Search for content in message boards

Brady

Posted: 2 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Sep 2001 11:26AM GMT
Surnames: BRADY, FREEMAN
I am looking for information on Francis Brady born 1830 Enniskillen Co Fermanagh, died 1 Feb 1919 Kensington London. Spouse : Louisa FREEMAN. Also any information on his father Michael BRADY - no details known, only his name. If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated.
Posted: 30 Oct 2005 11:30AM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2005 10:54PM GMT
Have you managed to find out any more details as yet?

I have a Margaret Brady b. about 1844 possibly in Fermanagh, as all her children were born at Enniskillen, Fermanagh. She married a Patrick Gordon there about 1863.

Your post interested me because she named one of her sons Francis, and although I don't know for sure, I thought it your Francis could be connected somehow, as her brother or cousin perhaps!

Here's hoping!

Jacky
Posted: 28 Jul 2007 2:46PM GMT
Surnames: Brady Gordon
Hi Jacky

My ggrandfather was a Patrick Gordon, wife unknown, her name could of been Brady but I don't know. He was most likely born in co Fermanagh as he had a son named Hugh Gordon b 1867 who was born in co Fermanagh. This would tie in with your dates. Do any of these names mean anything to you.

regards Myra
Posted: 29 Jul 2007 12:38AM GMT
Hello Myra,

I have not found Hugh Gordon in my research, but I have found out quite a bit about my Gordon/Brady family since the post in 2005 so I will share that with you and see if it ities in with anything you have.

Firstly Patrick Gordon was the son of Owen Gordon and Rose Murray. They had two other sons I know of, John born about 1842 and Francis born about 1846. Because of the large age difference between Patrick and John, there must be more children. Rose and these three sons migrated to Scotland and died in Glasgow. I have not found Owen's death registration.

Margaret Brady was the daughter of John Brady and Margaret McNaught.

Now Patrick and his brothers had a lot of children between them, but not one of them is named Hugh, so it looks like it is not a family name for this branch of Gordon. One family name is Barty, Bartley or Bartholemew.

Jacky
Posted: 15 Dec 2012 8:21AM GMT
And after a few years, I have found a son Hugh born approximately 1861 to Patrick Gordon and Margaret Brady. He is the same as yours if he married Mary Rebecca Farrell and then Ellen Trainor.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic