Hans Jacob Karr/Kerr

Ken Linger (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2000 8:46PM GMT
5712 W. 35th #2
Cicero IL 60804

Hans Jacob Karr

Posted: 14 Jan 2001 2:12PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jun 2004 8:22PM GMT
Do you have a place and time. I have one who moved from Germany to PA in 1732. The family had immigrated the year before.

ffejlny@juno.com

Hans Jacob Karr

Posted: 26 May 2001 6:28PM GMT
Edited: 7 Feb 2002 10:01PM GMT
Do you have any info that shows him with a wife named Dorothea Haffner and a son Christian Frederick?

Hans Jacob Karr

Posted: 27 May 2001 5:33AM GMT
I have the fact that he married Dorothea Haffner, in Schwiagern, Württemburg. I do not have a child, Christian Fredrick. They did have a son, Christoph who was born and died in Germany. Their family who made it to this side of the "pond" was Maria Elisabetha, Gerig Heinrich, and Christina.

When Dorothea (Crito) came into this country, there evidently was a problem with the children with which she arrived. She had her step daughter, Katherina, and her son, Gerig Heinrich, and two daughters as above. There were not 3 boys. I don't know about the other Heinrich and Christian. Don't know if they ever existed.
Posted: 27 May 2001 10:03AM GMT
Edited: 7 Feb 2002 10:01PM GMT
Thanks for the info. I will search further, can you send me a copy of the marriage info and what does Crito mean after Dorothea's name.
Posted: 27 May 2001 2:59PM GMT
The marriage is listed in the Schwaigern Parish Records, without a last name for Dorothea. The info I have on Haffner came from Lineages of Salt Lake City. One of the cousins had the Karrs traced and they came up with the Haffner family. They figure that Dorothea/Crito Carr is the sister of Lucretia Wilheit who also immigrated with her family in 1731 on the same boat. They figure that the sisters came under the protection of Lucretia's husband. There is a story that Hans Jacob Karr came the next year on the same boat after completing his military obligation. It is not proven, and there is noone named Karr on the next two years. There is a Hans Jacob, but cannot be sure that is him.

The last child that the Karrs had in Schwaigern was in 1726. They did not immigrate until 1731. That leaves 5 years to have the Heinrich and/or Christian that was listed on the boat manifest. They may have been born elsewhere in Germany while Hans was completing his military obligation. That doesn't explain how we have marriages for Gerig Heinrich's sisters, but nothing for the brothers. (But then, are these his sisters, or do they just match up well with our family?)

Please contact me ffejlny@juno.com

There is a marriage for a Christian Carr in Montgomery Co. PA, but I have never successfully connected him to this line of Carr/Karrs.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions