Search for content in message boards

Puckett family of Tazwell County

Puckett family of Tazwell County

Posted: 21 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Dec 2001 5:50AM GMT
Surnames: Puckett
I am looking for anyone connected to:

Thomas Puckett (John, John, John, Daniel, Jacob, Jacob, Samuel) b. ca. 1850 VA, m. Cynthia b. ca. 1858 VA (r.263).

Children:

4990. Nora A. Puckett b. c. 1876 WV (r.308)
4991. Samuel Puckett b. c. 1877 WV (r.308).

Thomas' father died in 1862 during the Civil War. His mother moved the family from Franklin County, VA to Tazwell County and was there by the 1870 Census. By 1880 Susan had move the family to Ross County, Ohio. Thomas stayed in Virginia, married and had at least two children because he was in Tazwell in the 1880 census. Susan moved back to Tazwell since she applied for a widows pension through her husband in 1897. Anyone having information on this family please contact me at rbrown@bright.net

Puckett of Tazewell Co, VA

Posted: 1 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 1:21AM GMT
Surnames: PUCKETT-GILPIN
I am also researching the Pucketts of Tazewell Co, VA. Samuel Puckett married Elizabeth Gilpin in Surry Co, NC, 1837. They moved to Wythe Co, VA, and then to Tazewell Co, VA. Amy information would be most appreciated. E-mail me at VFi5600884@aol.com. Thanks, Vera Fisher

Re: Puckett family of Tazwell County

Posted: 9 Apr 2006 6:50PM GMT
My mother is Laura Belle Puckett She has a niece living in North Tazwell, Gladys Dalton and husband Claude. Mom grew up in Tip-top. Mom was born 10-20-24. Her dad was Reese Puckett, her Mom Alice Turley. Reese was born in Tazwell around 18 something. I think his dad was a John or William John Puckett. Mom had a half brother named Chris, and maybe one named Samuel.... I remember her speaking about someone named Nora. Some of her kin are Pauleys. Henry Pite Pauley. They had a son named Russell Pauley. Some of Moms people lived in Broadford Va. smyth co.

Dale Goodwin (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2006 2:28PM GMT
Surnames: GOODWIN, LAWSON, CAUDILL, CRABTREE, NEAL and FRENCH
Hi Sharon. I'm Dale Goodwin. I went to high school in Tazewell with your uncle Hugh. My Mother was Bessis Lee Lawson Goodwin. Her Mother was Amanda Biddie Caudill, who I believe was a first cousin to Reese Pucket. Amanda's Mother was Martha French.There is a ton of brick walls in that French line. Reese was county road superintendent of
Tazewell Co. I can remember him coming around once a year to grade the roads. I haven't lived in Tazewell CO since 1953, but still have a bunch of nieces and nephews still living there. I forwarded your post to Wanda Mudd, who has a lot of info about Reese Pucket. Dale Goodwin Salem OR

Sharon Ferguson (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2006 9:06PM GMT
Surnames: Puckett / Turley/ Steplhenson/ ...
Do or did you know an Ovella French? My mother used to work cleaning house for her and her family. I am not sure I spelled her name correct. Reese Puckett was my grandpa . He died before I was born and I never knew him or grandma Alice Turley Puckett.. It is my understanding, Grandma,died in 1957 the same year my brother (Buddy) was born. Did you ever hear of any of the other Puckett's?
Mom's sisters are, Martha Pauline Roberts(Puckett) and (catherine)Katherine Welloman(Terry) (Puckett) she had been married to a (Terry) once.

Dale Goodwin (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2006 11:41PM GMT
Sharon, I never knew an Ovella French. I do know a couple of funny amusing stories about your grandfather tho'. Contact me off list, and I'll send them to you. My e-mail addy is dale@feather.net Dale

Posted: 9 Jun 2006 4:18AM GMT
Surnames: Puckett
This is my part of Puckett family.My grandpa was Chris Puckett. Glady's & Claude are my aunt and uncle.My dad was Earlie Puckett. I just started doing this about a month ago.I also grew up at Tip Top .Is James and Katherine the parentsa of Reese ? I think I'm on the right trail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ,hope to hear from you soon. Dolores Puckett

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2006 6:45PM GMT
Surnames: puckett
That Chris Puckett was my Mother's half-brother. Mom died March26th this year. she was 81 and had a very ruff last year and a half. I live in Marion NC, now. I grew up in or around Saltville VA. What else can I tell you? Mom's Sister Katherine is still living in Ohio. cassiejazzy2000@yahoo.com

Dolores Puckett (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2006 4:01AM GMT
Sorry it took me so long to reply. I didn't know until I started this that my grandpa was not Rees and Nancy ,were not his full parents. Then some one replied to another posting and told me . When you are growing up you don't pay any attention to this stuff. Now, I am very interested. I grew up in and around Tip Top and Bluefield ,Va.I have lived in Texas since 1970.How far back have you gotten.?I just started in April.I have gotten back to James and Catherine, father of Rees.I will be glad to hear from you again. Dolores

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2006 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Puckett,Coe, Stevensons, Turleys...
Have you ever heard of Frank? He ws my uncle. My dad was Paskchal s Puckett. He had other brothers and sisters, Willey, Pauline, Pearl, Amand, Molly, Estelle, and Maude who died young. brothers,,, James(Jim), Harmon, and of couse Frank. I sort of gave up sorta, altho not entirely. I havn't paid to any sights, so I couldn't find much, But I may have to. I guess it's the only way to find out anything. I now live in Marion NC. I still visit VA often. Smyth county and Washington county. I haven't been to Tazewel in years.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic