Search for content in message boards

Meghoo family from India

Meghoo family from India

Posted: 2 Sep 2007 8:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Meghoo
My grandfather Meghoo came from India to Guyana about 1900. Then moved to Jamaica about 1918/1920. Name was Meghoo, we think they lived in the Berbice area and he had 5 children between about 1900 and 1915 - David (my father), his twin sister Amy, Virginia, Percival and Stanford.
Is anyone else researching this name ?

Re: Meghoo family from India

Posted: 4 Jun 2008 12:41AM GMT
My grandfather was Percival Meghoo. I had never met him as he passed away long before I was born. The only grandfather
surrogate I had was Uncle David Meghoo (his brother)

Posted: 5 Jun 2008 5:45PM GMT
Hello, 4dawsons1, good to hear from you
My name is David Alden and my wife is Rubie (born Meghoo). Her father was David Meghoo and mother was Hannah (born Mangaroo). Rubie has a number of brothers and sisters including a twin sister in New York - Vi . We live in South Florida - where are you ?
I have that Percival died aged 45, probably around 1950. David, who you refer to as your surrogate grandfather, died in 1964 at Waterloo Road in Kingston. Besides David and Percival there was also Amy (David's twin), Virginia (who married a William Reid) and Stanford. All we think were born in Guyana and came to Jamaica around 1920.
We have tried to research the Meghoo family with little success. We have 9 children for Percival, one we think would be your parent but Rubie has lost touch with all those 9 (except Lucille, called Mimim, who lives in Toronto). They are her 1st cousins
Do all this sound familiar ? Looking forward to hearing from you. Please respond to us at djalden@bellsouth.net
Best regards
David and Rubie Alden

Posted: 24 Mar 2010 8:53PM GMT
I know its been a while since this post, but I am just finding it in my research for meghoo. I am a meghoo, daughter of Harry Meghoo, his generation is the 1st born outside India. His siblings included Olive, Daffodil, Larry and Marshall. I think that was it. Any info or leads to speicific Indian origin/region would be appreciated.

Posted: 24 Mar 2010 11:17PM GMT
Hi - good to hear from you. My name is David Alden and my wife of 41 years is Rubie (nee Meghoo), twin sister of Vie, who lives in New York. We live in Florida.
Rubie's parents were Hannah (nee Mangaroo, born in Grange Hill, Westmoreland) and David Meghoo (born in Guyana) and all the grandparents (your great grandparents) came to Jamaica and Guyana from India, I think around 1900.
I believe Harry's father was Percival, a brother (or 1/2 brother) of David, so Harry and Rubie are 1st cousins and you are her 1st cousin, once removed.
I have tried to research the Meghoos and Mangaroos but it's a brickwall when it comes to Guyana and India.
Lets talk further on our private e-mails - mine is djalden@bellsouth.net
Looking forward to hearing from you
David and Rubie

Objet : Re: Meghoo family from India

Posted: 27 Mar 2010 12:48AM GMT
Hi, i'm thirouven meghoo. i'm mauritian and live in france. my family is in mauritius. my great grand parents came to mauritius from india but i don't know anything about them. i've only known my late grandfather ramlall meghoo. if you find something relating the meghoos in mauritius, contact me. thanks.

Posted: 23 May 2010 11:37PM GMT
Surnames: Meghoo
I am the daughter of harry and winifred meghoo (harry's first wife). Harry's brothers and sisters include the names you have listed, there are other brothers and sister too. Lucille, Ackton, Sissy (i can remember her given name)and Christine. As far as I know they were all born in Spanishtown. His mother, Martha, was born Chabia (sp?)in Cashmere India. I bleiver that Percy might have been born in Guyana. Aunte Lucille lives in Toronto Ca. and has a total of 8 children. Uncle Ackton has passed on her has children no idea how many. Aunt Sissy, I believe, only had 1 son. Aunt Christine has 3 children, Uncle Marshal, who's given name is Reeder, has 5/6 children. Aunte Olive has 2 girls, Aunt Daffodil I believe only has 1 child. Uncle Larry has 2 children.

Posted: 25 May 2010 3:03PM GMT
Can you please contact me at djalden@bellsouth.net. I do not want to post too many family details on this Public Forum
Thanks
D

Re: Meghoo family from India (or Guyana)

Posted: 30 Oct 2010 6:33PM GMT
Surnames: MEGHOO
Uncle Harry's siblings would be, Lucille,(mimmim) Lawrence (Larry),(Harry), Marshall (Reader), Olive, Florence (Sissy), Acton, Daffodil and Christine. Of the ones above, Lucille, Olive, Marshall, Daffodil and Christine are still alive. Sissy had a son and daughter, Alton and Virgina (Gina) Miller, in Jamaica and Daffodil has two children (Karen and Gary Edwards). Christine's three daughters are Lisa, Terri-Ann and Carey. Larry's two children from his first marriage (Steven and Sandra) as well as Brian from his second marriage, still reside in Jamaica.

Martha was born in Kashmir.

Re: Meghoo family from India (or Guyana)

Posted: 30 Oct 2010 8:16PM GMT
Thanks Carey
I think you met our daughter Christine at a family reunion in Jamaica about 3 years ago (at Brians house).
Please contact me at djalden@bellsouth.net
Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions