Search for content in message boards

obit for Annie Gilmar, Renner

obit for Annie Gilmar, Renner

Posted: 20 Sep 2012 6:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gilmar
Annie was my grandfather's sister whom I never recall meeting. It would be very nice to see this for that feeling of honour one has to their ancesters.
I am still searching for any info on my mother's fatal collision with a Sault dairy truck in mid May of 1970. Her name was Janice Gilmar and I had just turned 6 at that time. However I have no recollection of her or the details of what happened...can anyone help?

THANK YOU!

Re: obit for Annie Gilmar, Renner

Posted: 20 Sep 2012 8:27PM GMT
One of the Sault papers should have an article about the collison.

1901 census Sault Ste Marie, Algoma

GILMAR
Robert T, 23 Nov 1871, 29, ONtario, farmer
Margaret E, 28 Dec 1870, 30
Nina K, 14 Feb 1896, 5
Annie E, 30 March 1897, 4
Robert T, 26 July, 1899,
Francis, father, no birth date, 1933,68
Hannah, mother, 24 Feb 1836, 65
Francis John, mother, 29 Aug 1866, 34
All born Ontario. All Presbyterian.

She is on 1911 census with parents.
1901 and 1911 census on www.automatedgenealogy.com

Annie Elizabeth Gilmar
Date of Birth: 30 Mar 1897
Birth County or District: Algoma
Father's Name: Robert Gilmar
Mother's Name: Margaret Elizabeth Renner
Archive Name: Archives of Ontario
Archive Series: MS929
Archive Reel: 137

Gilmar, Powley

Posted: 21 Sep 2012 1:53PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: gilman, powley
??????????
Obituaries>> Death Notices
POWLEY, Leonard Peacefully at the General Hospital on Saturday, December 28, 2002 at the age of 88 years. Beloved husband of Jenny (nee Fuselli). Loving father of Judy Powley of Sault Ste. Marie, Morris (Mary) of Fonthill, Elwood of Sault Ste. Marie, Timothy (Linda) of Orillia, Joseph of Sault Ste. Marie, and the late Janice Gilmar, and Larry Powley. Cherished grandfather of 15, great grandfather and great great grandfather of many. Leonard is survived by his sisters Ina Wilson, Etta Newman and his brother Donald Powley. A funeral was held at the Arthur Funeral Home and Cremation Centre on Monday, December 30, 2002 at 3:00 p.m. Mr. Jack Wood officiated. Interment Greenwood Cemetery. Memorial contributions to the charity of your choice would be appreciated. (www.funeralscanada.com).
12/30/2002- ID1205940 - Sault Star

Obituaries>> Death Notices
POWLEY, Genevieve (Jenny) (nee Fuselli) - Peacefully, with her family by her side on Sunday, September 19, 2004 at the F.J. Davey Home in her 88th year. Jenny joins her beloved husband Leonard. Loving mother of Judy Powley* of Sault Ste. Marie, Morris (Mary) of Fonthill, Elwood of Sault Ste. Marie, Timothy (Linda) of Orillia, Joseph of Sault Ste. Marie and the late Janice Gilmar and Larry Powley. Cherished grandmother of 14, great grandmother and great great grandmother of many. Survived by her sister Helen Matthews and brother Nick Fuselli (Harriett). A funeral service was held at the Arthur Funeral Home & Cremation Centre on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 at 1:00 p.m. Mr. Don Mannette officiated. Interment Greenwood Cemetery. Memorial contributions to the charity of your choice would be appreciated by the family

http://boards.ancestry.com/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=1371&am...

Posted: 22 Sep 2012 12:03AM GMT
I have the info you were looking for. I sent you an email .. let me know if you still require the information

Posted: 22 Sep 2012 9:48PM GMT
You misunderstood, it was not my Great Grandmother Margaret Renner I was talking about in the accident, but my mother... Janice Gilmar.
And I have searched online everywhere for more info about the accident, but nothing is online?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic