Search for content in message boards

Strathearn

Strathearn

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 3:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Catherine, Thomas, Hugh and Jimmy
My mother in laws family all came from Kilmarnock her name was Catherine her brother were Hugh and jimmy her fathers name was Thomas Strathearn and his wife was Catherine marshall. Looking for any relatives Hope someone can help

Re: Strathearn

Posted: 16 Apr 2013 2:59AM GMT
Hi,
If you add in a few Birth years ages etc, it may help.

Alison

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 3:14AM GMT
Thomas Strathearn 1883 - 1966
his wife catherine thompson marshall 1883 -1966
son Hugh 1916
Daughter catherine1918 - 1999
son Jim no dates

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 11:20PM GMT
I am not related to this family but here are some facts. There was no Hugh Strathearn born in Ayrshire in 1916 There was a Hugh Strathearn and a James Strathearn both born Kilmarnock in 1931. It is likely that Hugh Strathearn died in Kilwinning Ayrshire in 2003. Another Hugh Strathearn was born in Stair Ayrshire in 1924 and may still be alive. Catherine Strathearn was born in Muirkirk, Ayrshire in 1918. James Strathearn may still be alive

Posted: 16 Oct 2013 2:28AM GMT
I know the dates are right because my mother in law was Catherine Strathearn and I got the dates from her. I would love it if James was still alive and I could find him. Thanks for the input

Posted: 16 Oct 2013 9:55AM GMT
/when I was a child in Kilmaurs, Ayrshire, my doctor was Hugh Strathearn. This could be the Hugh born in 1916

Posted: 16 Oct 2013 1:19PM GMT
If Robbie Wilson is right and your mother-in-law was born in Muirkirk, Ayr in 1918, then there is a Hugh Strathearn b Muirkirk in 1904 (d 1985 Kilmarnock) and a James Strathearn b 1912 Muirkirk (d 1986 Old Cumnock which isn't far from Muirkirk). Muirkirk itself is not a large place (have you been there?) so that the coincidence of all 3 of these family members being born there within a similar timeframe suggests they may have been siblings! Of course you would have to order up the certificates to prove who this Hugh and this James might be, but then you would have your answer. As another person here has suggested, Hugh Strathearn may also have been a doctor. Do you know the possibility of that? Kilmaurs is virtually next door to Kilmarnock where he may have died. Some correct dates I believe have been lost in transcription!

Hugh
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions