Search for content in message boards

Wyatts in Missouri

Wyatts in Missouri

Posted: 25 Jun 2002 2:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jun 2006 7:42PM GMT
Looking for relatives of Silas Wyatt Jr. (1837-1889). His father was Silas Wyatt Sr. The younger Silas had a brother named William and a sister named Maggie. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Wyatts in Missouri

Posted: 14 Jul 2002 1:05AM GMT
Hi,
My great, great, great grandfather may have been raised by Silas. His name was John Crittenden Wyatt. His mother died young and Crittenden was raised by his uncle. His mother was Mary Gibson. I can give you names and dates I have found through another relative (Kabrick). Do you know if this is the same Silas? Do you know if he had any Native American Blood? (I was thinking Cherokee, Maybe?) I am trying to establish tribal membership and would really appriciate any help.
Thank You
Michele

Posted: 14 Jul 2002 1:08AM GMT
I should note that Mary Gibson would have been a sister and law. William Wyatt was also Crittenden's father and his father was also a William Wyatt.
Thanks
Michele

Posted: 14 Jul 2002 1:14AM GMT
I should note that Mary Gibson would have been a sister and law. William Wyatt was also Crittenden's father and his father was also a William Wyatt.
Thanks
Michele

Posted: 28 Aug 2002 12:14AM GMT
Edited: 25 Nov 2002 11:58PM GMT
I am descended from (John) Crittenden Wyatt as well. Am interested in any information you have found out about him as well. I visited his grave site in October of last year. paula

Michele Stiles (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2002 12:47AM GMT
Hi Paula,
I am a teacher and have been really busy since school started. Sorry It's taken me so long to respond. Crittenden Wyatt is my great, great, great grandfather. He married Winnyford Duncan Reeder in Aug of 1840 in Simpson county Kentucky. He was born in either Simpson county or Warren county Kentucky. He came to Mo in 1830 and then returned to Ky. He and Winny migrated to Mo in the Pink Hill area (Blue Springs or Indep.) in 1854. There were 10 children, Parnell King Wyatt, Lewis Wyatt, Narcissus Wyatt, Joseph M. Wyatt, Emery H. Wyatt, John Wyatt BD 1847, Columbus Wyatt born in 1852, Mary Ellen Mabry, Sarah Jane Kabrick (my great, great, grandmother) born3-22-1858, Belle Kabrick born 1860, Mamie Wyatt,
I have more if this is the right Wyatts. My grandparents are Sarah Jane Wyatt and William A. Kabrick, their son Parnell Henry Kabrick and Wife Bessie Flynn their daughter
Arrvie Rachael Kabrick and Walter Alton White, My father is next in the line
I have more info if you think this might be the right family. Hope it helps!
Michele

Posted: 4 Sep 2002 4:20AM GMT
Edited: 25 Nov 2002 11:58PM GMT
Yes, that is the right Wyatt. I am descended from Joseph Marion and Sarah Jane Gardner. My email is paula @lawbiz.com. Please contact me when your school schedule calms down. Thanks, Paula
per page

Find a board about a specific topic