Search for content in message boards

Norris Family

Norris Family

Frances Norris Pettersen (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Norris, Dollard, Dower, Stapleton, Connolly
Am researching Norris family which began in Three Arms, Notre Dame Bay, Newfoundland around 1845-51 with James Norris an imigrant from Waterford, Ire. He Married Catherine Dollard. Their son James Norris b.1851 married Mary Ann Dower from Conche, Nfld. Their son John J. Norris married Marie (Moll, or Polly) Stapleton from Harbour Grace Nfld. For a while they and their nine children lived in Conche, then in St. John's, Nfld. Their son James M. emigrated to the US., served in the Merchant Marine, served in the US. Army, married Mary Connolly, also a native of Nfld., and settled in NY. I have partial sibling lists for the second James and John J. There is a full sibling list for James M. However, as the daughter of James M., I find it most disappointing that I haven't been able to trace the women of the family. Can anyone help with all the blanks, male or female?

Re: Norris Family

Posted: 26 Nov 2002 2:28AM GMT
Edited: 27 Dec 2002 4:12AM GMT
Hi I am also researching the Norris family in Newfoundland.

My grandfather was John J Norris, born in MA. His father was Edward T Norris who immigrated from Newfoundland to MA and married May Ann Murphy (of Irland) in 1903. Edward was 35 at his marriage, so that would put his birth ABT 1868. His father was Thomas Norris and was married to Elizabeth Mountain. I am told that Mountain may be the translation of Elizabeth's last name. My mother remembers her grandfather, Edward telling her that the Norris family came from Norris Point in Newfoundland.

If you have a Thomas or an Edward in your list I would much appriciate the information as I have hit a wall on this side of the family.

Thank you for any help
Bernie

Re: Norris Family

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 2:30AM GMT
Edited: 22 Apr 2013 2:34AM GMT
Surnames: Norris/Dower FITZGERALD
Ifyou are still active on Ancestory please message me. I have info on Norris families of James and John, names of all children. I just found your Post.
Ida Marie Fitzgerald Lebel
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions