Search for content in message boards

Phineas Ketchum Iowa

Phineas Ketchum Iowa

Teddi (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2001 8:45AM GMT
I am hoping to share an original Civil War Letter with any of his family. He was the brother to my G-G-Grandmother, Mary Roe Ketchum Vial. I also went to Washington DC to look up his CIvil War records and found that they are not on film. However His official records are in a special record room. I did get to touch, see and copy his War records. What an experience.
Posted: 14 Jan 2001 5:49PM GMT
Edited: 8 Apr 2002 4:53AM GMT
I notice you mention a Ketchum from Iowa.
I am looking for any Ketchums who lived in
Iowa. Including a Fanny Ketchum who married
Bliss Welch Webb, and a William Ketchum who
married Harriet Sawyer. They lived in Fayette
county, Iowa.
I am looking to find their parents!

Phineas Ketchum

Posted: 14 Jan 2001 6:01PM GMT
Edited: 8 Apr 2002 4:53AM GMT
Do you have the BOOK "Genealogy of Edmund
Rescue Ketchum"? If you don't, I have a
copy of some of the pages, which tells the
children and marriages of these people, and
Phineas and Mary are listed!!

Ketchum

Teddi (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2001 9:49AM GMT
I have not heard of that boo. Pleas forward any info to my Email Teddivial@cs.com.
Thank you for responding!

Ketchums of Iowa

Teddi (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2001 9:54AM GMT
There is one name that that I may have some info on, that would be Fanny. Let me dig through the family papers and photos that I do have. I also want to Thank you for responding very quickly. Are you related to the Ketchums? Would be happy to share any of the family treasures that I have. My e-mail address is Teddivial@cs.com

Ketchum-Iowa

kIMBERLY (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2001 7:29PM GMT
Do you have any info on a Vera Ketchum/Vanwinkle from Iowa. She had at least two daughters-one was my Grandmother Iola. Iolas was born around 1916 in Griswold and Vera died soon after.

Iola Ketchum

Suzanne Turgeon (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2001 9:47AM GMT
Kimberly,
I'm not sure this is the same person, this is the info I have: previous married name: Iola Mae Longacre, 2nd? marriage was to William Elroy Ketchum 11-12-1955, they had 3 childred Albert b. 1956, Jody Vi b.1957, and Kandy Kay b. 1958. Iola died in Jan-Feb 1960. Again, I don't know if this is the same person, or even possibly a relative, let me know. Thanks

Ketchum (iola vanwinkle)

kimberly (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2001 4:10PM GMT
My grandmother's mother's maiden name was supposedly Ketchum. And her first name was Vera. She marrried a Van Winkle or Vanwinkle. I have a remembrance from Vera's funeral. She died Dec 2, 1918. In the 1910 census for Griswold IA where my grandmother Iola grew up, there was a Vera Gifford living with Faye? (probably Gifford) and a Joe Gifford age 9. Faye was 38 and Vera was 11 which makes her the right age. I am not sure if this is the right Vera or not. I am now thinking maybe it was Faye that was a Ketchum and married a Gifford. In the 1910 census Faye, Vera, and Joe Gifford were living with Charlie Kincaid, who is who raised my Grandmother after her parents died. It is all circumstantial but it makes sense. My grandmother had an older sister, and we think her name was Bernice. Vera would have been very young when she married/had Bernice about 15 or 16 which is pobbible for those days. I spoke with the daughter of my grandmothers 1/2 cousin (Gloria) and her middle name is Faye and said it is a family name. Do you have any info on a FAye Ketchum? Gloria also swears she remembers going to a Ketchum cemetary and seeing Vera Vanwinkle's grave. She also remembers hearing of "Ketchum Corners" in Iowa also, outside of Griswold. Let me know if any of this sounds familiar. Thanks for your help! My email is kbrenz@aol.com.

Iola Ketchum

Suzanne (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2001 4:32PM GMT
The info you sent doesn't ring a bell, however I have very little info on her. Her married name was Ketchum, husband to William Elroy Ketchum. I'll check some papers and get back to you. Thanks
Posted: 11 Jun 2001 12:53AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 6:56PM GMT
Is this Kimberly, our "little Susie's" daughter? If so, I am one of her step-mothers. Was your grandmother Carol O'toole? . Good gosh, get in touch. Give me an Email address where you can be reached
per page

Find a board about a specific topic