Search for content in message boards

Skiles of Wayne Co., MO

Skiles of Wayne Co., MO

Jeanette McClure (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Skiles, Ruble, McCray
I am searching for the family of Andrew Skiles, who is found on the 1830 and 1840 census of Wayne Co., Mo. He is not found there in 1850. Other Skiles in and around Wayne Co. suggest he was from Tenn. Some think his name was James Andrew or Andrew James Skiles. Thank you.

Re: Skiles of Wayne Co., MO

Posted: 5 Jul 2001 8:43PM GMT
Surnames: skiles-ruble ellis - brown
I am a desendant of andrew skiles
i dont know his wifes name he did have a daughter named malinda skile my ggg grandmother whom married henry ruble malinda is buried in vulcan iron missouri in sutton cemetary if that is at all helpful there son married [henry] margrett alice nichols & there children where lizzy-nancy-mainda-barney-alice-nelli-menah-john & my gg grandmother para whom married gus ellis & had chldren Loreen-clarence-moreen-elmer-hazel
hazel was my grandmother she had one child James D Brown my father had 8 children one is deceased

?Re: Skiles of Wayne Co., Dent,Phelps Co Mo Malinda's father ?

Posted: 9 Mar 2005 6:41PM GMT
Surnames: skiles,jennings murphy
i have not been able to establish that andrew [if that was his actual name] was from the family of lydia chadwell and william skiles.i do have a theory which i have yet to prove
i believe it is possible that malinda skiles is the daughter of john jackson skiles and mary polly jennings .
john jackson skiles is the son of william skiles and ann murphy. he had a brother william that married elizabeth miller
and a sister that married a boman william is living in green tn with his sister and brother in law boman in 1850 census and williams son william is living in dent co missouri married to a rachel and died in same 1899.
mary polly jennings died as well in mo around 1870's .
i would like to prove or disprove this theory seeking info on this skiles line .
welcome any response regarding this family
my email address has changed it is crabbiemel@aol.com
thank you sincerly melissa brown james
per page

Find a board about a specific topic