Search for content in message boards

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE???

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE???

Posted: 14 Aug 2004 7:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Martin>Grantham>Flemming>Harrison>Bryant>Oglethorpe>
COVINGTON CO, ALABAMA Robert Martin & first wife (unknown) had chd:Esker (Alice Treadwell)/Agnes(md Roy Carlson) /Dona(md Driggins). ROBERT MARTIN 2nd wife JOSIE *OGLETHORPE chd: ***Leonard Carson ( md Frances Grantham)**Rever(md Annie Metcalf)/Otis(md Lucy)/Roy(md Agnes Carlson)/Huey(Hughie)md Gertha/Effie (md Alto)/Deke/Retha(md Jay Sasser). **REVER MARTIN & ALICE TREADWELL chd: Mary,Mildred,Robert,James. *Ogelthorpe's signed peace treaty & Columbas Georgia has monument.
***LEONARD CARSON MARTIN & FRANCES JOSOPHINE GRANTHAM**** chd:Cecil Drew(md Joanne from England)/
Doris Mae/Lois Jean/Carolyn Rhea/Jewell Dean.(I have all spouses & children).
FRANCES GRANTHAM'S father: JOHN F. GRANTHAM b1878 had brother Thomas Grantham b1885. Frances' mother
ELDIE JOSOPHINE BRYANT b1885 had brother JAMES A. BRYANT b 1897. Frances' sibs: William b 1910/Lola b 1918/Fate b1916/Ina b1921/Herman b 11-1925. William md Mable chd:James Grantham(mortician, Richmond Virginia who had 4 girls,the youngest Joy, died at one year swollowing a safety pin. Gerald Grantham, medic in service/
LOLA md FRANK HARRISON chd:Ferman,Max,Opal,Pansy,Jerry & Joyce. Fate md MARY FLEMMING chd:Gordon (md Mary-met in Norfolk Va Navy Base. Wendall. Ina md Manog Johnson no cld.

Re: IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE???

Posted: 28 Sep 2004 3:29AM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2006 3:30PM GMT
I think I could offer some help on the Grantham side. My GGGrandfather John Grantham settled in Covington around 1840. While your group of Granthams I believe was seperate from ours they all came from the same extended family from N.C. I have seen the names of the other Granthams that were in Covington and always wondered how closley related we might be. I can suggest some resources on helping to find your groups connection to the family. All Granthams seem to back to Old Edward Grantham who was in Isle of Wight VA in the early 1600's. We have connected are group back to him though a couple of the connections are only 95% of being sure. Ther is a lot on the Granthams in general, so let me know. Matt- e-mail mattnapa@aol.com

Re: IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE???

Posted: 7 Jun 2006 5:51PM GMT
Are you referring to Retha Martin Sasser who married J. P. Sasser or Jay Sasser on Dec 24, 1933? They had sons: Charles, Max, Dallas, Roger, daughter Audrey? They lived in Esto, Florida.

Jay's parents were James Albert Sasser and Hattie Lee Cogburn Sasser.

Vickie Sasser

Melissa Ann McGuire (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2006 8:42PM GMT
Yes, Betha was my maternal grandfather's sister.

Re: Vickie Sasser

Vickie Sasser (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2006 11:26PM GMT
Retha was married to my father's brother, Jay or J.P.
Do you have any contact with the family? It's amazing how we can all be related to the same people! I just happened to be going through the message board yesterday and seen your posting. We have the Sasser Family Reunion in March, so I get to see most everyone then. Didn't get to see Roger and Brenda this year, nor Charles. He had had some surgery done and wasn't feeling up to par. I did see Max tho.
Thanks for responding!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions