Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Victor Herbert

Descendants of Victor Herbert

Francine (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2000 7:49PM GMT
Looking to locate anyone with good information on Victor Herbert, the composer. Particularly looking for photos taken while he was still in Ireland or England, with May O'Connor (bet. 10 - 15 yrs old), a concert piano prodigy, or other O'Connors who were in D'Oyley Carte Opera Company. Interested also if they maintained contact in America.

Victor Herbert

Fracine (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2000 1:55PM GMT
When Victor Herbert came to open his NAUGHTY MARYTTEA in Atlantic City he called the Library of Virginia and asked if they any word of a John Curle Herbert this was my great grandfather. Their ggggranfathers were brothers. This was in England.

Victor Herbert

Francine (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2000 7:19PM GMT
That's fascinating. There is a Victor Herbert Foundation in NY now (which I was just made aware of) hope there is info and photographs avail. Do you have family photos of him?

Voctor Herbert

Barbara Orr (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2000 3:34PM GMT
Francine:
I have no pictures of Vvvictor Herbert and only one on my Great Grandfather John Curle Herbert. I have very few pictures of any one because the photo album was lost. If at any time you find any please let me know where. Your friend Barbara Orr

To Barbara re V Herbert

Francine (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2000 6:30AM GMT
Hi Barbara: Thanks so much for response. I think we crossed paths before in other search on that side of family. I will continue to try to put the loose ends together. Have new info to work with from a cousin, and may have photos coming. Will also resrch thru Victor Herbert Foundation and other musical links. If I get something, will let you know.
Regards, Francine

william elbert curle Tennessee

judy curle heintz (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2000 8:52AM GMT
I would like to find any information on my grandfather. His name was William Elbert Curle he was married to Stella Mae Rich. My father was Clifton Eugene Curle of Memphis Tn.My e mail address is jwjcheintz@hotmail.com or phone 270-554-2351

Victor Herbert a second cousin

Posted: 4 Sep 2000 7:16AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 2:15PM GMT
Hi, my grandfather William Herbert (b. 1848 in GLO) was supposed to have been a second cousin to Victor. I am most interested in finding Victor's immediate ancestors, as it might help solve the mystery of my grandfather's origins. Thanks! Annabelle Herbert

Victor Herbert-2nd Cousin

Francine (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2000 9:15PM GMT
Hi Annabelle: We are not descendants of Victor, but interested in locating photos, letters, programs of early shows. My grandmother, May O'Connor Gray was concert pianist who had close relation with him in Ireland. Don't know if relationship continued here or if she played with him again in the States. I heard she was very young, 11 - 15 or so, and was a protege of his. You might want to contact Victor Herbert Foundation (as I will) in NYC. Hope they have a library. That might give you some leads, or perhaps Irish sources in Limerick where their concerts were, at least some of the time. Also, there must be info connected to D'Oyley Carte Opera Company.
Good luck - Francine

William Curle- Tenn.

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2000 10:53PM GMT
Judy:
I'm sorry but as far as I know these Curles died out with the Judith Curle who married a Herbert and her sister married also I beleive there where no Curle boys left as Judith inherited the plantation in Elizabeth City now Hampton. Sorry if I do hear more I will surely let you know. Barbara O.

DO I KNOW YOU

JAMES CLIFTON CURLE (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2001 7:54PM GMT
HI JUDY: CLIFTON WAS MY FATHER ALSO IS THIS A COINCIDENT?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic