Search for content in message boards

Oswald JAEGER, Milwaukee Baker & family

Oswald JAEGER, Milwaukee Baker & family

Posted: 16 Sep 2001 7:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jan 2002 1:39AM GMT
Surnames: JAEGER, MUSSLER, KRETSCHMER
Seeking descendant/info of JAEGERS of Milwaukee.
Oswald JAEGER b.c. 1857 Austria was son of Franz JAEGER and Helen KRETSCHMER resided in Milwaukee as early as 1800. Oswald had siblings by these names: Anna, Frank, Bertha MUSSLER, Bruno, Charles and Clemens. Oswald became a Milwaukee baker and the bakery seems to have passed on to his son, also named Oswald. I believe the family was Catholic, some burials were connected to Holy Cross Cemetery. Would be more than pleased to make contact with any related family member. Thank you. Barb Thomas bthomas@wport.com OR barbethomas@hotmail.com also snail mail:
23812 3rd PL W
Bothell, WA 98021

Re: Oswald JAEGER, Milwaukee Baker & Email Update

B Thomas (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2003 5:31AM GMT
Surnames: JAEGER
Please contact me for this query using my new email address: barb@thomas.name
Thanks, Barb Thomas

Jaeger and Jäger in Milwaukee's German newspapers

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 2:32PM GMT
Surnames: Jaeger Jäger
There were obits. with photos for Oswald Jaeger in Milwaukee's German language newspapers. It's possible there were death notices or obits. his parents for Franz (d. 1886?) and Helene too. There are about 500 occurrences of Jaeger and Jäger indexed in the growing resource "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
For more specific information contact:
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping to access our historic immigrant culture.

Re: Jaeger and Jäger in Milwaukee's German newspapers

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 6:04AM GMT
Thanks!....This was a very old posting of mine. I have found much information since 2001 however I will keep this resource in mind for the future. Thank you.

Re: Jaeger and Jäger in Milwaukee's German newspapers

Posted: 14 May 2013 1:01PM GMT
Edited: 14 May 2013 1:41PM GMT
Once you fill in all the data, and gone through all the historic English language newspapers for clippings, the German papers may have some surprises for you. Particularly if you have several layers of German-American ancestry in the area. Contrary to age-old advice within the local genealogy/library community, these papers are not copies of the old Milw. Jrnl. and Milw. Sent. (and local German-American cultural groups refuse to believe they exist).

"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping family researchers find their ancestors among Milwaukee's 99%.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions