Search for content in message boards

Martintown McRaes

Martintown McRaes

J MacRae (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2005 10:08PM GMT
Classification: Query

I am trying to find the family of William McRae born 1827
( Saddle & Harness Business ) of Vankleek Hill.
Were his Parents John McRae born ~1801 & Anne
McDonald of Martintown?

He had a brother John J and a sister Mary in Martintown
in 1911.
Also who were the Parents of John McRae born ~ 1801

Re: Martintown McRaes

James Allan McDonald (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2005 10:43PM GMT
Did William have a daughter Catherine that married a Alexander John Miles McMillan at St. Gregorie in Vankleek Hill on Oct. 11, 1886?

jmacrae (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2005 11:52PM GMT

Yes . The McMillans lived in Ottawa.
I am trying to find William's ancestors for Mr Foreman
from the U S

Posted: 1 Dec 2005 4:46AM GMT
It seems that William's baptism was at St. Raphaels on June 11, 1827, born 4 days earlier to John McRae and Mary MacDonald of Indian Lands. There seems to be two other baptisms for this couple at St. Andrews... a Duncan baptized April 26, 1829, born 17 days earlier, to a John McRae and Mary McDonald of Lot 6, 8th Concession, Indian Lands... a Rhoderick baptized June 20, 1833 (no birth date given) to a John McRae and Mary MacDonell. Could find nothing pertinent at St. Regis.

Did find John of 8C N6 in father John's Diary: John on Jul 8, 1866, Indian Land N. Br., 8C N6, son of Nancy Chisholm and son of Duncan of Alex. Also found his burial entry at St. Raphaels: John McRae buried Jul 10, 1866, died 2 days ago, the son of Duncan MacRae and Nancy Chisholm, aged 60 years, of Indian Lands, 8th, Lot 6, North Branch.

Posted: 1 Dec 2005 5:05AM GMT
It seems that Duncan and Nancy (Ann) Chisholm also had a son Donald who married a Jennet (Jessie) MacRae the daughter of Farquhar MacRae and Catherine (Owna) MacDonald on Jul 09, 1828 at St. Raphaels. This was Jessie's first marriage. I also found Nancy Chisholm's burial entry at St. Raphaels: Nancy Chisholm buried Dec. 28, 1855 of Charlottenburgh "The Glen", widow of Duncan MacRae and daughter of Alexander Chisholm and Mary MacDonell, departed yesterday in "The Glen" at the age of 85 years (b. abt. 1770).

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 6:17PM GMT
Surnames: McRae
Hi
I know this is a long shot, but I would really like to exchange any information you have on the McRaes. William McRae was my 3rd great grandfather. Any information would be greatly appreciated:)
thank you
Theresa McRae Cliff... father Larry McRae, grandfather Homer McRae, great grandfather William McRae, 2nd great grandfather John A. McRae, 3rd great grandfather William McRae (born 1827)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions