Search for content in message boards

Cyrus Leach Buck

Cyrus Leach Buck

Posted: 8 Dec 2004 11:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am decended from Cyrus Leach Buck through his son, Clarence F. Buck (a US Senator From Illinois, by the way, who was named after Clarence Frank Bake {mother Julia Ann Bake's Father or grandfather i believe}, interesting info I wanted to share), My grandfather Henry Buck who named his son Cyrus Henry Buck(my father) after his Grandfather. Dont you love how names get passed on and on in this family? The Buck Family was a prominent political family in Monmouth Illinois that even included a judge or two I believe, though I am still tracking down the exact names. Also, take note....One of the sisters (from Cyrus Leach Buck's Children) married a Morrison, and gave birth to a son, Marion Morrison aka John Wayne. YES, THE JOHN WAYNE. My father told me the first name of the Morrison she married, but I forgot it(pregnancy causes short term memory problems i guess) I'll get back to you on the exact name unless someone else does it first. I am now hopelessly addicted to this....someone PLEASE E-mail me I'd love to talk about this....

Re: Cyrus Leach Buck

Posted: 9 Dec 2004 2:04PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2005 5:00PM GMT
Hi Susan-Cousin,

We're a little bit distant, but never-the-less cousins.

Marion Michael Morrison AKA John Wayne, was the son of Clyde Leonard Morrison and Mary Alberta Brown.

Clyde Leonard Morrison was the son of Marion Mitchell Morrison and Wealtha Chase Parsons.

Wealtha Chase Parsons was the daughter of Abigail Buck and Henry Charles Parsons.

Abigail Buck was the daughter of Murray Buck and Polly Thorpe.

Cyrus Leach Buck was the son of Murray Buck and Polly Thorpe.....so Cyrus Leach Buck and Abigail Buck were the brother and sister.

I would love to exchange Buck information with you, especially since I do not have much on Clarence Frank Bucks family and would love to add it to my Buck data.

I couldn't read your e-mail address on Ancestry, must be my old eyes, but here is mine so you can contact me.
tkifer@mfi.net

Thelma Kifer
tkifer@mfi.net

Posted: 30 Jul 2005 6:43PM GMT
I have this Cyrus and I have Clarence, but I do not have much on Clarence and would love to exchange info on the family. Now I know why my family loves John Wayne movies so much, Ha ha . albertbuck@hotmail.com

Posted: 28 Jun 2006 2:57AM GMT
Surnames: Buck, Anderson
Hi,

Very interesting information you have on the Bucks. I was wondering if you could fill me in on a possible family connection.

My great-great grandmother Alpha O. Anderson was born April 22, 1850, in Illinois, to John T. and Anna R. (Marcum) Anderson. In 1860, she's listed in the Warren County, Illinois, census as living with Cyrus L. Buck (30) of VT, Julia Ann (Baker) Buck (26) of Ind., and Endola (?) Buck (2) of Ill. Do you happen to know the connection between the Anderson and Buck families? I'm assuming that Alpha became an orphan sometime between 1852 (when her youngest brother was born) and 1860.

Thanks for your help!

Susan McHolland (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2006 3:59AM GMT
That is a very interesting question...it is possible that they adopted her unofficially, therefore she wouldnt have necessarily been listed in the genealogy logs that I have. My father (Cyrus Henry Buck) may have known, but sadly he died March of last year. I will try to contact my Aunt Susan to see if she would happen to have any information regarding this and I will be back in touch. Thanks for sending me this info, it sounds very interesting...
Susan Buck-McHolland

Shelbi (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2006 11:14PM GMT
Thanks, Susan! I look forward to hearing what you find out.

Shelbi

Posted: 19 Mar 2007 1:20AM GMT
I am descended from Cyrus Leach Buck through his son, Murray. It was definitely exciting when I first learned of the John Wayne connection! I've been to the library at Monmouth for research, and I think I remember seeing a photo of Clarence and remarking that I could see the family resemblance.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions