Search for content in message boards

Need obit from Alba, Antrim Co.

Need obit from Alba, Antrim Co.

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 12:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hysell
Can anyone on this board tell me what library in Antrim County, Michigan would have obituaries for Alba Twp.?
I would like to order obits for the following relatives:

Margaret Hysell, d. 12 Nov 1996, Alba, Antrim Co., Michigan
Jay L. Hysell, d. 18 June 1997, Traverse City, Michigan
They resided in Alba for many years.
SOURCES:
U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 2 about Margaret Hysell --
Name: Margaret Hysell
Birth Date: 10 Sep 1913
Address: PO Box 21, Alba, MI, 49611-0021

Social Security Death Index about Margaret Hysell --
Name: Margaret Hysell
SSN: 362-10-2985
Last Residence: 49611 Alba, Antrim, Michigan, United States of America
Born: 13 Jan 1914
Died: 12 Nov 1996
State (Year) SSN issued: Michigan (Before 1951)
The obituary of Margaret's husband, Jay Hysell, may be in the Antrim County News, date of paper: 1997-6-25. Which library would have the Antrim County News? Many thanks for your help. Carol

Re: Need obit from Alba, Antrim Co.

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 3:33AM GMT
There are death notices for both of them at www.findagrave.com

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 4:02AM GMT
Surnames: Hysell, McAnsh
I did find their gravestone and information on FINDAGRAVE and have a picture of their gravestone, but what I'd like to know is what library has the newspapers for Alba so that I can get their obituaries. I am going to call the Mancelona Township Library and Bellaire Public Library tomorrow. The information on FINDAGRAVE about Margaret (McAnsh) Hysell does not list survivors, etc., and there is very little about her husband. Actual obituaries would be better, I think. Appreciate your reply. Carol

Posted: 2 Dec 2012 5:34PM GMT
Rogsr Anger, the township sexton, almost certainly has a hard copy BUT:

I recommend contacting the Antrim Review directly at:
PO box 313, Belllaire, Mi., 49615 or
231-533-5651

eldenj
eldenj@antrimfamilies.com

Posted: 2 Dec 2012 9:24PM GMT
I wish I had heard from you earlier. I called the Bellaire Library and they referred me to the Antrim County Historical Society. The library didn't have room to keep all the newspaper books, so they gave them to the H.Society. Since the H.S. is only open during the summer, there was a phone number on their answering machine to call for the president, which I did. Betty is going to look up the obituary for me, so hopefully I will hear from her this week some time. Thank you for your reply. Carol

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 5:45PM GMT
I called the phone number you gave me for the Antrim Review, and the young lady said they no longer have that newspaper because it was bought out. She suggested I go to:
www.michigannewspapers.com, but I didn't have much luck on that site in finding the Antrim Review. Hopefully, the lady at the Antrim County Historical Society will be able to locate the obituary for me. Thanks for your response.

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 8:32PM GMT
I don't known what's harder. Findin' a way to reply to you or googling the right newspaper.

The current paper is the Antrim County News at 231-533-8523

elden

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 9:12PM GMT
Elden,
I have tried to call that number 231-533-8523 and I get a recording which says that this number has been disconnected or is no longer in service. Would you try it yourself, and let me know what you get. Thanks, Carol

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 9:23PM GMT
I just did an online search for the Antrim County News and found another phone number which I called:
Antrim County News
112 E State St, Mancelona, MI 49659
http://www.antrimcountynews.com
(231) 587-8471
The Antrim County News has been out of business since Feb. 2009 and all of the bound newspaper books have been taken to the Bellaire Museum. Just thought I would let you know the latest. Carol

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 8:38PM GMT
I'm frustrated, too. All the Googling on the earth didn't work. Fortunately my paper came yesterday.

Go to: www.antrimreview.net
You'll get phone nos. AND extension numbers.

It may be that the issue you want is only at the library. I can't remember when this company replaced the predecessor dummies.
That company's write meant "facade" but she wrote "fasod". Shortly after that, the parent co. closed down all of its local papers.

elden
per page

Find a board about a specific topic