Search for content in message boards

Williams Family of Person Co. 1780- 1820

Williams Family of Person Co. 1780- 1820

Nancy Williams Lewis (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Williams, Roberts, Peed, Dickins
Samuel Williams was born in North Carolina. He married Sarah Roberts the daughter of David Roberts on Jam. 15, 1803. There are numberous referrals to Samuel and property transfers in Person County from 1803 to 1823.
Bennett Williams and Abner Williams are involved with some of these. Are they brothers? There is an Elijah Williams selling property adjoining Samuel. How are they connected? I would appreciate any help you are willing to give me to help me find my family. I am in Robertson Co., Tn. where Samuel came and settled with his family. I have no idea where he is buried.
Bennett(who married Maria Peed) and Jesse his sons went to Alabama and there is another Bennett there. This must be there Uncle or grandfather.
I am also interested in the names of William and Jesse Dickins who were interacting with Samuel.
Thank you. Please email me directly as well as posting.
Thanks again.
Nancy
nlewisjm@bellsouth.net

Dickins/Dickens

Posted: 13 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 4:46AM GMT
Surnames: DICKINS, MOORE, PHILIPS
I am trying also to find anything about the Dickens/Dickins family of Person Cty (and Caswell) in the 1700s and 1800s.
I know: Col. Robert Dickens married Mary Brown. He was sent to America to establish a business branch of his family's mercantile firm in London. He was here well before 1776 and was a patriot during the Rev. War. Mary was the daughter of an Englishman of the Tidewater area of VA and moved to Caswell Cty NC in a part that became Person Cty later. They had Jesse, Elizabeth, Sally, lucretia, martha, Pathenia and Samuel.
Jesse married Frances Moore, daughter of Stephen. Samuel married Jane Vaughn of Mechlenburg Cty VA. He represented Person Cty in the Legislature and was a member of Congress from the State. He had 9 children by Jane and later married Frances Burton. The name has changed from Dickins to Dickens over this time. This is from the Heritage of Person Cty Vol. II 1983.
This is nice but I have no dates and I would really like to find Mary Louise Dickens who married James Dunlop Baird in Person Cty Jan. 19, 1860. I would like to know who her parents and siblings were.

David Roberts

James Roberts (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Roberts
I am researching a David Roberts of Persons County NC. He move around the turn of the century to GA. Any information you might have about your David Roberts would be greatly appreciatied.

Re: Dickins/Dickens

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 3:07AM GMT
Surnames: Dickins, Dickens
Hi, I have a bit of information I have collected over the years I could send you. I am a direct descendant of Robert and then Samuel Dickens, on my mother's fathers side. My great grandfather was Hilary Burton Dickens :) I found most of it online, but we had the research done in the 70's, unfortunately, it was all destroyed in a flood. We had traced it back to the 16th century, but I can't get beyond 1740 with Robert Dickens. My grandfather has a personal letter from Jefferson Davis to one of the granddaughters of Samuel, I think. I'm working on getting it copied. :) Feel free to send me an email so I can collect some stuff to send that might be of interest to you. gwenhwyfar_aine@yahoo.com

:)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions