Search for content in message boards

Didsbury - Anderson

Didsbury - Anderson

Posted: 18 Sep 2008 3:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Anderson, McDermid
I have verified that Henry D. Anderson died in Didsbury in 1915 and is buried there. He was born in PEI about 1834. I am looking for his son, Franklin D.(probably "David") Anderson. There is a "thank you" in the Didsbury paper from Franklin and his family following the passing of his father. Anyone come across Franklin Anderson in Didsbury? He was born 1862 in St. Peters, PEI. He married in Aug 1898 (Washington State) to Hannah Elizabeth McDermid of New Brunswick. It is possible he sold farm machinery in Didsbury. I have tracked two children, but don't know if they survived: Sadie and Laurence Webster Anderson(both born in Washington state. It appears that Franklin accompanied his father back to Canada and that the wife followed later. She and the children appear (without Franklin) on the Washington census for 1910 but not thereafter. It is probable that they moved to Alberta shortly after 1910. Franklin is the brother of Gilbert Julias Anderson, my 2nd great grandfather.

Re: Didsbury - Anderson

Posted: 13 May 2009 9:29PM GMT
Surnames: Anderson
Update: I found the family on the 1916 census of Alberta! Now I just have to find out if they stayed there or moved again.

Posted: 14 May 2009 10:02PM GMT
The Master Surname Index (not online) (mostly burials in Alberta cemeteries) of the Alberta Genealogical Society lists these possible names;

Yes Henry D. ANDERSON, - 16 Feb 1915 is listed in in the Didsbury cemetery.
Also 10 other ANDERSON's in Different areas of the cemetery, some with no born dates, none that fit your query.

For further research please contact the AGS Research Services Committee of the Edmonton Branch,
http://abgensoc.ca/

Peter

Posted: 15 May 2009 3:05PM GMT
Surnames: Anderson
Thank you. I may have to do a road trip and come up to dig around the archives in Alberta one of these days. I really want to findout what happened to Franklin Anderson and his family (children Lawrence Webster Anderson and Sadie Bernice Anderson) after 1916.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions