Search for content in message boards

William Woods (of Newcastle) married Janet Crosbie 1882

William Woods (of Newcastle) married Janet Crosbie 1882

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 4:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
I cannot track down William. Of the two William Woods in Newcastle, they each seemed to have stayed in NB while this William went to New Jersey. Even a likely candidate in Kent didn't fit.
I believe his whole name is William Howard Woods. Janet was born about 1866 so I think he may have been born about 1860.

Re: William Woods (of Newcastle) married Janet Crosbie 1882

Posted: 13 Nov 2012 9:46PM GMT
Hello

My first found is this one:
Date March 23 1892
County Northumberland
Place Chatham
Newspaper The World

d. Woodbury, N.J., March 11th, Mrs. William WOODS, second d/o William CROSBIE and Mary CROSBIE, age 26, left husband and three children.
The age of Jane is off but what's new!!

From there if he is the right one, familysearch has 2 births of W. H. Woods and Jennie Crosbie in Woodbury N.J.; One birth said father born "Edo" ?? and the other born U.S..

Then I found a William H. Woods birth in Kentucky 1852 son of William H. Woods and Sarah Lisle.

How does it look?

Ginette

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 4:07PM GMT
Lots of Woods in Napan area too.

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 7:53PM GMT
Thanks, Ginette.
Those records are correct, I believe BUT Janet's family has not been able to track William down. They were married in Miramichi but that is all we could find. If he was born in the US I wonder how likely it would be that he ended up in that part of Canada. I cannot imagine where "Edo" would be. Obviously, a spelling error.

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 7:56PM GMT
Thanks.
That would be a plausible area considering Crosbie, Steel and Gray connections but I can't pin down a William.

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 4:56PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Daniel F. Johnson : Volume 58 Number 234

Date September 8 1882
County Saint John
Place Saint John
Newspaper Daily News

The language of the text is the original used in the newspaper entry and as transcribed by Daniel F. Johnson. Records acquired by the Provincial Archives are not translated from the language in which they originate.

m. 1st inst., Newcastle (North. Co.) by Rev. Thomas Hicks, William WOODS / Miss Janet CROSBIE, Chatham (North. Co.)

http://archives.gnb.ca/Search/NewspaperVitalStats

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 12:58PM GMT
Thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic