Search for content in message boards

William Harris & Hannah Long family from Centre County, PA

William Harris & Hannah Long family from Centre County, PA

Posted: 22 Apr 2010 7:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Apr 2010 11:23PM GMT
Surnames: Hall, Long, Shaw, McDonald, Ryver, Jellegar, Shaw, Barto, Bell, McClement
I'm looking for descendants of William Harris (1852-1920) & his wife Hannah Long (1854-1937). Both were born in England and lived most of their lives in Philipsburg, Centre County, PA. The couple had 14 children, a few died early in life and the remaining children have all past as well. They were John Charles Harris b.1874 married Lyndia Blowers, Mary "Polly" b.1876 married William Woods, Bertha b.1879 married Charles W. Boalich, Sarah b.1881 married Howard (Mack) E. McCarl & William Thompson, Carrie b.1884 married Fronce Shaw, Lillie b. 1886 married John D. McDonald ,Violet b.1888 married William Flettter Ryver, Virginia "Virgie" b. 1890 married John Jellegar, (Kelliger) & ,Edward (Ted) Shaw, George H. b.1893 married Katherine Barto, Naomi b. 1897 married Seth Weldrick Bell , & Harriet Velma b. 1904 married James E. McClement. My wife's grandmother was Mable Ruth Harris was born 1900 who wa the 13th child of this family

Re: William Harris & Hannah Long family from Centre County, PA

Posted: 28 Nov 2011 2:53PM GMT
Surnames: ryver
My GRANDMA,
is violet mae harris, my mother is ethel ryver,
any family history would be Great.please send to
my e mail
bill reid.

Re: William Harris & Hannah Long family from Centre County, PA

Posted: 28 Nov 2011 5:43PM GMT
Great to meet you Bill and 2nd cousin to my wife Debbie,
For us to communicate through E-Mail, you didn't provide me with your E-Mail address and so here's ours, its r.cutler@comcast.net . I do have a few old pictures of the family and I think of one of your grandmother standing beside her sisters, Sarah and Mabel Harris ( my wife's grandmother )in their later years. That whole family are very short people. I can also share what I have on the family tree. Your mother is the oldest of 9 children of Voilet Harris & William Fletter Ryver and I have your mom born around 1915 and she died in Garden City, Wayne County, Mich. Is this correct? We live in Georgia and 2 years ago we did go to Philipsburg, PA and while we were there,we did go see several of the Harris family graves and have pictures. I hope you can too share some of your family history to update my records and I'll be preparing something for you soon. Don't forget to send me your E-Mail address so we can write & send pictures without going through ancestry.com.
Richard & Debbie Cutler
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions