Search for content in message boards

Marriage Licenses - Live Oak, Florida

Marriage Licenses - Live Oak, Florida

Posted: 5 Nov 2002 11:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chancy, Chancey, Chauncey, Sanders, Lee, Clark, Starling, Carroll
I have Marriage license copies for a Mark E. Chancy's marriage to Manarvy Lee in Suwanee County, Florida on Sept 3, 1880.

Also, on the bottom of a copy of my grandfather's, Augustus Chancy & Ella Ruth Starling, marriage license dated october 27, 1907 is a piece of the license for William S. Clark of Suwannee Co, Fl & Miss Jessie Ann Chancey. The date is not on the remnant of license on the bottom of the copy of my grandfather's license.

Samuel W. Chancey & Miss Elizabeth J. Shiver on January 3, 1881.

I have a copy of Leroy Chancey's marriage license from Suwannee County. It is dated February 20, 1910 to Miss Bretha N. Carroll. The marriage was performed by Levi Starling, O.M.S. This may be relevant historically as my grandfather's, Gus, first marriage was to Ella Ruth Starling.

Do any of you have an Andrew Chauncey? He married Nellie Sanders on December 28, 1922. Nellie was my grandmother's, Lizzie Gertrude Sanders, sister. Lizzie married Gus Chancey.

Don't know if any are of interest ... just passing along.

Re: Marriage Licenses - Live Oak, Florida

Posted: 7 May 2003 5:12PM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2003 5:33PM GMT
Surnames: Chancey, Shiver
Samuel Chancey and Elizabeth Shiver Chancey are my ggggrandparents. Do you have any other information on their children: Arthur, Milton, Herndon, Edgar, Andrew, Marvin, Mary (gggrandmother), or Ollie? It is my understanding they are all half bros/sisters. Also, is there a date of birth for Samuel or Elizabeth Chancey on the license? I would be glad to share other information on the Mary M. Chancey family line if you're interested. My email is myssilynne@hotmail.com.

Brian Boatright (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2004 12:57PM GMT
Surnames: STARLING CHANCEY BOATRIGHT
My great-grandfather was Levi Starling (CSA) of Suwannee Co, FL and I know he was a primitive Baptist preacher. His church was the Patmos Primitive Baptist Church on the Mayo Road just before Luraville and Mayo. I have a few photos of him.

I have Ella Ruth Starling (22 Oct 1892 - 22 Feb 1911) as the wife of Augustus Chancey (married 27 Oct 1907). Ella was William Allen Starling's daughter and Levi's granddaughter. Her sister Susan Elizabeth Starling was my grandmother. I have a family photo of the Levi Starling family on a porch that includes about 5 generations.

My email is palmbugs@bellsouth.net

Brian Boatright
Orange Park, FL

Posted: 11 Nov 2007 10:50PM GMT
what is the one about Ella starling?

Posted: 6 Jun 2008 4:00PM GMT
bertha carroll was my grandmothers sister her name was fannie and her 1st husband was issac chancey . i believe leroy has relatives in lakeland florida . her name is loris deal.oh bertha is buried at fort green florida.

Posted: 7 Jun 2008 7:03PM GMT
Surnames: Chancey
Leroy was the brother of Gus Chancey. Indeed, he does have family in the south Polk County area of Florida.

Posted: 8 Jun 2008 4:52PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2008 3:04AM GMT
Surnames: Chancey, Chancy, Carroll, Hurst, Sanders
Francis 'Fannie' Bell Carroll born May 23, 1892 died March 1984 in Newton, Mass. married Isaac C Chancey, son of G.R.W. Chancey and Mary Ann Hurst December 24, 1913 in Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida.

She was a Daughter of Patrick Carroll of Barnwall South Carolina and Esther Jane Sanders of Suwannee County Florida.

She is buried at Ft. Green Baptist Church Cemetery Ft. Green, Hardee County Florida.

Bertha Nancy Carroll born July 1895 and died June 1956 was the sister of Francis Bell Carroll.

She was married to (1) Leroy Chancey February 20, 1910, Suwannee County, Fl. and (2) Perry Alonzo David Chancey after Leroy passed in 1926 in Hardee County, Florida.

Family members indicate both are buried at Ft. Green Baptist Church Cemetery Ft. Green, Hardee County Florida.

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 7:07PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: GRW Chancey
GRW Chancey was married to Mary Jane Hurst and her father was Daniel Hurst. She was my ggreat aunt and GRW Chancey was my gggreat Uncle. I would love to have a copy of their marriage license if you would mail me a copy I would appreciate it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions