Search for content in message boards

Hutchison's of India, Soctland and England

Hutchison's of India, Soctland and England

Posted: 21 Apr 2008 7:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hutchison, Wickede, Nepean, Jamieson, Kinnear, Cutler
I am a descendant of William and Agnes Jean Hutchison. I am looking for anyone who may have info. on the Hutchison's that were born in India and the other 2 countires and a Hutchison descendant came out to Australia.

William Hutchison m Agnes Jean Hutchison of Scotland and they married there too.
Their son George Ferguson Hutchison b. in London married Eliza Fredrica Wickede in India.
George and Eliza's son William George Frederic Andrew Ferguson Hutchison b.in India married Anna Adeline Nepean in India.
George Hutchison and William GFAF Hutchison both served in the Madras Army.
William GFAF and Anna Hutchison's son William GFN came to Australia before 1876. His second marriage was to Ruth Kinnear.
Anyway, if anyone has information on the Hutchison's it would be a great help.
Thanks

Re: Hutchison's of India, Soctland and England

Posted: 15 Jun 2009 6:28PM GMT
Surnames: Hutchison
Hi Kylie

My grandmother (Alice Hutchison) was born in India (Punjab) as was her older sister (Annie). Their father was Dr John Hutchison a medical missionary with the Church of Scotland who went to India after completing his medical qualification in Edinburgh at the age of 21. He lived in India until he died in 1936 aged 88. Alice also became a doctor having study at Edinburgh. Alice adopted my father, Peter, who moved to Australia after Alice died in 1953. He married my mother and had four children; of which I am the youngest.

Nevertheless, I don't think these are the Hutchison's from India that you may be seaking.

Regards

John Hutchison

Posted: 7 May 2010 4:29AM GMT
Hi. In my tree there is a William Hutchison who came out to Australia with his wife Anne in 1855 on the ship Anna. Also with him were his 6 children, his widowed brother Hugh (my 3rd great grandfather) and his 8 children. Same one or not do you think?

Posted: 12 May 2010 1:41PM GMT
I don't think so. William Hutchison and his wife Anna Nepean's son William was born in India in 1855. William senior died in 1868 and was buried in Kent. William Jnr came to Australia sometime between 1855 and 1928 (he died that year) and he was married in Australia. All the descendants of William and Anna's, the surname was Nepean-Hutchison, I think Nepean has been droped from the name in some of the family members.

Re: Hutchison's of India, Scotland and England

Posted: 1 Dec 2010 7:52PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Hello

Agnes Jean Hutchison was the daughter of George Hutchison. Her brother resided in Jamaica. He was a slave owner.

I am helping the family trace their Jamaican connections, if you require more information I will have to seek the consent of the family before sharing. I will update you as soon as possible.

Take care

Posted: 2 Dec 2010 1:03PM GMT
Hi
Your Agnes Jean Hutchison ( married to William Hutchison on 12 April 1799 in Midlothian Scotland) had a brother David Hutchison who moved to the Parish of Manchester, Jamaica and owned Coffee Grove Plantion. He had 6 children with Elizabeth Hunt a freed women of Colour.
David Hutchison born 25th Feb 1761 in Ayr, Scotland.
David Hutchison would have been my GGG Grandfather.
Deborah Russick

Posted: 4 Jan 2011 1:04AM GMT
Hi Deb

I found a will for David Hutchison and that started a new line of questions for me which i've slowly pieced together, but having you say David is related to Agnes makes it even better.
What I'm wondering is if you have info on Agnes and her hubby William and on Agnes' parents and siblings. It makes them my 5x great grandparents.
Is Agnes and david's parents George Hutchison and Isobel Galloway?

Any ifo. would be great.
Thanks Deb

Re: Hutchison's of India, Scotland and England

Posted: 4 Jan 2011 1:13AM GMT
I found a will for David Hutchison and that started a new line of questions for me which i've slowly pieced together, but having you say David is related to Agnes makes it even better.
What I'm wondering is if you have info on Agnes and her hubby William and on Agnes' parents and siblings. It makes them my 5x great grandparents.
Is Agnes and david's parents George Hutchison and Isobel Galloway?

Any ifo. would be great.

Posted: 5 Jan 2011 2:11AM GMT
Hi Deb
My GGGG Grandparents were George Hutchison and Isobel Galloway. They had (that I know of) 3 children David Hutchison my GGG Grandfather,b. abt 1770/80, George who was David's older Brother and Agnes, who was married to William Hutchison, and had a son, George moved to Manchester Jamaica and owned "Coffee Grove Plantation"
David Hutchison had 6 children with a freed women of colour, Elizabeth Hunt (my GGG Grandmother)I do know that David Hutchison also had children with another freed women of Colour and I am in touch with their GGGGG Grandson who lives in Chicago. Who knows how many other children David Hutchison had in Jamaica ?
There is no record of marriage. I have a death notice from an Edinburgh Advertiser,scotland 1820 newspaper,which reads "
At Blackriver, on the 27th of June last, DAVID
HUTCHISON, Esq.. of Coffee Grove, Jamaica.
As of yet I have no info on Agnes, but I'm working on it.
I hope this information is helpful. Anything else you might need, please don't hesitate to ask. I will be happy to help.
Sincerely Deborah

Posted: 13 Jun 2011 11:00AM GMT
Surnames: Hutchison Acton Clugston
I think I have a cousin descended from your Hutchisons:

Laura Augusta Hutchison (born 1828) daughter of George Hutchison married at Bangalore, India 3 August 1846 Lt. Henry Acton, 4th Madras Cavalry (1824-16 April 1865), son of Lt. Henry Acton (nephew of Sir John Acton, 6th Baronet) and his wife Charlotte Clugston.

They have many descendants, most of whom live in the USA. If anyone can find a baptism record for Laura Augusta Hutchison that would confirm the link.

Best wishes,

William Acton
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions