Search for content in message boards

St. Stanislaus Records

St. Stanislaus Records

Posted: 11 Jul 2001 7:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MUSIALOWSKI, KOLASA, HOLKA, SPORMAN, SLEZAK
Does anyone know if any of the Baptism, Marriage or Death records from St. Stanislaus parish are available, either on-line or on microfilm at a library?

Same for St. Hyacinth's records. Roger

Re: St. Stanislaus Records

Jan (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2001 3:43PM GMT
No such luck. They are THE MOST DIFFICULT parishes to get info out of. St. Hyacinth's actually made me drive up from Chicago just to get my own baptismal record...wouldn't take a letter. I had to show them ID and sign a form in the secretary's presence.

Posted: 1 Sep 2002 11:09PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jan 2003 1:14AM GMT
Hi! Records from St. Stans are available at Mother Cabrini (which use to be St. Eds) in Shamokin. Hope this helps. Jen

Posted: 15 Mar 2007 5:26PM GMT
Surnames: Musialowski, Kubizak, Hoffman
I don't know about the records from St. Stanislaus. However, I have the birth/baptismal record from St. Stanislaus Kostka church in Chicago, IL for my gr gr grandmother Michalena Musialowski. She married Albert (George) Kubizak. The had children: Stephen, Casimir, Josephine, Frances and MaryAnn.

Posted: 19 Mar 2007 6:20PM GMT
I was told by someone who was looking up stuff for the earliest Catholic records in Bay County and she told me that the diocesan office holds the records now and they wouldn't--even after intervention by several priests and the priest-administrator--even consider letting her look at the files. St. Joe's records are in the church and you can see them 1 hour each week and they do the lookups. St. Stan's might be better seeing as they are one of the largest in Bay City. Good luck!! The cemetery office has been very helpful for me in their records and the cemetery readings and tombstone pictures are online at www.mifamilyhistory.org/bay/
Hope this helps.

Posted: 3 Jan 2009 4:28PM GMT
Please use rsl.genealogy@gmail.com to Reply to this Query.
Roger Laske

Posted: 3 Jan 2009 4:44PM GMT
Have you found the ancestral village for your MUSIALOWSKIs? Mine were from the parish of Kwieciszewo, Mogilno, Bydgoszcz.
Roger Laske

Use rsl.genealogy@gmail.com for Replies.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic