Search for content in message boards

STEWART/RICE/MCCOY/FERGUSON

STEWART/RICE/MCCOY/FERGUSON

Posted: 31 Oct 2009 12:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: STEWART/RICE/MCCOY/FERGUSON
My husbands GGGGrandparents were Drury Rice &Abigal Stewart.
Their children were Fielding, Polly, Louisa Rice(McCoy)our
GGGrandmother,Rhoda McCoy Ferguson,Mary Rice & Hamilton Rice.Found these on census & Will of Abigal Stewart Rice.
Our Louisa Rice m. Andrew J. McCoy.

Hoping there might be researchers looking for info on the above surnames.

Thanks

Re: STEWART/RICE/MCCOY/FERGUSON

Posted: 21 Nov 2009 3:01PM GMT
I have a Louisa Rice but I have never discovered to whom she is married. My Louisa Rice is the daughter of William Robert Rice & Parilee ?. She is Louisa J. Rice born Jan. 1899. If this sounds right correspond at:
lgwilliams1947@gmail.com
Larry Williams

Posted: 21 Nov 2009 9:07PM GMT
Surnames: STEWART/RICE/MCCOY/FERGUSON/GONCE
Larry, thanks for replying, but our Louisa/Louiza Rice was born about 1819, so much too old.

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 5:21AM GMT
Surnames: Ferguson, Stewart, Rice
I read your posting at the following link:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.ala...

I have Ferguson, Rice, Stewart all from Jackson county, AL, at least the last two are. I am researching the first one.
Please respond.
Marilyn Webber

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 12:37PM GMT
Surnames: McCoy
Nelda: I have a passing interest in the McCoy family name. I am not related but am interested because of a possible Cherokee connection. Alexander McCoy was the last chief of the Cherokees at New Echota, GA. McCoy was 1/16 Cherokee so his family had intermarried for a few generations.

Any family lore about Andrew McCoy having NA blood? Possible name connection to Andrew Jackson?

Jerry T

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 12:52PM GMT
I found Andrew and Louisa in the 1870 census at Pleasant Grove, an area near Big Coon Creek there in Jackson County. I assume you have seen the record?

If not, you may be able to access this link.

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?rank=1&new=1&...

There were Cherokees and Cherokee Reservations (farms) in this area. But most were pushed out or left long before the 1870's.

Jerry T

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 2:17AM GMT
Surnames: MCCoy, Stewart/Rice
Andrew Jackson McCoy was my husbands GGGrandfather. He was m. to Louiza Rice. He fought in the Florida Indian War in 1837. He died abt 1892 & Louiza was destitute. She applied for a pension from the War. It discribed A.J. McCoy as being 5ft10in. It said he had black eyes, dark hair, & dark complexion, so sounds as if he may have had Indian blood. She was turned down, as A.J. went by several nick names and they couldn't decide if she was married to the correct McCoy who served in the Indian War. This pension form was sent to me by another McCoy researcher, & I researched the names on it untill I discovered he was my husbands ancestor.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions