Search for content in message boards

MCGLOTHLIN

MCGLOTHLIN

john w. mcrae (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
SEARCH FOR INFO. FOR FRIEND. HIS G.G.GRANDFATHER WAS JAKE
MCGLOTHLIN, G.GRANDFATHER WAS JOHN P. MCGLOTHLIN. GRANDFATHER WAS SHERIFF OF BUCHANAN COUNTY.

THANKS JOHN W. MCRAE

SCOTLAND FOREVER

John W. Childress

Madilee Childress Wnek (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Childress, McGlothlin, Ratliff, Belcher, Jeffries, Honaker
Second response re John W. Childress, who was supposedly sheriff of Buchanan Co. for 40 years. Sorry I switched two of the names. It should have read: I am the daughter of John Bryan Childress, who was a son of James Harvey Childress, son of John W. Childress, son of Jessee Childress, son of Pleasant Childress/Childers, a revolutionary war vet. You don't say what info you want. What info do you have?

John W. Childress

Posted: 17 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Childress, McGlothlin, Ratliff, Belcher, Honaker, Jeffries
Re John W. Childress who was supposedly sheriff of Buchanan Co. for forty years, I am his gg granddaughter. My father was John Bryan Childress, son of James Harvey Childress, son of Jessee Childress, son of John W. Childress, son of Pleasant Childress/Childers, a revolutionary war vet. You don't say what info you want. What info do you have?

John Childress

Posted: 28 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 9:31PM GMT
Surnames: Childress
My grandmother was Sarah Elizabeth Childress (b. 4-4 of either 1895 or 1897 and died 12-14-1952) and her father was John Childress and mother was Malissa who was also a Childress. She was also married to George Shortridge and Richard Ratliffe. She died using the Ratliffe name so my aunts tell me. If you recognize any of these people I would appreciate any help.

John W. Childress

Sherry Ann (Turner) Trent (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
John W. Childress was also my gg grandfather, married to Charlotte (Lottie) Ratliff. I'm having a problem distinguishing whether John W. had an older brother named Jessee or was his father named Jessee or posibbly both. Does anyone have birth or death dates that might help to clear this up? Much appreciate any help. Thanks

I have info on Childress'

Vickie Brown (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Childress, Owens
Buchanan County, VA

John W. Childress I have info

Vickie Brown (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Childress, Owens
Buchanan County, VA

John W. Childress

Posted: 26 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Vicki:

E-mail me.

Madilee

Childress Info

Sherry Ann (Turner) Trent (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Do you have the names of the parents, grandparents, etc. of John Childress of Buchanan County? Think his father was Jessee, grandfather was Pleasant, but don't have spouses, dates, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Pleasant Childers

Posted: 23 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Childers, McGlothlin, Jeffries, Belcher
I have been unable to trace Pleasant's ancestors. I know some of his descendants migrated to Buchanan Co., but I've been searching for his ancestors in North Carolina, where he entered the military, or in a county further north, where he married. If you want to discuss this further, e-mail me at Madilee@aol.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions