Search for content in message boards

Thornburg burials in Ballengee Cem

Thornburg burials in Ballengee Cem

Posted: 28 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Aug 2001 9:08PM GMT
Surnames: Thornburg
Does any one have a listing for the Ballengee Cemetery in which it may list Thornburgs. Maybe in a book called "this Quiet Ground". Really any information is appreciated. Thanks Sandy

Re: Thornburg burials in Ballengee Cem

Lois A. Snook (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2002 1:59AM GMT
Thornburgs in the Ballangee Cemetery include Harold M. Thornburg, Mrs. W. J. (Sarah) Thornburg and Nancy (Ballangee) Thornburg

Posted: 27 Feb 2002 9:25AM GMT
also is Ellen Ballengee: "Miss Ellen Ballengee, aged 40 years died at Salmon in June, 1905. She was buried beside her mother, Susan, at the family plot on Boyle creek. (IR June 26, 1905).
~Mrs. W. J. Thornburg, age 35, died at Boyle Creek (IR Dec 19, 1905).
~Mrs. Nancy (Ballengee) Thornburg died on Tuesday at Boyle Creek. The funeral was held at the family burial ground near the home of the deceased. She was born in Montree Co., CA.. Oct 29, 1872, and died June 10, 1912 (IR June 13, 1912).
~Samuel Hance Irian Ballangee, died at North Fork on Oct 3, 1916 and was buried the next day in a casket bought by his children from W. C. Doebler in Salmon. Over 90 years old, he had spent most of his life in rude cabins or tents. His full-blooded Indian wife preceded him in death several years ago. He had come west from Missouri and lived for some years in California before settling in Idaho. (IR Oct 20, 1916)

Sandy Kicker (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2002 3:07PM GMT
Surnames: Thornburg, Rose
Thanks so much for the information on the people buried in the Ballengee Cem. Does anyone know what happened to William and Sarah (Rose) Thornburgs children. Know about Grier David Thornburg but would like information on Violet, Roy and any other children. At the time of Sarah's death I believe she had 5 or 6 children. Also any information on Sarah's family would be appreciated. My husbands cousins know nothing about their family. They visited their Dad's grave (G. Dave Thornburg) many times not knowing the W. J. Thornburg; their grandfather was in the same cemetery. Now they are interested in any information. Thanks so much.

L.A. Snook (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2002 6:19PM GMT
"Mrs. Thornburg (Sarah) had the misfortune to slip and fall while carrying water from the creek last week giving her a severe shock from which she has been very poorly since." Lemhi Herald 12/14/1905
"Mrs. William Thornburg of Boyle Creek died at her home at 2 o'clock yesterday morning of blood poisoning. She is the daughter of Mrs. W.J. Rose, also of Boyle Creek, and is about 35 years old..." LH 12/21/1905
Sarah was born in California. her mother was Anna Rose, brother is W.J. Rose, sisters are Mrs. Ida M. Harmon and Mrs. Dick Holmes. She had come to Idaho after living in Montana for a time.
Bill's on, Grier, was enrolled at Boyle Creek School at age 7 in 1909, and again in 1910 while living with his father's niece and her husband, Lula and Erle Embley. In 1913, Bill was living in Hamilton, Montana, but his daughter, Violet, was still enrolled in the Boyle Creek School.
Mamie Thornburg was married to John Dryer and later divorced. She was one of many cooks at the George Shoup Ranch.

Ruth Eastlick Harrah (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2004 7:34PM GMT
Erle and Lulu THORNBURG EMBLEY were the parents of my aunt Ruth EMBLEY EASTLICK for whom I am named.
After my father died in 1993, my mother remarried to Lawrence (Lee) EMBLEY brother of Ruth. I would like to share information with any of you who will write to me. This family has asked me to search for any information on the THORNBURG's. Thank you in advance.

Sherry Adlard (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2006 11:30PM GMT
Sandy, I would really like to connect with you regarding Sarah's family. I may have what you're looking for!
You can reach me at brucea@cybcon.com.

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 11:01PM GMT
I have information on the Thornburgs you may be interested in. My great grandfather half brothers William and Daniel Thornburg went to Montana. William and Daniel were twins. I am sure they are the one's you are looking for.

Posted: 22 Jun 2012 8:39AM GMT
I see the EMBLY name and wondering why it is familiar. OK..this may help someone. Lots of reference here to Boyle Creek, (which is now called Tower Creek..don't know when the name was changed). My husband and family lived on Boyle Creek in the 1950's I guess it would be...around then. We visit there often. So, past where he lived,(the Doc Norton Place) there is an old cabin or home that has been preserved there, and a little picnic area. There is information posted there as to the history of the home...and the name I can recall is EMBLY...something about them coming back to live there, some details and names. I am sorry I cannot recall more, but maybe someone in Salmon, Idaho knows more about that home, and the names and inscription/dedication there.
Hope this might help,
Nancy Walchli, CA.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions