Search for content in message boards

Washington Hatfield, SC

Washington Hatfield, SC

Gaila Merrington (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hatfield
Washington Hatfield was born in South Carolina about 1796. He was married to Mary E and was first seen on the 1830 Houston County Census in Georgia.

I have information to share on descendants but would like information on Mary's family name and Wash's parents. Willing to share the information I have on them
Thanks
Gaila

Re: Washington Hatfield, SC

Posted: 26 Jan 2006 5:37PM GMT

Re: Washington Hatfield, SC - GA

Posted: 25 Jul 2006 5:25PM GMT
Surnames: Hatfield Brown Weaver
If these are your Hatfields, I'd love to see what you have on them, especially Washington & Mary's parents:
George Washington Hatfield, b. 1796 SC,
m. Mary (Brown?) b. abt. 1797 SC.
They moved to GA before 1825.
Children of G. Washington & Mary Brown:

James G. m. Sarah (or Susan) Wilder, Bibb Co., GA
John Richard m. Charity Schofield, 11 Dec 1849 Bibb Co., GA
William m. Elizabeth Richardson, 31 Dec 1846 Crawford Co., GA
Ezekial m. Jemima Alexander 1854 Carroll Co., GA
Samuel
Grace M. m. Winder H. Whittington 9 Oct 1846 Crawford Co., GA
Drusilla (my 2x great grandmother) b. 1828, GA d. 1919, AL
Betsey
Mary E. m. Wylie W. Skinner 10 Nov 1867 Carroll Co., GA
Sarah m.? R. A. Evans 15 OCT 1868 Lumpkin Co., GA ?
George Washington b. 1840

Drusilla married abt. 1858 Richard Shurley Weaver b. 1818, GA,
son of Jacob Weaver b. abt. 1791 SC and Matilda Sarah ? b. abt. 1795 GA.
Richard was first married to Eliza Jane Dossey & they had 4 or 5 children before she died, all born GA.

Richard S. Weaver & Drusilla Hatfield's Children:
? Richard L. b 1858 GA d. OCT 1860 Holmes Co., FL
Aaron S. 1 OCT 1864, Escambia Co., AL d. 1 OCT 1882, Escambia Co., AL
Mary E. b. 1866, Escambia Co., AL m. Richard Ingram
Elvada Drucilla "Zadie" b. 1868, Escambia Co., AL
Edmund Blackstone b. SEP 1870, Escambia Co., AL m. Willie Barnes
David George b. 2 Nov 1872, Escambia Co., AL d. 1935-1951 (my great grandfather)

David G. Weaver m. Ada E. Coon b. 1882 (or Koon)(may be Widow Floyd?)
10 May 1895, Escambia Co., AL. They had 8 children.

Jude

Posted: 26 Jul 2006 5:24PM GMT
Jude, I don't know anything about Washington. My Hatfield line stayed in SC. I have seen on other postings where Washington is listed as the son of Samuel (b.1770/80). No Proof!

V Moore (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2006 2:52AM GMT
Reuben "Andrew" Evans born feb 12,1847 lumpkin Co Ga. died july4,1922, Jackson co Ga.son of james J Evans and Harriet Bates.
Andrew Evans and and Lucinda "Sarah Ann" Hatfield married Oct.15,1868, Lumpkin Co Ga. She was born Apr 23,1852 Lumpkin Co Ga died Nov 7,1918 jackson Co ga. They are buried in Walnut Fork Baptist Church Cemetery, Hoschton Ga, Jackson Co. They had 13 children.
Sarah ann hatfield was the daughter of George T Hatfield born c 1825 NC. He married Elizabeth Laney "betty" Christopher born Rutherford Co NC. She was the daughter of Ambrose Christopher and Priscilla Goode from Rutherford NC.
George T Hatfield was a County Surveyor, Taxman, and farmer, he was also one of Gov Joe Browns in the Ga Melitia, in Lumpkin Co Ga . They were appointed by the Governor to protect the Railroad during the War.
George T Hatfield was the son of Rev. Benjamin E Hatfield born c 1792 in Va. he married Martha Everett from Va. and married Maria Adams in lumpkin Co Ga born c 1825.
I believe Benjamin E Hatfield is the son of George Hatfield born c 1866. va or Nc, wife possibly Susan Ellis. Any information on George's wife mother of Benjamin would be greatly appreciated.
Interestingly my Hatfields showed up in Lumpkin Co Ga (about 1830's)about the time that George Washington Hatfield showed up in Ga.
the SC and NC lises could be related.

Posted: 16 Aug 2010 8:10PM GMT
Hi,

Will post to this old query. Hopefully you still monitor this board.

I am interested in the Ezekiel/Ezekial Hatfield who md. Jemima Alexander in 1854 in Carroll Co, GA.

In 1860 census Carroll Co, there are Ezekiel (28, GA) and wife Elizabeth J. (28, NC) Hatfield with children Wm. 4 and Mary E. 2.

Do you suppose Jemima's middle name was Elizabeth and she use that as a given name.

Do you have anymore info on this couple? Following the daughter Mary E. Hatfield born 1858 who married James L. Chandler.

Any help appreciated. Cheryl
per page

Find a board about a specific topic