Search for content in message boards

Allan McKinstrey Parentage

Allan McKinstrey Parentage

Posted: 1 Jun 2012 10:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jun 2012 10:59AM GMT
Surnames: McKinstrey, Muir, Murphy, Fotheringham, McIlroy, Coghill, Welsh
I am researching my family tree and have run into a brick wall. Allan was born in 1850 in Dalry, Ayrshire. He was married to Janet McIlroy and they had two sons, he then married mary murphy who had 3 daughters from her previous marriage to david muir , and together they had 3 children annie, winifred and david. His son William had daughters whose middle names i think were family names, Jane FOTHERINGHAM McKinstrey, Elizabeth McILROY/McELROY COGHILL McKinstrey and Margaret WELSH McKinstrey. Williams wife was Margaret Welsh so we are sure that the middle names are maiden names. William immigrated to australia on board the ship the Roscommon. They arrived at the port of Brisbane on the 27th August 1912.

Re: Allan McKinstrey Parentage

Posted: 13 Nov 2012 3:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Dawn
I am Dale Anderson and the great grandson of William and Margaret McKinstrey. My grandmother was Margaret Welsh (sometimes spelt Welsch) McKinstrey married name Biles.
My email adress is dale.anderson@jcu.edu.au. William and Margaret were tailors in Townsville and Rockhampton. My grandmother came to Australia from Glasgow when she was five. She died in 1966.

Please email me.
Dale

Please email
Dale
per page

Find a board about a specific topic