Search for content in message boards

Rowland Judd descendants

Rowland Judd descendants

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 1:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Judd/Bailey/Metcalf
I have read through many posts dealing with the descendants of Rowland Judd who married a Cherokee Indian. I'm hoping someone can enlighten me on the many descrepancies on the family trees that are on Ancestry. Most specifically, some trees start at Rowland Judd>Nathaniel Judd>Rowland Judd>Elizabeth Frances Judd who on some trees married Norris Metcalf (very few of them) BUT then there are trees that have no spouse listed for Frances E. Judd along with different dates of death. If you go the opposite direction starting with Norris Metcalf who married Frances H(enrietta) Bailey to her parents George W. Bailey & Elizabeth. Now some trees show Elizabeth's last name as unknown and some show it's Elizabeth Frances Judd who descends from a Cherokee....is that just wishful thinking in hopes that some of the owners of those family trees have "Native American blood"? Just a guess? Is the any proof that George W. Bailey actually married Elizabeth Frances Judd? Has anyone who descends from Norris Metcalf & Frances H. Bailey done DNA that would possibly show Native American ancestors? I really appreciate all the input received. BTW..,this is on my husbands side which makes it more difficult because I have nothing to go by but what I read. Thank you.
Tara Brown

Re: Rowland Judd descendants

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 11:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
I was married to one of the descendants of Rowland Judd for 14 years and did a lot of genealogy back to Rowland when I went on today, it is like looking at someone completely different. I'd not looked at any Judd research since divorcing my ex 14 yrs. ago and I had given him piles of research I'd done. I understand your problem with all the different stories. I had the book Judd and it was helpful at the time. Good luck! There are some good records in TN.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions