen McGuigan, born 1912 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
194 iv. Arthur McGuigan, born 1915 (Source: St. Paul's Register).

57. John Edward McGuigan (John, John "Jock") was born 16 June 1878 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.63.), and died 13 May 1958. He married Elizabeth "Lizzie" McCarron, daughter of Thomas McCarron and Rose McKearney.

Notes
John's baptism entry has this added: Married in Charlottetown on 26 April 1927 to Mary Jane White.

Children of John McGuigan and Elizabeth McCarron are:

195 i. Denis McGuigan, born 1914. He married Evelyn Unknown.
196 ii. John Denis McGuigan, born 17 April 1917 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 23 May 1977.
197 iii. Thomas L. McGuigan, born 31 July 1921; died 13 October 1996.
198 iv. Charles J. McGuigan 1922.
+ 199 v. Rosella McGuigan, born 10 March 1924; died 25 December 1991.
200 vi. Patrick McGuigan, born 01 April 1926 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 14 February 1932.
+ 201 vii. Peter McGuigan, 1930.

62. Joseph McGuigan (John, John "Jock") was born 30 August 1885 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.126.), and died 1953. He married Cecily McCarron 23 June 1917 in Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.126, and also p.142.), daughter of John McCarron and Sarah McGuigan.

Notes
Listed in 1928 Cummings Atlas with 2 children.

Children of Joseph McGuigan and Cecily McCarron are:

+ 202 i. Margaret McGuigan.
203 ii. Sarah Mary "Sadie" McGuigan, born 1917 (Source: St. Paul's Register).

63. Charles McGuigan (John, John "Jock") was born 16 April 1887 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.139.), and died 1975 (Source: Headstone, E245.). He married Margaret June Walsh.

Children of Charles McGuigan and Margaret Walsh are:

204 i. Agnes McGuigan. She married Francis Connolly.
205 ii. Anne McGuigan. She married Harold MacInnis.
+ 206 iii. James Louis McGuigan, died 23 April 1985.
207 iv. Lorne McGuigan.
208 v. Marjorie McGuigan.
209 vi. Theodore McGuigan.
210 vii. Margaret Mary McGuigan, born 1911; died 1927.
+ 211 viii. Clara McGuigan, born 10 August 1920; died 18 February 1983.
212 ix. Eugene Nazarus McGuigan, born 28 July 1923 (Source: Obit. the Guardian, p.20, March 22, 1984); died 13 January 1984 in Iona.
213 x. Shirley McGuigan, born 1935; died 1943.

Generation No. 4

66. David McCarthy (Mary McGuigan, James, John "Jock") was born 15 April 1887 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.139.), and died December 1949. He married Bridget R. McCarron, daughter of Michael McCarron and Margaret McInnis.

Notes
1928 Cummings Atlas lists this family with 4 children.

Children of David McCarthy and Bridget McCarron are:

214 i. Mary Agnes McCarthy, died 1986. She married Frederick Keenan.
215 ii. Russell McCarthy.
216 iii. John Michael McCarthy, he married Rosella McGuigan.
217 iv. Catherine Josephine McCarthy, she married Donald Dickson.
218 v. Earl Joseph McCarthy, born 12 March 1926 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 11 November 1998 in Toronto, Ontario. He married Rosaline Close.
219 vi. Austin Russell McCarthy, born 24 September 1927 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 1954 in Toronto.
220 vii. Daniel D. McCarthy, born 23 July 1929 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 08 November 1985. He married Ethel French.
221 viii. James Anthony McCarthy, he married Pauline Daly.

68. Mary McCarthy (Mary McGuigan, James, John "Jock") was born 20 August 1889 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.161.). She married Thomas Trainor.

Children of Mary McCarthy and Thomas Trainor are:

222 i. Olive Trainor.
223 ii. Agnes Trainor.
224 iii. Jean Trainor.

80. Lena McCarthy (Mary McGuigan, James, John "Jock") was born 04 February 1909 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 1944. She married John Ernest Mahar, son of James Mahar and Ada Murphy.

Children of Lena McCarthy and John Mahar are:

225 i. John James Mahar, born May 1939. He married Verna Wallace.
226 ii. Thomas Mahar, born 1940.
227 iii. Merle Mahar, born 1941. He married Gloria Unknown.
228 iv. Nora Mary Ada Mahar, born 1943. She married Sinclair MacBeth 04 February 1966.

81. Roseanne McGuigan (Bernard, James, John "Jock") was born 15 October 1893 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.22.). She married Joseph Conway 04 November 1913 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.22.).

Children of Roseanne McGuigan and Joseph Conway are:

229 i. Daniel Conway.
230 ii. Philip Conway.
231 iii. George Conway.
232 iv. Thomas Conway.
233 v. Nellie Conway.
234 vi. Elizabeth Conway.
235 vii. Beatrice Conway.
236 viii. David Conway.
237 ix. Rosella Conway.

82. Phillip McGuigan (Bernard, James, John "Jock") was born 06 May 1895 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.30.), and died 23 January 1990. He married Mary "Mae" McKearney 11 September 1910 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.30.), daughter of James McKearney and Clementine Hughes.

Notes
1928 Cummings Atlas lists this family with 3 children.

Children of Phillip McGuigan and Mary McKearney are:

238 i. Elizabeth "Lizzie" McGuigan, born 15 December 1920 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 13 July 1960 in St. Mary's Rd.. She married Herbert McGuigan.
239 ii. Gertrude McGuigan, born 1922 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Thomas J. Murphy 13 August 1945.
240 iii. Aeneas Philip "Little Aeneas" McGuigan, born 04 October 1923 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 1996. He married Violet Jamieson.
241 iv. James Reginald "Reggie" McGuigan, born 1927 (Source: St. Paul's Register), died 17 July, 2000. He married Althea MacLeod.
242 v. Clementine McGuigan, born 1929 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Hudson Sheehan.
243 vi. Theresa Mae McGuigan, born 1933 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Peter McGuigan.
244 vii. Barbara Rose McGuigan, born 1937 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married George Casey.
245 viii. Howlan Philip McGuigan, born 27 October 1939 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 26 September 1987. He married Gertrude Daley.
246 ix. Catherine Coleen McGuigan, born 1941 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Arling O'Holloran.
247 x. Preston Lawrence McGuigan, born 1943 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Greta Elaine Madeline Gormley 10 October 1964.

83. Catherine McGuigan (Bernard, James, John "Jock") was born 03 May 1897 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.43.), and died 28 February 1979. She married Hugh A. MacDougall 31 August 1921 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.43.).

Children of Catherine McGuigan and Hugh MacDougall are:

248 i. Katherine MacDougall, Adopted child. She married George Cornelius McGuigan.
249 ii. Jackie H. MacDougall, born 17 January 1931; died 16 May 1933.

84. James S. "Big Jim" McGuigan (Bernard, James, John "Jock") was born 03 September 1899 in St. Mary's Road (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.59.), and died 16 December 1983 in Lennox Nursing Home, Charlottetown (Source: The Guardian, obituary, 06 March 1984.). He married Laura Murphy 03 August 1921, daughter of James Murphy and Margaret McKearney.

Notes
Pte. James McGuigan Light Horse Brigade.

Children of James McGuigan and Laura Murphy are:

250 i. Philip Bernard McGuigan, born 1922 in St. Mary's Rd. (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Christina Margaret Doiron 12 February 1947 in Holy Redeemer Church. Philip died 27 October 2001 at Kings County Memorial Hospital and is interred in St. Paul's Cemetary.
251 ii. Ethel McGuigan, born 1923 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Earl Jay.
252 iii. Eileen Katherine McGuigan, born 1926 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Gerald Dodson.
253 iv. James McGuigan, born 22 February 1929 in St. Mary's Rd. (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 09 December 1995 in Toronto, Ontario. He married Eileen Francis McCormack 12 September 1953 in Toronto.
254 v. Mary Dorothy McGuigan, born 1930 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Richard Earl Hardy 25 June 1958 in Toronto.
255 vi. Lawrence Joseph McGuigan, born 06 September 1931 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 17 July 1983.
256 vii. Margaret Lois McGuigan, born 1933 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Richard Ives.
257 viii. Elizabeth Laura "Lolly" McGuigan, born 1935 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Ronald Jacklin 26 November 1955.
258 ix. Lillian Rose McGuigan, born 1936 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married George Patrick Wilson 21 September 1963.
259 x. George David McGuigan, born 1939 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Shirley Viola Irving 31 October 1961.
260 xi. Leo McGuigan, born 1940 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
261 xii. Emily Ann McGuigan, born 1946 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Paul Landry 07 October 1977.

85. Elizabeth McGuigan (Bernard, James, John "Jock") was born 25 July 1901 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 25 June 1963. She married Harold Redmond.

Children of Elizabeth McGuigan and Harold Redmond are:

262 i. Teddy Redmond. He married Margaret Rose Roberts.
263 ii. Ralph Redmond.
264 iii. Elizabeth Redmond.
265 iv. Harold Redmond, born 13 November 1930; died 14 November 1978.
266 v. Shirley Redmond, born 1935; died 1987. She married Sterling R. Roberts.

86. Aeneas McGuigan (Bernard, James, John "Jock") was born 04 July 1903 in Sturgeon (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 31 October 1974 in Charlottetown. He married Cecelia Florence O'Connor 26 June 1950 in Sturgeon, daughter of Alban O'Connor and Clara MacKenzie.

Notes
Aeneas was also known as "one-armed Aeneas" because he had polio as a child and one arm was not useable and smaller than the other.
Aeneas lived on St. Mary's Rd. and drove the mail wagon until 1955 when he and his family moved into Charlottetown. He worked at the Charlottetown Hospital as a boiler man until his retirement in 1968.

Children of Aeneas McGuigan and Cecelia O'Connor are:

267 i. Paulette Dianne McGuigan, born 1951 in Charlottetown. She married Joseph Carlyle Gaudet 07 October 1971 in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
268 ii. Clara Regina McGuigan, born 1953 in Montague. She married (1) David C. Faithfull in 1972. She married (2) Kenneth Power 1983 in Saint Pius X Church. She married (3) David Christopher Faithfull 24 June 1995 in Stratford, Prince Edward Island.
269 iii. Gregory Aeneas McGuigan, born 14 August 1955 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 16 September 1955.
270 iv. Paul Gerard McGuigan, born 1958 in Charlottetown. He married Susan Steeves 10 December 1988 in Calgary, Alberta.
271 v. Gary Arthur David McGuigan, born 1960 in Charlottetown.

87. Thomas McGuigan (Bernard, James, John "Jock") was born 25 July 1905 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married (1) Sarah (Sadie) DeGaugh. He married (2) Irene Shepherd.

Children of Thomas McGuigan and Sarah DeGaugh are:

272 i. Bernice McGuigan.
273 ii. Eileen McGuigan.
274 iii. William Thomas McGuigan. He married Mary Margaret O'Connor.
275 iv. Bernard Reuben McGuigan, born 14 May 1928 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 26 February 1945 in Holland.
276 v. Leo Melvin McGuigan, born 1931 (Source: St. Paul's Register).

Children of Thomas McGuigan and Irene Shepherd are:

277 i. Mary Helena McGuigan, born 1940 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
278 ii. Arlene McGuigan.
279 iii. Debra McGuigan.
280 iv. Barbara McGuigan.

88. Bernard "Barney" McGuigan (Bernard, James, John "Jock") was born 10 September 1907 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 1969. He married Grace Hughes, daughter of James Hughes and Anne McCarthy.

Children of Bernard McGuigan and Grace Hughes are:

281 i. James Harold "Harry" McGuigan, born 1939 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
282 ii. Elizabeth Bernice McGuigan, born 01 December 1945; died 06 February 1946.
283 iii. Bernadine McGuigan, born 1947. She married David McGregor.
284 iv. Eleanor McGuigan, born 1948. She married Paul Gautier.
285 v. Catherine Gailene McGuigan, born 1950. She married Ronald Smith.
286 vi. Leonard Gerard McGuigan, born 1951. He married Brenda Bernard 30 October 1976.
287 vii. Judy McGuigan, born 1953.
288 viii. Frances McGuigan, born 1954. She married Charles Dougan 05 November 1988.
289 ix. Allan McGuigan, born 1956. He married Charmaine Mitchell.

90. Mary McGuigan (Bernard, James, John "Jock") was born 23 May 1911 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 15 June 1999 in Prince Edward Home, Charlottetown. She married Gerald Acorn.

Notes
Twin of Helen.

Children of Mary McGuigan and Gerald Acorn are:

290 i. Raymond Acorn.
291 ii. William Acorn. He married Sue Unknown.
292 iii. Geraldine Acorn.
293 iv. Josephine Acorn. She married Meindert Havenga.
294 v. David Acorn. He married Dianne Unknown.
295 vi. Leroy Acorn.
296 vii. Maurice Acorn. He married Joanie Unknown.
297 viii. Marjorie Acorn. She married Ernest Beers.

91. John Joseph "Jack" McGuigan (Bernard, James, John "Jock") was born 01 May 1913 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 25 January 1975 in Sturgeon. He married Helen Genevieve French 27 December 1937, daughter of Stephen French and Mary Steele.

Notes
John J. McGuigan was a private in the West Nova Scotia Highlanders during WWII.

Children of John McGuigan and Helen French are:

298 i. Mary Cecelia McGuigan, born 1934 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married James Bernard Farrell.
299 ii. Stephen David McGuigan, born 1935 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Joan Kelly.
300 iii. John Aeneas "Jack" McGuigan, born 1936 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married (1) Eileen S. Doyle 1956. He married (2) Debbie Marie Bernard 15 January 1994.
301 iv. Carl Louis McGuigan, born 1941 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
302 v. James Louis McGuigan, born 1946 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
303 vi. Eldon Joseph McGuigan, born 1948 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Mary Winnifred "Winnie" McCarron 28 September 1968.
304 vii. Ralph Bernard McGuigan, born 23 September 1949 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 22 January 1973. He married Carole Woodruff 10 July 1971.
305 viii. Anna May McGuigan, born 1950 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married John William Daley 26 September 1970.
306 ix. Donald Francis McGuigan, born 07 September 1952 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 02 May 1990 (Source: Guardian, May 26, 1970, p.3). He married Fern MacLean.
307 x. Flora Jane "Flossie" McGuigan, born 1954 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Kevin Chalker.
308 xi. Elizabeth Maureen McGuigan, born 1956 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Joseph Dunahoe.

93. Agnes McGuigan (Bernard, James, John "Jock") was born 20 October 1918 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 02 November 1992 in Gasperaux. She married William Harold Butler, son of Lemuel Butler and Ella Reynolds.

Children of Agnes McGuigan and William Butler are:

309 i. Rose Butler. She married Neil Millar.
310 ii. Sandra Butler. She married Unknown Peardon.
311 iii. Barney Butler. He married Norma Unknown.
312 iv. Kathy Butler, born 1956. She married Allan Martin 20 August 1977.
313 v. David Butler.
314 vi. Teddy (Edward) Butler.
315 vii. Lorraine Butler. She married Lawrence Mahar.
316 viii. Bubby (Harold) Butler. He married Carol Higginbotham.
317 ix. Lemuel Stephen Butler, born 1942; died 09 July 1995.

99. Cecily McGee (Bridget McGuigan, James, John "Jock") was born 19 November 1902 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 1997. She married John E. McGuigan, son of Edward McGuigan and Mary McCarron.

Children of Cecily McGee and John McGuigan are:

318 i. Mary Beatrice5 McGuigan, born 1930 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married William Hutcheson.
319 ii. Bernice McGuigan. She married Donald Ricker.
320 iii. Eileen McGuigan. She married Joseph Sweeney.
321 iv. Norbert McGuigan. He married Sylvia Unknown.
322 v. Melvin McGuigan. He married Sharon Unknown.
323 vi. Winnifred McGuigan. She married Clifford Wayne Joseph McGee 1964.
324 vii. Ralph McGuigan. He married Clara Ronaghan.
325 viii. Doris Ann McGuigan, born 1949 in Montague. She married Walter Douglas King 09 June 1979 in Holy Redeemer Church.

103. Thomas McGee (Bridget McGuigan, James, John "Jock") was born 1911 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Bridget Elizabeth McGee, daughter of Joseph McGee and Margaret McCarron.

Children of Thomas McGee and Bridget McGee are:

326 i. Eileen Marguerite5 McGee, born 1938 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married James William McCarron.
327 ii. Elmer Joseph McGee, born 1941 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Sheila Cahoon.
328 iii. Francis Augustine McGee, born 1949 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Valerie Catherine Merle Jackson.
329 iv. Barbara Elizabeth Anne McGee, born 1953 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
330 v. David Gerard McGee, born 1956 (Source: St. Paul's Register).

109. Maynard M. McGuigan (James W., Patrick, John "Jock") was born 01 August 1901 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 03 July 1980. He married Minnie Mary MacKay 1937, daughter of Duncan MacKay and Christina MacPherson.

Children of Maynard McGuigan and Minnie MacKay are:

331 i. Jacqueline "Jackie" Ann McGuigan, born 1938 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Howard Clifford MacKay 31 December 1980.
332 ii. Vonda Carmel McGuigan, born 1940 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Robert Loane 22 July 1961.
333 iii. Taresea Catherine Ann "Tress" McGuigan, born 1943 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Adam Kiverago.

111. Margaret "Maggie" Alice McGuigan (James W., Patrick, John "Jock") was born 09 August 1905 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 06 June 1996. She married Ambrose P. O'Halloran 02 October 1929, son of Patrick O'Halloran and Martha Hynes.

Children of Margaret McGuigan and Ambrose O'Halloran are:

334 i. Mary Winnifred O'Halloran, born 1931. She married (1) Sixtus Curran 24 August 1949. She married (2) Robert MacIntyre 15 June 1979.
335 ii. Martha Margaret O'Halloran, born 1933. She married John V. Cullen 22 June 1963.
336 iii. John A. Patrick Jack O'Halloran, born 25 June 1934; died 30 December 1997. He married Margaritte Myers 01 December 1957.
337 iv. Mayna Catherine O'Halloran, born 1935. She married Edward Sheldon Loveless 26 November 1955.
338 v. James Daniel O'Halloran, born 1937. He married Margaret Steele 03 September 1960.
339 vi. Vera Lestina O'Halloran, born 1938. She married Daniel James Nolan 04 April 1959.
340 vii. Georgina Elizabeth O'Halloran, born 1941. She married Frank Steele 29 August 1970.
341 viii. Stephen Allen O'Halloran, born 1944. He married Patricia Ann Wilkinson 27 September 1969.

115. Catherine Ann Gormley (Catherine "Katie" McGuigan, Patrick, John "Jock") was born 18 October 1894 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.27.), and died 1981. She married Thomas J. Murphy 03 October 1915 in St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.150.), son of Tom Murphy and Catherine McCarron.

Children of Catherine Gormley and Thomas Murphy are:

342 i. Mary Ellen Murphy, born 1916 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Edward McCarron.
343 ii. Clara Louise Murphy, born 1919 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married William Theodore Giddings.
344 iii. Frances Eileen Murphy, born 1921 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Frank Lavandier.
345 iv. Catherine Irene "Kaye" Murphy, born 1922 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married John Bromerhead.
346 v. Thomas J. Murphy, born 1924 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Gertrude McGuigan 13 August 1945.
347 vi. Rosaline Murphy, born 1926 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Peter O'Laine.
348 vii. Raymond Clarence Murphy, born 28 April 1928 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 17 April 1998 in St. Mary's Rd.. He married Claire Delorie.
349 viii. Margaret Eunice Murphy, born 1929 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Hughie Wilson.
350 ix. Vincent Grant Murphy, born 1931 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
351 x. Ruby Helena Murphy, born 1933 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Fred Deveaux.
352 xi. Edna Muriel Murphy, born 1935 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married John Wall.
353 xii. John Arthur Murphy, born 1938 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Gail Unknown.
354 xiii. Hilda Anne Murphy, born 1941 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Kenneth Ballum.

118. Peter W. Gormley (Catherine "Katie" McGuigan, Patrick, John "Jock") was born 24 January 1903 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 26 December 1967. He married Clementina Jamieson 23 November 1915 in Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.121.), daughter of William Jamieson and Dorothy French.

Notes
Family listed in 1928 Cummings Atlas.

Children of Peter Gormley and Clementina Jamieson are:

355 i. Agatha Gormley, born 1916 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
356 ii. Joseph Clair Gormley, born 1920 (Source: St. Paul's Register).

119. Raymond Gormley (Catherine "Katie" McGuigan, Patrick, John "Jock") was born 28 January 1907 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 12 August 1997. He married Mary Bertha McCarthy, daughter of Martin McCarthy and Bridget Jamieson.

Children of Raymond Gormley and Mary McCarthy are:

357 i. Gloria Vivian Gormley, born 1934 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
358 ii. Carl Rudolph Gormley, born 1936 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
359 iii. Thelma Joan Gormley, born 1938 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
360 iv. Shirley Arlene Gormley, born 1941 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
361 v. Greta Elaine Madeline Gormley, born 1944 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Preston Lawrence McGuigan 10 October 1964.
362 vi. John Patrick Raymond Gormley, born 1947 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
363 vii. Richard Everet Gormley, born 1948 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
364 viii. Marshall Peter Ralph Gormley, born 1952 (Source: St. Paul's Register).

120. Ernest McGuigan (Edward P., Patrick, John "Jock") was born 28 September 1902 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Viola Poller.

Child of Ernest McGuigan and Viola Poller is:

365 i. Viola McGuigan.

121. John E. McGuigan (Edward P., Patrick, John "Jock") was born 25 June 1904 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 1994. He married Cecily McGee, daughter of Patrick McGee and Bridget McGuigan.

Children of John McGuigan and Cecily McGee are:

366 i. Mary Beatrice McGuigan, born 1930 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married William Hutcheson.
367 ii. Bernice McGuigan. She married Donald Ricker.
368 iii. Eileen McGuigan. She married Joseph Sweeney.
369 iv. Norbert McGuigan. He married Sylvia Unknown.
370 v. Melvin McGuigan. He married Sharon Unknown.
371 vi. Winnifred McGuigan. She married Clifford Wayne Joseph McGee 1964.
372 vii. Ralph McGuigan. He married Clara Ronaghan.
373 viii. Doris Ann McGuigan, born 1949 in Montague. She married Walter Douglas King 09 June 1979 in Holy Redeemer Church.

122. Bernard "Barney" Michael McGuigan (Edward P., Patrick, John "Jock") was born 20 May 1906 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 19 March 1985 in Cabri, Saskatchewan. He married Claire Moe.

Children of Bernard McGuigan and Claire Moe are:

374 i. Barry McGuigan. He married Joan Larson 28 December 1966.
375 ii. Earl McGuigan, born 1932. He married Mary Parker 17 April 1956.
376 iii. Ada McGuigan, born 08 June 1935; died 08 June 1935.
377 iv. Carol McGuigan, born 1936. She married Edward Hintz 1954.

123. Augustine McGuigan (Edward P., Patrick, John "Jock") was born 08 May 1908 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 25 June 1960. He married Mary Ellen "Nellie" Walsh, daughter of Patrick Walsh.

Children of Augustine McGuigan and Mary Walsh are:

378 i. Austin McGuigan. He married Joan Unknown.
379 ii. Patricia McGuigan. She married William Quinn.

125. Mary Etta McGuigan (Edward P., Patrick, John "Jock") was born 03 August 1912 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 12 December 1987. She married Leroy Chandler.

Children of Mary McGuigan and Leroy Chandler are:

380 i. Caroline Chandler. She married Paul Phillepos.
381 ii. Joanne Chandler. She married James Mitchell.

126. Harold Joseph McGuigan (Edward P., Patrick, John "Jock") was born 02 August 1915 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 22 April 1997. He married Clara McGuigan 11 June 1942 in St. Mary's Cathedral, Halifax, N.S., daughter of Charles McGuigan and Margaret Walsh.

Children of Harold McGuigan and Clara McGuigan are:

382 i. Shirley Mary Margaret McGuigan, born 1944. She married Michael Dougherty 30 November 1963.
383 ii. Glen Joseph McGuigan, born 19 March 1945; died 02 December 1986. He married Connie Beaton.
384 iii. Wayne Charles McGuigan, born 1948. He married LaVerne MacKenzie 11 September 1971.
385 iv. Edward Blair McGuigan, born 1949.
386 v. Keith Harold McGuigan, born 1952. He married Noreen O'Brien 17 December 1993.
387 vi. Slyvia Ann McGuigan, born 1956. She married Charles Knox 08 August 1981.

127. Herbert McGuigan (Edward P., Patrick, John "Jock") was born 06 January 1918 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 06 October 1975 in St. Mary's Rd.. He married Elizabeth "Lizzie" McGuigan, daughter of Phillip McGuigan and Mary McKearney.

Children of Herbert McGuigan and Elizabeth McGuigan are:

388 i. Ivan McGuigan. He married Carol Yorston.
389 ii. Thelma Jean McGuigan, born 1940 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Charles Morrison 07 August 1969 in St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon.
390 iii. Herbert Brent McGuigan, born 1946 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Marie Elizabeth McCarthy.
391 iv. Patrick Garnet Kenneth McGuigan, born 1951 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
392 v. Elizabeth Dianne McGuigan, born 1955 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married (1) Kevin Jesso. She married (2) Brad McArthur.
393 vi. Francis Darlene Faye McGuigan, born 28 September 1958 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 06 January 1959.

128. Helena "Lena" McGuigan (Edward P., Patrick, John "Jock") was born 1920 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Alphonsus Patrick McCarron 01 November 1939, son of Robert McCarron and Mary Gormley.

Children of Helena McGuigan and Alphonsus McCarron are:

394 i. Harold Alphonsus McCarron, born 1940 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
395 ii. Sandra Ann McCarron, born 1941. She married Arnold Daley 29 October 1960.
396 iii. Shirley Margaret Lena McCarron, born 1943 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married John Deveney 07 July 1967.
397 iv. Robert Barry McCarron, born 1947 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Doris Elaine Kemp 23 August 1969.
398 v. Mary Winnifred "Winnie" McCarron, born 1948 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Eldon Joseph McGuigan 28 September 1968.
399 vi. Stella Paulette McCarron, born 1952 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Barry Creed 01 November 1969.
400 vii. Kevin Brian McCarron, born 1957 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Ann Ramsay 16 May 1981.
401 viii. Gerald "Gerry" Austin McCarron, born 1960 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Nora Knox 03 June 1989.

135. Patrick McCarron (Margret McGuigan, Patrick, John "Jock") was born 27 April 1900 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.62.). He married Mabel Schultz.

Children of Patrick McCarron and Mabel Schultz are:

402 i. Cecil Vincent McCarron. He married Mary Jones.
403 ii. Patrick Dale McCarron. He married (1) Jeanette Young. He married (2) Marjorie Mitchell.

136. Howard McCarron (Margret McGuigan, Patrick, John "Jock") was born 15 August 1901 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 17 September 1979 (Source: Headstone, H239.). He married Mabel Irene Sorrie 04 January 1945 (Source: St. David's United Church, Georgetown, marriage register, ACC. 3617/1), daughter of Freeman Sorrie.

Children of Howard McCarron and Mabel Sorrie are:

404 i. David Howard McCarron, born 1946. He married (1) Tanya Wilband 19 December 1970. He married (2) Sheila Turner 14 April 1979.
405 ii. Margaret Mabel McCarron, born 1947. She married (1) Lorne LeBel 12 April 1969. She married (2) Joast Russiker 30 October 1993.
406 iii. Karen Ann McCarron, born 1961. She married (1) John Clarey 17 July 1984. She married (2) Rodd Currie 26 June 1993.
407 iv. Peter Michael McCarron, born 1965. He married Brenda Jackson 30 November 1985.

138. Clementine McCarron (Margret McGuigan, Patrick, John "Jock") was born 16 October 1904 (Source: St. James R.C. Church Records, Georgetown, Acc. 3538A, p.199). She married (1) Robert Haviland. She married (2) Edward MacDonald.

Child of Clementine McCarron and Robert Haviland is:

408 i. Robert Haviland.

139. Catherine "Kit" McCarron (Margret McGuigan, Patrick, John "Jock") was born 1907 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married John Francis Drury.

Notes
Catherine, known as "Kit", changed the spelling of her name to Kathryn in the 1920s.

Children of Catherine McCarron and John Drury are:

409 i. Katherine "Kittens" Marie Drury, born 1933. She married Carl Jesse Whitehead 1971.
410 ii. Margaret "Peggy" Drury, born 1933. She married Andrew M. Lynch 1954 in New Jersey.
411 iii. Lauretta Drury.
412 iv. Linda Drury.

140. Edward McCarron (Margret McGuigan, Patrick, John "Jock") was born 1909 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Mary Ellen Murphy, daughter of Thomas Murphy and Catherine Gormley.

Child of Edward McCarron and Mary Murphy is:

413 i. Robin McCarron, Adopted child.

141. Peter Daniel McCarron (Margret McGuigan, Patrick, John "Jock") was born 13 March 1913 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died October 1963 (Source: Headstone, F160.). He married Isabel J. Bears, daughter of Thomas Bears and Mary MacKinnon.

Children of Peter McCarron and Isabel Bears are:

414 i. Gwen McCarron. She married Eric MacDonald.
415 ii. Donald McCarron, born 1944. He married Linda Lou Jamieson 30 June 1972.
416 iii. Gary Vincent McCarron, born 1947. He married Florence MacDonald 29 April 1967.
417 iv. Ethel McCarron, born 1953; died 1953.

142. Mary Ethel McCarron (Margret McGuigan, Patrick, John "Jock") was born 04 November 1914 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 1952. She married (1) John Garnhum. She married (2) Melvin Hynes.

Children of Mary McCarron and John Garnhum are:

418 i. Eustachius McCarron, born 1931. He married Elizabeth Thompson 26 December 1948.
419 ii. Noah Garnhum.
420 iii. John Garnhum.
421 iv. James Ira Garnham, born 09 June 1936; died 07 March 1989. He married Edith Edwina Farrell 22 July 1959.

Child of Mary McCarron and Melvin Hynes is:

422 i. Bernard Hynes.

150. Grace Hughes (James, Bridget McGuigan, John "Jock") was born 1914. She married Bernard "Barney" McGuigan, son of Bernard McGuigan and Rose McGee.
Note: Gracie says that every McGuigan on the Island is related because there were three brothers who came over together and they each settled in separate parts of the Island.

Children of Grace Hughes and Bernard McGuigan are:

423 i. James Harold "Harry" McGuigan, born 1939 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
424 ii. Elizabeth Bernice McGuigan, born 01 December 1945; died 06 February 1946.
425 iii. Bernadine McGuigan, born 1947. She married David McGregor.
426 iv. Eleanor McGuigan, born 1948. She married Paul Gautier.
427 v. Catherine Gailene McGuigan, born 1950. She married Ronald Smith.
428 vi. Leonard Gerard McGuigan, born 1951. He married Brenda Bernard 30 October 1976.
429 vii. Judy McGuigan, born 1953.
430 viii. Frances McGuigan, born 1954. She married Charles Dougan 05 November 1988.
431 ix. Allan McGuigan, born 1956. He married Charmaine Mitchell.

166. Margaret Mary "Maggie" McCarron (Ellen Hughes, Bridget McGuigan, John "Jock") was born 26 December 1893 in Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.23.), and died 10 September 1988 in St. Mary's Road, Prince Edward Island. She married Patrick McCarron 14 October 1913 in Sturgeon (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.150.), son of Michael McCarron and Margaret McInnis.

Children of Margaret McCarron and Patrick McCarron are:

432 i. Mary "Mamie" McCarron, born 29 January 1915 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 30 April 1994 in St. Mary's Road. She married James S. O'Connor.
433 ii. Margaret Tina McCarron, born 1915 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Joseph Madore.
434 iii. Ellen McCarron, born 1918 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
435 iv. Mary Catherine McCarron, born 1919 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Bernardo Raso.
436 v. Helen Mae McCarron, born 01 March 1921 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 13 March 1990. She married William "Bill" Cohoon.
437 vi. Bernadette McCarron, born 1923 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Gordon Ramsay Orr Hamilton.
438 vii. Michael Joseph McCarron, born 1924 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
439 viii. Anna Pauline McCarron, born 1926 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Neil Campbell.
440 ix. Patrick John McCarron, born 15 August 1929 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died August 1988. He married Mary Wood.
441 x. Percy Joseph McCarron, born 1932 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
442 xi. Michael Joseph McCarron, born 1933 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Natalie MacKinnon.

168. Bridget Bernadette "Nettie" McCarron (Ellen Hughes, Bridget McGuigan, John "Jock") was born 28 November 1897 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.47.). She married Hines Monsee.

Children of Bridget McCarron and Hines Monsee are:

443 i. Helen Monsee. She married Edward England.
444 ii. Richard Monsee.
445 iii. James Monsee.

172. Mary M. Hughes (Thomas M., Bridget McGuigan, John "Jock"). She married Patrick Clinton.

Children of Mary Hughes and Patrick Clinton are:

446 i. Edward Clinton, born 11 April 1898 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.49.).
447 ii. Percy Clinton, born 28 July 1899 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.58.).
448 iii. Alphonsus Clinton.
449 iv. Margaret Clinton.

183. Margaret Loretta "Lottie" Walsh (Margaret Catherine McGuigan, Bernard, John "Jock") was born 15 March 1913, and died 1976. She married William M. Daley, son of William Daley and Margaret Mahar.

Children of Margaret Walsh and William Daley are:

450 i. Josephine Daley.
451 ii. Anistasia Daley.

184. Mildred Ann McGuigan (James C., Bernard, John "Jock") was born 1921 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married James Joseph McGee, son of Joseph McGee and Margaret McCarron.

Children of Mildred McGuigan and James McGee are:

452 i. James McGee, born Abt 1949.
453 ii. Clifford Wayne Joseph McGee, born 1943 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Winnifred McGuigan 1964.
454 iii. Inez Elizabeth McGee, born 1946 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
455 iv. John Benedict McGee, born 1948 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
456 v. Raymond Cecil McGee, born 1949 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Dorothy Condon.
457 vi. Mary Martha Joyce McGee, born 1950 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
458 vii. Claire Elaine McGee, born 1951 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
459 viii. George Sylvester McGee, born 1952 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
460 ix. Beatrice Pauline McGee, born 1954 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
461 x. Leo Fennelly McGee, born 1955 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
462 xi. Evelyn Ann McGee, born 1957 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
463 xii. Douglas Anthony McGee, born 1958 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
464 xiii. Margaret Lorraine McGee, born 1960 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
465 xiv. Theresa Darlene McGee, born 1961 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
466 xv. Louis Patrick McGee, born 1962 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
467 xvi. Daniel William McGee, born 1964 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
468 xvii. Dianne Patricia McGee, born 1966 (Source: St. Paul's Register).

185. James Theodore McGuigan (James C., Bernard, John "Jock") was born 1924 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Mary Cecelia McCarron, daughter of James McCarron and Cecelia Steele.

Children of James McGuigan and Mary McCarron are:

469 i. Donna Marie McGuigan, born 1950 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
470 ii. Virginia Ann McGuigan, born 1952 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
471 iii. Gary Joseph Theodore McGuigan, born 1953 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
472 iv. Kevin Fennelly McGuigan, born 1955 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
473 v. Pauline Cecelia McGuigan, born 1958 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
474 vi. Ronald Michael George McGuigan, born 1959 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
475 vii. Bernadette Theresa McGuigan, born 1960 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
476 viii. James Rupert McGuigan, born 1962 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
477 ix. Robert Patrick McGuigan, born 1964 (Source: St. Paul's Register).

189. George Cornelius McGuigan (James C., Bernard, John "Jock") was born 1931 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Katherine MacDougall, daughter of Hugh MacDougall and Catherine McGuigan.

Children of George McGuigan and Katherine MacDougall are:

478 i. Wayne McGuigan.
479 ii. Karen McGuigan.
480 iii. Timothy McGuigan.
481 iv. Hubert McGuigan.
482 v. Darlene McGuigan.

199. Rosella McGuigan (John Edward, John, John "Jock") was born 10 March 1924 (Source: St. Paul's Register), and died 25 December 1991. She married John Michael McCarthy, son of David McCarthy and Bridget McCarron.

Children of Rosella McGuigan and John McCarthy are:

483 i. Marie Elizabeth McCarthy, born 1949 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Herbert Brent McGuigan.
484 ii. Frederick James McCarthy, born 1950 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Linda Thompson.
485 iii. Vincent David McCarthy, born 1951 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Sandra Jean MacPherson 20 August 1976.
486 iv. Verna Rose McCarthy, born 1952 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Urban Chaisson.
487 v. Catherine Bridget Joyce McCarthy, born 1954 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Joseph Chaisson.
488 vi. Austin John McCarthy, born 1957 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Marlin O'Connor.
489 vii. Doreen Agnes McCarthy, born 1959 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Kenneth White.
490 viii. Judy Ann Virginia McCarthy, born 1961 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Freeman Campbell.
491 ix. Daniel Charles McCarthy, born 1965 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Kim Sanderson.

201. Peter McGuigan (John Edward, John, John "Jock") was born 1930 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Theresa Mae McGuigan, daughter of Phillip McGuigan and Mary McKearney.

Children of Peter McGuigan and Theresa McGuigan are:

492 i. Allan McGuigan.
493 ii. Cathy McGuigan.
494 iii. Keith McGuigan.
495 iv. Ray McGuigan.
496 v. Rita Mae McGuigan, born 1953 (Source: St. Paul's Register).
497 vi. Glen Patrick McGuigan, born 25 September 1955; died 14 October 1987 in Montague. He married Leona Bertha O'Holloran.

202. Margaret McGuigan (Joseph, John, John "Jock"). She married Philip Chaisson.

Children of Margaret McGuigan and Philip Chaisson are:

498 i. Maureen Chaisson.
499 ii. Joan Chaisson.
500 iii. Annette Chaisson.
501 iv. Michael Chaisson.
502 v. Allen Chaisson.

206. James Louis McGuigan (Charles, John, John "Jock") died 23 April 1985 (Source: Obituary, May 12 1985, Guardian, p. 28.). He married Rena Storey.

Notes
Resided, Oceanview.

Children of James McGuigan and Rena Storey are:

503 i. Kenneth McGuigan.
504 ii. George McGuigan.

211. Clara McGuigan (Charles, John, John "Jock") was born 10 August 1920, and died 18 February 1983. She married Harold Joseph McGuigan 11 June 1942 in St. Mary's Cathedral, Halifax, N.S., son of Edward McGuigan and Mary McCarron.

Children of Clara McGuigan and Harold McGuigan are:

505 i. Shirley Mary Margaret McGuigan, born 1944. She married Michael Dougherty 30 November 1963.
506 ii. Glen Joseph McGuigan, born 19 March 1945; died 02 December 1986. He married Connie Beaton.
507 iii. Wayne Charles McGuigan, born 1948. He married LaVerne MacKenzie 11 September 1971.
508 iv. Edward Blair McGuigan, born 1949.
509 v. Keith Harold McGuigan, born 1952. He married Noreen O'Brien 17 December 1993.
510 vi. Slyvia Ann McGuigan, born 1956. She married Charles Knox 08 August 1981.

Please remember that this is a work in progress and I would love to hear from anyone with further information or corrections. There are several families that have turned out to be brick walls. Many other families from this area are connected through marriages and you may access those files by going to my main page.

Return to main page Return to Island Register

Posted: 3 Mar 2007 4:19AM GMT
Surnames: Hughes ,McGuigan
I don't know if this may help or confuse you more :) Barb

Phillip McGuigan (Bernard, James, John "Jock") was born 06 May 1895 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.30.), and died 23 January 1990. He married Mary "Mae" McKearney 11 September 1910 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.30.), daughter of James McKearney and Clementine Hughes.

Notes

Children of Phillip McGuigan and Mary McKearney are:

238 i. Elizabeth "Lizzie" McGuigan, born 15 December 1920 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 13 July 1960 in St. Mary's Rd.. She married Herbert McGuigan.
239 ii. Gertrude McGuigan, born 1922 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Thomas J. Murphy 13 August 1945.
240 iii. Aeneas Philip "Little Aeneas" McGuigan, born 04 October 1923 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 1996. He married Violet Jamieson.
241 iv. James Reginald "Reggie" McGuigan, born 1927 (Source: St. Paul's Register), died 17 July, 2000. He married Althea MacLeod.
242 v. Clementine McGuigan, born 1929 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Hudson Sheehan.
243 vi. Theresa Mae McGuigan, born 1933 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Peter McGuigan.
244 vii. Barbara Rose McGuigan, born 1937 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married George Casey.
245 viii. Howlan Philip McGuigan, born 27 October 1939 (Source: St. Paul's Register); died 26 September 1987. He married Gertrude Daley.
246 ix. Catherine Coleen McGuigan, born 1941 (Source: St. Paul's Register). She married Arling O'Holloran.
247 x. Preston Lawrence McGuigan, born 1943 (Source: St. Paul's Register). He married Greta Elaine Madeline Gormley 10 October 1964.

83. Catherine McGuigan (Bernard, James, John "Jock") was born 03 May 1897 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.43.), and died 28 February 1979. She married Hugh A. MacDougall 31 August 1921 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.43.).

Children of Catherine McGuigan and Hugh MacDougall are:

248 i. Katherine MacDougall, Adopted child. She married George Cornelius McGuigan.
249 ii. Jackie H. MacDougall, born 17 January 1931; died 16 May 1933.

84. James S. "Big Jim" McGuigan (Bernard, James, John "Jock") was born 03 September 1899 in St. Mary's Road (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.59.), and died 16 December 1983 in Lennox

Posted: 3 Mar 2007 4:54AM GMT
Surnames: McKearney/Hughes/McGuigan
. It would appear that James was the son of the first entry here according to dates. Later down read James William the son and his family. I hope this is the right family by dates and names it seems to match your info.There is other families in this article before and after that I didn't send If you want them let me know. Let me know :) Like most older families generations have the same names it makes it hard to find the right one sometimes however by dates this fits .Barb

James McKearney b. ___ 1852, PEI., Occupation: Farmer., m. Catherine Hughes, b. ___ 1857, PEI., Other: Resided, St. Mary's Road, Lot 61, PEI. James Other: Resided, St. Mary's Road, Lot 61, PEI.

Children:

13. i Catherine McKearney b. Oct 17 1874.

14. ii James William McKearney b. ___ 1877.

15. iii Sophia Josephina McKearney b. May 07 1879.

16. iv Mary McKearney b. Nov 04 1886.

v Lavina McKearney b. ___ 1889, PEI.

vi Raymond McKearney b. ___ 1894, d. Feb 15 1894, Buried: St. Pauls Cemetery, Sturgeon, PEI., Other: Lived 3 weeks.

vii Gertrude McKearney b. Jul 07 1899, Baptized: Jul 15 1899, St. Paul's, Sturgeon, PEI., d. Aug 1899. "On the 15th of July 1899 I baptized Gertrude born on the 7th instant of the legitimate marriage of James McKearney and Catharine Hughes sprs. Peter McCarron and Mary Hughes." - William Phelan. There is a notation on the entry saying the child died Aug 1899.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
James William McKearney b. ___ 1877, PEI., Occupation: Farmer., m. Sep 28 1897, in St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon, PEI., Clementina CLEMMIE Hughes, b. ___ 1875, (daughter of John Hughes and Mary Hughes) d. Dec 18 1914, Buried: St. Pauls Cemetery, Sturgeon, PEI. James Other: Resided, Lot 61, PEI. "On the 28th day of Sept 1897 one publication of the bans having been made and two having been dispensed with between James McCerney of the one part, and Clementine Hughes of the other part, both of this parish, and no impediments having been discovered, I received their mutual consent to marriage and gave them their nuptial benediction, in the presence of William Condon and Flora Hughes" - William Phelan

Children:

i Archibald McKearney b. Mar 12 1898, Baptized: Mar 20 1898, St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon, PEI., Other: Resided, P.E.I./Attleboro/Rehoboth, Mass. "On Mar 20th 1898, I baptised Archibald, born on the 12th inst. of the lawful marriage of James McKearney and Clemmie Hughes - sponsors James McKearney and Rose Hughes." - P. D. McGuigan. Gary McKearney reports Archibald was the first in the family to go to Mass., settling at first in Attleboro. His siblings, all but Mary followed soon after. Mary is reported to have been killed on P.E.I. by lightening, while working on a hay field.

ii Mary McKearney b. May 10 1901, Baptized: May 17 1901, St. Paul's, Sturgeon, PEI., m. Philip McGuigan. Mary died Hayfield by lightening on P.E.I.

iii Katherine McKearney b. Jul 07 1903, Baptized: Jul 12 1903, St. Paul's, Sturgeon, PEI., m. Mr. Gormley???. Katherine Other: Resided, North Attleboro, Mass.

iv James Leo McKearney b. Oct 15 1905, Baptized: Oct 19 1905, St. Paul's, Sturgeon, PEI., m. Gladys Johnson, b. ___ 1905, Pawtucket, R.I., d. ___ 1997, Other: Resided, Mass. James died ___ 1985, Buried: Steven's Corner Cemetery, Rehoboth, Mass, Other: Resided, Mass. Gary McKearney, gmckearn@mindspring.com reports that Leo was one of several brothers who imigrated to Southeastern Mass. from P.E.I.

v Matthias McKearney b. Feb 03 1908, Baptized: Feb 08 1908, St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon, PEI.

vi Patrick McKearney b. Mar 17 1910, Baptized: Apr 03 1910, St. Paul's, Sturgeon, PEI.

vii Son McKearney (details excluded).

15. Sophia Josephina McKearney b. May 07 1879, PEI., Baptized: May 25 1879, St. Paul's, Sturgeon, PEI., m. James Clinton. "B15 - On the 25th of May 1879 I baptized Josephina born on the 7th May last of the legitimate Marriage of James McCerney and Catharine McCerney. Sprs. Joseph Fisher and Brigdet McCarron." - William Phelan.

Children:

i Lawrence Clinton b. Mar 29 1898, Baptized: Jun 04 1898, St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon, PEI., m. Sep 15 1819, in Charlottetown, PEI., Margaret McGillivray. "On June 4th 1898 I baptized Lawrence born on 29th ult. of the lawful marriage of James Clinton and Salina (Sophia) McKearney, sprs. Patrick Clinton and Mary M. Hughes." - P. D. McGuigan. Written across, as was the practice, is Lawrence's later marriage - "Married in Charlottetown Sept 15 1819 to Margaret McGillivray." - Rev. MacDonald.

ii Anna Clinton b. Aug 05 1899, Baptized: Aug 18 1899, St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon, PEI. "On the 18th of August 1899 I baptize Anna, born on the 5th instant of the legitimato marriage of James Clinton and Josephine McCerney, sponsors Bernard McGuggan and Mary McCerney." - William Phelan.

16. Mary McKearney b. Nov 04 1886, PEI., Baptized: Dec 24 1886, St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon, PEI., m. James McGee

Posted: 8 Mar 2007 12:46AM GMT
Thanks for all the great information. It will take me a while to read it all through. After a quick scan through I did not find the Mary McGuigan I was looking for, but I could have missed it. Thanks again.

Posted: 8 Mar 2007 4:21AM GMT

Debbi I'm Fairly sure by names and dates this is the family you are looking for??? If not forgive me for resending this info :) John and Mary Hughes were Clementines parents.I guess it doesn't go into info on Mary though , I'll keep digging. Please don't hesitate to ask me to help find more if you don't see what you are looking for in my emails, thanks,Barbara

. It would appear that James was the son of the first entry here according to dates. Later down read James William the son and his family. I hope this is the right family by dates and names it seems to match your info.There is other families in this article before and after that I didn't send If you want them let me know. Let me know :) Like most older families generations have the same names it makes it hard to find the right one sometimes however by dates this fits .Barb

James McKearney b. ___ 1852, PEI., Occupation: Farmer., m. Catherine Hughes, b. ___ 1857, PEI., Other: Resided, St. Mary's Road, Lot 61, PEI. James Other: Resided, St. Mary's Road, Lot 61, PEI.

Children:

13. i Catherine McKearney b. Oct 17 1874.

14. ii James William McKearney b. ___ 1877.

15. iii Sophia Josephina McKearney b. May 07 1879.

16. iv Mary McKearney b. Nov 04 1886.

v Lavina McKearney b. ___ 1889, PEI.

vi Raymond McKearney b. ___ 1894, d. Feb 15 1894, Buried: St. Pauls Cemetery, Sturgeon, PEI., Other: Lived 3 weeks.

vii Gertrude McKearney b. Jul 07 1899, Baptized: Jul 15 1899, St. Paul's, Sturgeon, PEI., d. Aug 1899. "On the 15th of July 1899 I baptized Gertrude born on the 7th instant of the legitimate marriage of James McKearney and Catharine Hughes sprs. Peter McCarron and Mary Hughes." - William Phelan. There is a notation on the entry saying the child died Aug 1899.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
James William McKearney b. ___ 1877, PEI., Occupation: Farmer., m. Sep 28 1897, in St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon, PEI., Clementina CLEMMIE Hughes, b. ___ 1875, (daughter of John Hughes and Mary Hughes) d. Dec 18 1914, Buried: St. Pauls Cemetery, Sturgeon, PEI. James Other: Resided, Lot 61, PEI. "On the 28th day of Sept 1897 one publication of the bans having been made and two having been dispensed with between James McCerney of the one part, and Clementine Hughes of the other part, both of this parish, and no impediments having been discovered, I received their mutual consent to marriage and gave them their nuptial benediction, in the presence of William Condon and Flora Hughes" - William Phelan

Children:

i Archibald McKearney b. Mar 12 1898, Baptized: Mar 20 1898, St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon, PEI., Other: Resided, P.E.I./Attleboro/Rehoboth, Mass. "On Mar 20th 1898, I baptised Archibald, born on the 12th inst. of the lawful marriage of James McKearney and Clemmie Hughes - sponsors James McKearney and Rose Hughes." - P. D. McGuigan. Gary McKearney reports Archibald was the first in the family to go to Mass., settling at first in Attleboro. His siblings, all but Mary followed soon after. Mary is reported to have been killed on P.E.I. by lightening, while working on a hay field.

ii Mary McKearney b. May 10 1901, Baptized: May 17 1901, St. Paul's, Sturgeon, PEI., m. Philip McGuigan. Mary died Hayfield by lightening on P.E.I.

iii Katherine McKearney b. Jul 07 1903, Baptized: Jul 12 1903, St. Paul's, Sturgeon, PEI., m. Mr. Gormley???. Katherine Other: Resided, North Attleboro, Mass.

iv James Leo McKearney b. Oct 15 1905, Baptized: Oct 19 1905, St. Paul's, Sturgeon, PEI., m. Gladys Johnson, b. ___ 1905, Pawtucket, R.I., d. ___ 1997, Other: Resided, Mass. James died ___ 1985, Buried: Steven's Corner Cemetery, Rehoboth, Mass, Other: Resided, Mass. Gary McKearney, gmckearn@mindspring.com reports that Leo was one of several brothers who imigrated to Southeastern Mass. from P.E.I.

v Matthias McKearney b. Feb 03 1908, Baptized: Feb 08 1908, St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon, PEI.

vi Patrick McKearney b. Mar 17 1910, Baptized: Apr 03 1910, St. Paul's, Sturgeon, PEI.

vii Son McKearney (details excluded).

15. Sophia Josephina McKearney b. May 07 1879, PEI., Baptized: May 25 1879, St. Paul's, Sturgeon, PEI., m. James Clinton. "B15 - On the 25th of May 1879 I baptized Josephina born on the 7th May last of the legitimate Marriage of James McCerney and Catharine McCerney. Sprs. Joseph Fisher and Brigdet McCarron." - William Phelan.

Children:

i Lawrence Clinton b. Mar 29 1898, Baptized: Jun 04 1898, St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon, PEI., m. Sep 15 1819, in Charlottetown, PEI., Margaret McGillivray. "On June 4th 1898 I baptized Lawrence born on 29th ult. of the lawful marriage of James Clinton and Salina (Sophia) McKearney, sprs. Patrick Clinton and Mary M. Hughes." - P. D. McGuigan. Written across, as was the practice, is Lawrence's later marriage - "Married in Charlottetown Sept 15 1819 to Margaret McGillivray." - Rev. MacDonald.

ii Anna Clinton b. Aug 05 1899, Baptized: Aug 18 1899, St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon, PEI. "On the 18th of August 1899 I baptize Anna, born on the 5th instant of the legitimato marriage of James Clinton and Josephine McCerney, sponsors Bernard McGuggan and Mary McCerney." - William Phelan.

16. Mary McKearney b. Nov 04 1886, PEI., Baptized: Dec 24 1886, St. Paul's Church, Sturgeon, PEI., m. James McGee

Phillip McGuigan (Bernard, James, John "Jock") was born 06 May 1895 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.30.), and died 23 January 1990. He married Mary "Mae" McKearney 11 September 1910 (Source: Sturgeon, St. Paul's Register, Acc.3271/23-24, p.30.), daughter of James McKearney and Clementine Hughes.

Posted: 8 Mar 2007 5:01PM GMT
Hi Barb
This info is indeed the correct family in that Clemmie Hughes was my great-grandmother. What I can't seem to find is Clemmie's mother, Mary's parents. I am almost afraid that the info I was given that she was a McGuigan is incorrect for I can find listings for Mary McGuigan, but she was not married to John M. Hughes. Thanks so much for your help. I am planning a trip to PEI this summer, so maybe I can find out something there. Thanks again, Deb

Posted: 26 Oct 2013 11:56PM GMT
Surnames: McGuigan
Hi Deb how did your trip to PEI go? Did you discover Clemmie's mother Mary? I have death certificate for my grandmother McGuigan was misspelled at least three times... It said her husband Ned who shows as Edmond and Edward as well in history took her body back to St.Mary's Rd and can't find about where that is as it is where lot 61 was... He was said to have remarried and drowned later... No record of his marriage or death.If you found anything new please let me know. I have a face book for this group but it is inactive.thanks, Barb
per page

Find a board about a specific topic