Search for content in message boards

Swanson's in Macon County NC

Swanson's in Macon County NC

Barbara (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2006 10:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SWANSON, WILBANKS
Hi

I might be interested in this line. I connect to John Thaddeus Swanson from Town's County GA. He married a Macon County [Cartoogechaye) NC girl named Nannie Wilbanks.

Do you know who Leonard Sr's parents were? (I might have something in my records. I am at work right now and cannot access my genealogy files.)

Re: Swanson's in Macon County NC

Betty C. Andrews (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2006 4:51PM GMT
Barbara,
Leonard Swanson's parents were William Leo Swanson (1892-1927) and Leona Matilda McJunkin. Leo's parents were Alfred Swanson and Margaret from their Bible. I think Margaret was a Crowder fron on line sources. Alfred son of Burbon Daniel Swanson. Trying to prove that Burbin died 28 April 1865, Knox Co., TN Pension # WC97001 married 27 June 1845, Monroe Co., TN wife Louisa C. Taylor are parents of this Alfred. Any help will be appreciated.
Betty

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 12:25PM GMT
Hi Betty
Are you still active with the Swanson's lineage? I'm back into it. My stumbling block is Alfred's parents and grand parents. Be glad to hear from you again.

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 2:12PM GMT
Barbara,
I haven't done any more research on the Swanson family. I was helping a young man learn about his ancestors since I already knew about his McJunkin lineage. Anytime you find additional data I would like to add to what I already have. Betty

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 2:16PM GMT
Hi Betty
Wrong person. I'm Bob son of Lowin. We talked a few years ago after my mother and father passed away in Florida. I've just regained some interest to follow this thing thru. As mentioned my roadblock is my GG Grandfathers(Burbon) parents and grand parents.

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 2:54PM GMT
Bob, Sorry! don't know just why I had the wrong person. Yes, I remember you. I remember being at your father's house and the anvil from the McJunkin family there. He went with Kenneth and me to the McJunkin Cemetery so many years ago. Betty

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 2:57PM GMT
Good. Well if you find anything on Daniel Burbon Swansons'grandfather and great grandfather it would help.
thanks again, Bob S.

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 2:57PM GMT
Good. Well if you find anything on Daniel Burbon Swansons'grandfather and great grandfather it would help.
thanks again, Bob S.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic