Search for content in message boards

Sheehans from Buttevant, Co.Cork

Sheehans from Buttevant, Co.Cork

Posted: 8 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Apr 2003 8:11PM GMT
Surnames: Sheehan
Daniel and Bridget Sheehan left Ireland in 1849 and settled in the greater Worcester, Massachusetts area. They had nine children:Catherine, John, James, Francis, Thomas, Margaret, Mary, Michael, Johannah. They came from a town in Cork called Buttevant. Looking for descendants of this family on both sides of "the pond".

Thanks,
Walter Sheehan
shehou@aol.com

Re: Sheehans from Buttevant, Co.Cork

Peggy Hayes LaBoudiere (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2002 12:13AM GMT
Dear Walter:
My grandmother, Margaret Sheehan, married Jeremiah Hayes, an Irish football star from Killorglin, Co. Kerry and had three children in Ireland: Daniel (my father), Annamarie, and Eileen. Margaret Sheehan was known as the Yank in Ireland so we suspect she was born in U.S. Also she had sister, Catherine who lived in NYC where my father and aunt Marie emigrated to in 1926. Do you know if the children were born in Ireland or U.S.? Any more details will be appreciated.
(Would be so ironic that she might have been from Worcester originally since I spent most of my summers as a kid in Webster, North Groverndale, Conn. and Worcester and have
so many friends back there.) Please feel free to write directly to me at Plaboudier@aol.com. Thanks, Peggy

Peggy Hayes LaBoudiere (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2002 12:20AM GMT
Dear Walter:
My grandmother, Margaret Sheehan, married Jeremiah Hayes, an Irish football star from Killorglin, Co. Kerry and had three children in Ireland: Daniel (my father), Annamarie, and Eileen. Margaret Sheehan was known as the Yank in Ireland so we suspect she was born in U.S. Also she had sister, Catherine who lived in NYC where my father and aunt Marie emigrated to in 1926. Do you know if the children were born in Ireland or U.S.? Any more details will be appreciated.
(Would be so ironic that she might have been from Worcester originally since I spent most of my summers as a kid in Webster, North Groverndale, Conn. and Worcester and have
so many friends back there.) Please feel free to write directly to me at Plaboudier@aol.com. Thanks, Peggy

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 8:22PM GMT
researching famiy tree- my ancestor thomas flynn from cork married mary sheehan whose parents were daniel and bridget sheehan , wonder if same family/they lived in northbridge mass second half 1800s

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 8:37PM GMT

Yes, if you are a descendant of Thomas and Mary Sheehan, who lived in Northbridge MA, then there is a strong possibility that there is a link between our two families. Do you live in this part of New England?

Regards,

Walter

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 1:23PM GMT
I live in Rhode Island. I was born in Pawtucket RI about 30 mi from Northbridge Mass. Have seen grave of Mary Sheehan whose was married to Thomas Flynn. Marys father Daniel Sheehan born 1790 is listed in family home in Northbridge as father in law. Seems like same line. Where abouts are you from?

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 12:59AM GMT

Yes, I am a descendant of the Daniel Sheehan referenced in your posting. Daniel and Bridget Sheehan lived in the small town of Buttevant, which is located halfway between Cork and Limerick.
You mentioned a family home in Northbridge where Daniel is listed as the father-in-law of Thomas Flynn. Does this home go back to the time when Thomas and Mary (and perhaps Daniel) lived?
I was born in Saint Albans Vermont and was raised in Stamford, CT. However, for the past 40 years I have lived just outside of Washington, DC.
Do you know a woman named Marylou Carmichel? I corresponded with her a number of years ago. I believe that she too was a descendant of Thomas Flynn and resided in Rhode Island.

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 6:11PM GMT
Surnames: /sheehan
yes, Marylou Carmichael is my 1st cousin, she has worked on geneology for a while. glad to know you and keep in touch. susan noonan

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 11:01PM GMT
more details regarding sheehan. My great great grandfather thomas flynn married mary sheehan. Her father was daniel sheehan who lived with them in his old age according to the federal census.

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 10:10PM GMT

The Daniel Sheehan that you reference in your e-mail is indeed the same Daniel Sheehan who is my ancestor. He was born in County Cork, Ireland in approximately 1790 and immigrated to the United States with his wife Bridget and 10 children, Mary being one of the 10.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions