Search for content in message boards

Washington Fairfield(Beauchamp)/Josephine Paille

Washington Fairfield(Beauchamp)/Josephine Paille

Posted: 26 Jul 2002 3:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for info on Washington Fairfield probably a Beauchamp from Rockland, Ontario, Canada. Lived and died in Arnprior, Ontario, Canada. Married Josephine Paille. Born in 1896+-. Died in 1968+-. Worked for Gillis Lumber Mill.

8 or 9 children.

Re: Washington FAIRFIELD(Beauchamp) / Josephine PAILLE

Posted: 15 Jul 2003 8:34PM GMT
Surnames: Fairfield, Payer
I have a Jeremie Washington Fairfield in my file b. 13 Oct 1891 in Rockland d. 10 Apr 1971 m. Josephine Payer date unknown. Although Fairfield translates to Beauchamp, it's my belief that he is an actual Fairfield, as his grandfather John Gilbert Fairfield (b. c1805) was a Protestant American, not Catholic French Canadian. My working theory is that he is one of the Fairfields from Maine, although I have no proof yet.

I have lots of information about John Gilbert Fairfield's descendents including Washington's parents and siblings. John himself is a brick wall, but I'm willing to exchange the information I have with you. Washington's aunt Georgiana Fairfield was my gggrandmother -- what is your connection?

Posted: 4 Sep 2003 9:02PM GMT
Surnames: Fairfield, Paille, Gravel
Hi Valerie,

The above two persons are my husband's maternal grandparents. I phoned my mother-in-law to check on dates of Washington's birth and death and she seems to conquer with your info. I have other info from a Normand Fairfield that states that Washington's siblings were: Albert, Arthur, Georges, Elmer, Victor and Georgina. He's looking for ancestry from his great-grandfather Georges Fairfield married to Philomene Gravel.

Maybe this is the same Fairfield. What do you think?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Charlotte

Re: Josephine PAILLE

Carrol Press (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2003 6:16PM GMT
Surnames: Paillé, Payé, Payie
I am from the Paillé/Payé/Payie family and have been doing this tree for a lot of years. Could you tell me please who are the parents of Josephine? Many thanks.

Posted: 23 May 2011 9:44PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2011 9:44PM GMT
Surnames: Clairoux, Fairfield
Hi my grandmother is Grace Fairfield of Arnprior Ontario - Washington I believe would be my great grandfather. If you have pictures and information on him I would so love to have this information for my family tree. My name is Celine Marie Clairoux. I was adopted and named Lynne Valiquette and was raised in Eganville Ontario. My parent's are Paul Leon Clairoux of Ottawa and my mother is Carolle Riel of Ottawa.

Please feel free to contact me at newangeles@sympatico.ca

Posted: 23 May 2011 9:49PM GMT
Surnames: Fairfield, Clairoux
I would so love all information you have on John Gilbert Fairfield and whatever you might have on Washington Fairfield. I am a relative. My father's mother was a Fairfield, in fact she would have been one of Washington's children.

Please contact me at newangeles@sympatico.ca

Posted: 23 May 2011 9:51PM GMT
Hello, I am a cousin. My father's mother is Grace Fairfield who is one of Washington Fairfield's children. I was adopted at age 5 and was raised in Eganville Ontario. I would so love to have any information/photos you would have. I was named Celine Marie Clairoux.

Please contact me at newangeles@sympatico.ca

Re: Washington Fairfield(Beauchamp)/Josephine Paille

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 7:30PM GMT
Hi my name is Celine Marie Clairoux and Washington Fairfield is my great grandfather. My father was Paul Clairoux and Carolle Riel. Paul's mother is Grace Fairfield. I am wondering if you have received any information and pictures if so I would greatly apprecate them.

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 7:31PM GMT
Hello have you received any more information if so I too am looking. Washington Fairfield is my great grandfather. I was adopted at age 5. My parents are Paul Clairoux and Carolle Riel. Paul's mother is Grace Fairfield from Arnprior, ON.

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 3:29PM GMT
My name is Brian Colton. Washington Fairfield and Josephine Payer are my grandparents. My mother was Josephine (Babs)the youngest of the family. My mother passed away 18 years on October 22nd at the age of 55. Of the 11 children, my aunt Charlotte Leitch (Fairfield) is still alive. She is almost 90 years old, and living in Arnrprior, Ontario.

I do have information on our Great Grandparents marriage, and some names from the Rockland area.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions