Search for content in message boards

Jones; Hattie, Mattie, Mary, Carrie, Ida, George, & Llewellyn, Michigan

Jones; Hattie, Mattie, Mary, Carrie, Ida, George, & Llewellyn, Michigan

Posted: 29 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 3:27AM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Hembling, Tolan, Washburn, Kenney, Park, Pace, Frazer, McWhinney, Cooper
I am seeking information on my great, great grandmother, Carrie Evelyn Jones Hembling, born about 1853, probably in New York state. She was married to Noah B. "Nathan" Hembling, with whom she had two children, Hazel Evelyn Hembling Tolan and Ralph Hembling. After Hazel's death, Carrie and Noah raised several of her grandchildren and step-grandchildren, among whom was my grandmother, Arlotta Tolan. Carrie died about 1929 in Caledonia, Kent County, Michigan. Carrie had several siblings, all of whom lived in Michigan during their adult years: Hattie (Harriet), Mattie (Martha), Mary (married name: Washburn), Ida (married name: Kenney), George and Llewellyn. My grandmother says that they were all excellent musicians and four of the girls formed a quartet which performed all over Michigan and were well-known and well sought-after. Any additional information is welcome.

HEMBLING NOAH B

MIKE HEMBLING (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HEMBLING NOAH B
UNKOWN COUNTY, MICHIGAN. MY FATHER WAS FLOYD HEMBLING AND MY GREAT GRAND FATHER WAS NOAH D HEMBLING BBORN DECEMBER 24, 1841 IN WILMONT WATERLOO ONTARIO CANADA. DIED SEPT 27 1917 IN BAY CITY MICHIGAN. HE WAS THE SON OF WILLIAM HEMBLING AND MARIA DERSTEIN. THIS PROBALLY DOES NOT HELP, AS IM MISSING THE LINK OF THE HEMBLING FROM THE WEST SIDE OF MICHIGAN (KENT COUNTY). I DO KNOW THAT NOAH D HAD SISTERS AND BROTHERS ISSAC, ABRAHAM, MOSES B, WILLIAM, HENRY, LUCY, MARYANN, JOHN D, HANNAH,LYDIA, SAMUAL, 1/2 BROTHERS AND SISTERS ANNA, VERONICA, REBECCA, CHRISTIAN, JEREMIAH. LET ME KNOW IF ANY OF THIS HELPS. I NEW AT THIS AND AT THIS TIME HAVE OVER 600 NAMES IN MY TREE AND AM WORKING ON MY MOTHERS SIDE.

MIKE

Re: HEMBLING NOAH B

Posted: 16 Dec 2001 10:23PM GMT
Edited: 1 Mar 2002 2:57AM GMT
Surnames: hembling
to hembling researchers:

my special interest are the descendants of jeremiah hembling
(1820-1890) and wife, savanna jones, she being my g.g.g.
aunt. as of now i have nothing beyond those provided by
claude smith <claude.smith@sympatico.ca>

Posted: 17 Dec 2001 1:22AM GMT
Edited: 21 Jun 2003 1:56AM GMT
Dear Lyle, Jeremiah Hembling and his wife Susanna (I am pretty sure of that) Jones are my g, g, g, grandfather and grandmother. I have quite a bit of information I will copy and send to you if you senf me your US mail address. I am also in contact with Mike Hembling and Kathy Mott, also Hembling descendants, and we have shared information. Unfortunately, I have not upadated my GEDCOM for a while so all the current-day descendants may not be there. I plan to do it soon, but one of the two of them may be a better source for you in the meantime. Susan Perkins

Posted: 7 Jan 2002 10:36PM GMT
Edited: 1 Mar 2002 2:57AM GMT
Surnames: perkins
Hi Susan,

sorry for the great delay. my e-mail is LEJDRJ@aol.com.
thanks in advance for any assistance. my research has just started on the hembling-jones line.

Mike Hembling (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2002 12:19AM GMT
Hi, Please contact me at Mike522@aol.com, I have info on 7 children of Jeremiah Hembling. I am his 2nd great grand nephew.

Thanks
Mike

Mike Hembling (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2002 12:21AM GMT
Hi, Susan I have info on 7 of Jeremiah childrens,

Contact me mike522@aol

Happy New Year

Mike

Re: Jones; Hattie, Mattie, Mary, Carrie, Ida, George, & Llewellyn, Michigan

Posted: 24 Jan 2002 5:23AM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2003 3:18AM GMT
Hi,
This may be a shot in the dark but I am looking for the parents of a Hattie Jones born in NY around 1830-1870. Could they be sisters?
Do you know the parents names?
I have parents of Hattie as Lewis Jones and Mary Dodd Darlington.
Any info would be helpful.
thanks
cathie

Re: Jones; Hattie, Mattie, Mary, Carrie, Ida, George, & Llewellyn, Michigan

Posted: 24 Jan 2002 8:01PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jun 2003 1:56AM GMT
I don't know much about the ancestry of my Hattie and Carrie Jones, but I do have their mother's name as Rachel Evelyn Beneway (various spellings) and their father as W.R. Jones. It doesn't appear to be a match with yours. I have succeeded on a few "shots in the dark" myself, so thanks for trying!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions