Search for content in message boards

Death record 1910-1920

Death record 1910-1920

Posted: 24 Jul 2010 10:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gomez
I am looking for the death record of Refugia M. Gomez, widow of Antonio F. Gomez. I find her on the 1910 census living in Rosa next to her son, Pedro Gomez. In 1920, Pedro was living in Lumberton and she is not with him, nor did I find her in Rosa. So, I am thinking she may have died between 1910 and 1920.
Where could I look for a record of her death? I know N.M. did not keep death records that early. Is there a book of deaths recorded by the local Catholic church?

Re: Death record 1910-1920

Posted: 24 Jul 2010 10:47PM GMT
I do find her on the 1930 census living with her son Pedro, so I guess she died after 1930.

Posted: 7 Aug 2010 9:27PM GMT
Hello,

The same information is on my shopping list....

There are several microfilm rolls available via the LDS family history center/library network that "may" have the record. Dates of available information vary by church. I'm currently reviewing Park View and El Rito records, and have not come across a death record (as of yet) for Refugia Gomez.

If all else fails, write the church in her last location and see if the record is there.

Posted: 9 Aug 2010 3:47AM GMT
Actually the LDS FamilySearch Historical Records site has the New Mexico Death Records, 1889-1945 as part of their pilot search program. I looked for Refugia and did not find her, but I have found a lot of valuable information at this site.

http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#...

Posted: 9 Aug 2010 5:40PM GMT
Great resource; the fsbeta and the pilot search have helped me find a lot of information.

I have noticed that there is some information I find in the microfilm that I do not find when i search on FamilySearch. I assume that not all of the film rolls have been indexed yet, but it will make life a lot easier once it is.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions