Search for content in message boards

DNA testing - Has any one done it for FISCHER -= Where Posted?

DNA testing - Has any one done it for FISCHER -= Where Posted?

Posted: 28 Feb 2010 12:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fischer
am curious if any one has tested on DNA for the surname FISCHER?
WOuld be interesting to see the numbers.

Thank you.

FISCHER of Pennsylvania, around Philadelphia, PA or
Mulhusen/Mulhausen.

Re: DNA testing - Has any one done it for FISCHER -= Where Posted?

Posted: 28 Feb 2010 1:04PM GMT
Surnames: Fischer, Fisher
Yes, I administrate a Fischer Project [non-English ancestor Fisher/Fischers]. This project has both Fisher and Fischer and other spellings.

This project welcomes Fischer's who have tested with any company. Please visit, we're open for visitors. Look at our Patriarch Page which members and some not testers have put up a simple pedigree of their male YDNA Line.
http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/fischer/

Feel free to e-mail me pfhamill at mac.com.

My Fischer/Fisher line immigrated to Philadelphia, PA in 1869 - 1870. They were in Berks Co., PA by 1876 and in Cambria Co. PA by 1883. The obituary of Barbara Fischer nee Fischer [b. 1836 Switzerland/Germany] in 1917 stated that she had a sister and brother surviving her in Philadelphia, PA. Would love to exchange information with you if my time period fit.

Take Care,
Pattie

Posted: 28 Feb 2010 1:33PM GMT
Surnames: Fischer, Coons, Hoffman,
My FISCHER or FISHER are
Louis FISCHER B: 1876 Philadelphia, PA.
he married Marie COONS B: 1875 Alsase Loraine, France.

his father was Lewis or Louis FISCHER/FISHER B: bet 1850/51 Mulhausen, Germany.
His wife was Mary K B: bet 1854-55 same place. Germany.
I have 3 children for Louis, Mary.
For Louis and Marie, they had Herman, Marie, Fred.
Marie married HOFFMAN.

They lived around the Willow Grove, PA area at one time.
Also in Philadelphia too.
Was curious about the DNA whether or not it would match to my FISCHER DNA numbers.
listed as H J FISCHER.

Thank you.

Patricia
If nothing else, it may help down the road. . . . . .

Posted: 28 Feb 2010 3:30PM GMT
Morning,
Would you like your Pedigree line posted on the Patriarch Page?
I am F-3, we don't match but as I mentioned before I have a Fischer married to a Fischer. It is her brother and sister living in Philadelphia in 1917. Her YDNA line is unknown to me.
Pattie

Posted: 28 Feb 2010 8:50PM GMT
Surnames: Fischer, Parson, Parsons, Evans, Petrie, Mills, Green
Yes, Patricia, that would be excellent. I did not see any one who match with the FISCHER DNA sample submiited as yet, but it might help someone out down the line.

I was sort of hoping that it might link my FISCHER to others of PA area, or if LUCKY, Europe.

And or the other children, I and my brother in law had not come across in our initial research back then.

I had the site, www.familytreedna.com do the FISCHER DNA test.

It is for my husband's other sons, too.

Maybe one day they or their offspring might wish to do their family tree, and will find that although, they are PARSON/PARSONS, by paper trail, they are
biologically FISCHER.

Thank you.

Patricia
cw
I have been having computer and power outages, not sure if I psoted where my data file is listed.

on www.rootsweb.ancestry.com under chekwriter.
my grandfather was George Washington MILLS B: 1857 Montgomery Co OH USA. - Grandmother was Grace E GREEN B: 1884 AR.

Then on the web site, www.gencircles.com is my FISCHER related data file, as MyFamily2005.

On that one, can also look up V E PETRIE - his son, Living PETIRE married Living FISCHER, dau of H. J. FISCHER and Living EVANS, of Melbourne, Brevard, Florida.

Again, thank you.

Patricia
cw

Posted: 6 Jul 2011 11:47PM GMT
Surnames: Fischer, Kocher, Martin
I posted my FISCHER descendant's markers on the web site, as well on www.ancestry.com.
So far there is only one match, but it is of another surname, that is not very close in time frame.
Distance of 9 for (MRCA).

Hopefully, one day, we may get a match as more folks decide to do testing.

Listed as Forest Patrick FISCHER.
There is not any close matches as yet.

There is only one match, 1 marker off on gene #DYS 19a
and it is at a distance of 9 MRCA.

name is Robert MARTIN KOCHER.

I thought I had posted it on www.familytreedna.com but it is posted on ancestry.

Patricia
cw

Posted: 12 Jul 2011 2:06PM GMT
Patricia,

Can you contact me off-line pfhamill@mac.com.

We have some confusion. I do have you posted on Fischer DNA Project at World Families but the information is incomplete. We have you as F-73.

Did you test at FTDNA?

Pattie

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 9:15PM GMT
Surnames: Fischer, Deutsch, Szollosi
Hi,
Yes, this particular Fischer has a DNA posting and family tree on ancestry.com. The line is Szollosi, Deutsch and
Fischer, all from Hungary. I don't know if this fits with anything you know of your family tree but you're welcome to see mine.

Regards,
Ed Fischer

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 9:29PM GMT
Hi there are Fisher surname projects at different companies. Familytreedna.com has a project. I suggest that you contact the administrator and ask if anyone has you lineage. You might need to send them your genealogy file, but ask first.

http://www.familytreedna.com/group-join.aspx?Group=Fisher

Join The "Fisher" Group Project
Group Information
Member Count

Project Website

www.familytreedna.com/public/fisher/
Email
http://www.familytreedna.com/group-join.aspx?Group=Fisher
from the page at the link above....
Nelda

Contact Group Administrator
Description

Our aim is to determine the genetic and genealogical origins of Fisher families whose medieval ancestors came from Britain (England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales) including descendants who later emigrated to the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa. Whether or not you have traced your family tree, join us and discover something about your origins, which documents can never reveal.
Requirements
A Surname Project traces members of a family that share a common surname. Since surnames are passed down from father to son like the Y-chromosome, this test is for males taking a Y-DNA test. Females do not carry their father's Y-DNA and acquire a new surname by way of marriage, so the tested individual must be a male that wants to check his direct paternal line (father's father's father's...) with a Y-DNA12, Y-DNA37, or Y-DNA67 marker test. Females who would like to check their direct paternal line can have a male relative with this surname order a Y-DNA test. Females can also order an mtDNA test for themselves such as the mtDNA or the mtDNAPlus test and participate in an mtDNA project.
Surnames In This Project

Fisher

hope that helps....

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 5:08PM GMT
Yes, I've arranged for the Y-DNA37 testing for two different Fischer male lines and they're posted on FamilyTree DNA. For my ancestor, Louis Fischer (1837-1875) from Bavaria and Dubuque, Iowa and for Johann (John) Fischer (1802-1889) born in Weidenthal, Bad Durkheim, Rheinland-Pfalz (Pfalz Bavaria) and died in Center Township, Dubuque County, Iowa. I'm still searching for the birthplace of Louis Fischer. There are several matches at the 12 loci but not yet for 37.

Please contact me if you'd like to know more.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions