Search for content in message boards

Hodge/Hodges Family

Hodge/Hodges Family

Posted: 10 Nov 2001 3:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Feb 2002 2:48AM GMT
I have learned that our Hodge/Hodges family member, Charlotte Hodge/Hodges, was the daughter of William Hodges. William was born in 1810 in Ashe Co, NC, and died during the Civil War in Watauga Co, NC. His wife, Jane Judy Morris, moved with her children to Blount Co, Tenn, after that time. Charlotte married into the Lebow family in Blount Co, and their daughter Mary married into the Hicks lines of my husband. I have no knowledge of any of the Hodge/Hodges family after the period of 1876-1880 when Charlotte died--some may have migrated to SC, but if so I am unaware of it. Sorry--wish I could be more helpful.

Re: Hodge/Hodges Family

Posted: 11 Nov 2001 4:17AM GMT
Hello Mary, do you know who the wife, parents or siblings of your William Hodges b. 1810 were?

Linda

Posted: 12 Nov 2001 12:48PM GMT
Edited: 20 Nov 2003 4:27PM GMT
Surnames: Hodges
Does this William Hodges have a brother or a cousin by the name of Leroy H. Hodges? Peggy

Posted: 22 Nov 2004 3:15AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jan 2005 5:10PM GMT
I have from a good source that this Charlotte Hodges; d/o William Hodges an Jane Morris married Andrew Clavin McClain on Aug. 31, 1865. She and her sister, Mary were married in a double ceremony because both men were best friends having met in the Civil War.

Let me know if you need more details,
Jamie

Posted: 2 Jun 2007 1:07AM GMT
The William Hodge b 1810 in my family married Elizabeth Humphrey. They had 6 children: Bryant 1843-1864, William J 1848- Angleline 1850-, Mary 1853-, Chalres 1855- and Alfred 1859 - 1937 my great great grandfather

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 8:43PM GMT
Do you happen to know if your William HOdges had any Brothers or sisters?

Peggy

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 10:17PM GMT
Surnames: Hodge
I found in a post by Jim Powell that says: Milly was born 1784 in SC. She died unknown. She had the following children: Thomas Hodge, Peter Hodge, John Hodge and William Hodge (born 1810 and died about 1910). I donot know who Milly is and have not received a response to my email. The children he listed do not at all match the information I found at another post (I did not write that one down and will have to relocate it) I found:"William Hodges, born 1810 Ashe Co, NC, and died in Watauga Co, NC, during the Civil War, was the son of William Hodges and Mary Sarah Mullins. William, the father of William born 1810, was born 1782, location unknown , and died abt 1855, at Stony Fork, Watauga Co, NC. I know that he married Mary Sarah Dec 29, 1800, in Wilkes Co, NC. I have no further information on Mary." Then I found 10 childred of William and Sarah at this location(Wautauga Co. NC-part 3 by Gerry Hackley < hackley@insync.net>). The children of William and Sarah Mullins are: Larkin, Adam, William, John(Jack), Dilard Burton, Mark, Mary (or Nancy), Sally, Delphia and Thomas. I am new at the Hodge research and am still sorting all this out. It just does not appear the post by Jim Powell is matching what I am finding at other locations. Any info you may have that would help me out would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 13 Jun 2007 1:46AM GMT
Surnames: Hodges Robinson
You may have seen some of my queries before, I am hunting the Parents Names of my GG Grandfather Leroy H. Hodges, born in 1806, we find him in the Census in 1930 in Laurens Co., SC. but he says that his Parents were from NC.
His Mother could have been Part or Full Blooded Cherokee Indian. Some of the same names, like Thomas, Mary, Lucy etc. the names that I find in the Hodges in NC as in my Hodges from SC to Alabama.
Do you or have you ever found a name of Leroy H. Hodges? My Mother was the Hodges in the Family.
Thanks
PeggySue O'Shields Gaddis

Posted: 13 Jun 2007 2:06AM GMT
Sorry, I have not seen anything on Leroy H. Hodge

Posted: 13 Jun 2007 2:12AM GMT
There is a Hodge Geneaology 2 day conference here in Richmond VA. in October. Contact Sherry or Dan Hodges 505-792-1575 2507 RIO ORILLA LN NW, ALBUQUERQUE, NM, 87120-3181 , US slh1257

http://www.cmiregistration.com/user/org/program.jxp?id=13162...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic