Search for content in message boards

WILLIAM THOMAS HICKS circa 1845

WILLIAM THOMAS HICKS circa 1845

William T. Hicks (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 1999 8:11PM GMT
I am looking for connections to my great grandfather William Thomas Hicks. He may have reversed his name from Thomas William Hicks. He immigrated from England around 1845 and settled in Wisconsin where he taught school and music. He married Lavina (Joliffe??)in Wisconsin. They had three sons and eight daughters.

My grandfather, John William Hicks went west to the Dakotas and was a fir trapper. He married a Souix indian, Minne Colomb, and this resulted in his being disowned by his family, or so I am told. I believe one of his brothers was named Samuel and may have died at a young age. I have always been told that I have no relatives with the surname of Hicks as all of the daughters married and changed their names. Any help??
Posted: 21 Jul 1999 8:58PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 3:42AM GMT
Near Pepin, wi. there is an area referred to as Hicks Valley which was settled by a family named Hicks..I could find more information, but i don't know it off hand. Try the genweb Wisconsin..pepin County.
Posted: 7 May 2000 8:06PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2001 4:42AM GMT
I have a Thomas P. Hicks married Nov.22,1855 to Lavinia Jolliffe at Elkhorn, Walworth Co., father Abel Hicks mother Catherine. Have other Hicks married to Jolliffes. Orig from Tremaine Parish, Cornwall, Eng. will wait for an answere

Re: WILLIAM THOMAS HICKS circa 1845

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 8:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am a granddaughter of John William and Minnie Colombe. Who are you, cousin? My father was their youngest child William Orville Hicks. You do have relatives named Hicks.

Re: WILLIAM THOMAS HICKS circa 1845

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 6:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hicks
There is a William Thomas Hicks b 1897 in Jericho Springs Missouri.....in my tree who married a Muriel Coopman in 1927. He was a chiropractor.... and lived in Gillett, Oconto Co., Wisconsin.....

.... his father was also William Thomas and married to a Mary Pearl Vaughn.... this William would have been born around 1856 in Pennsylvania....

There are lots of this branch still around too!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions