Search for content in message boards

Donald Potter

Donald Potter

Posted: 25 May 2013 7:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
I need some help getting some information on a second cousin, Donald Potter. There is a Donald Potter that is buried in the Beaver Cemetery with a date of birth of 26 Aug 1929, but no date of death. I think he was the son of Newell Leroy Potter and Ruby L. Potter. So far I cannot find his date of death or an obit for him. I would appreciate any help in finding any information on him.

Thanks, Dan

Re: Donald Potter

Posted: 5 Jun 2013 5:15AM GMT
Do you think that he might still be living? I found his headstone on Find A Grave with no death date as you indicated. I also found the pictures of Newell and Ruby's headstones. The information on Find A Grave for them indicated a relationship with Ruth LaRee Potter Littlefield. She is their daughter. If you look at her Find A Grave in the same cemetery, it has her obituary. She died in January 2011 and she is survived by her brother Donald Potter as of that date. His headstone picture was added in July 2011 without the death date so maybe he is still living.

Posted: 5 Jun 2013 3:41PM GMT
He very well could be alive. I have seen several headstones that have not date of death as that person is still alive. One of the checks that I made before posting the message was to look at legacy.com for his obit and did not find one. Which is unlikely, but not unheard of. I no longer live in that area and have had very little contact with that cousins line for a while now. Will try and reconnect to see what I can find. Thanks for your time and work. I would say from what you found that he is still with us.

Not sure if your are related or not or if you are interested, but I just updated his brother's, Fred Potter, record at Find A Grave, 31207211. He had some life, was a POW in WWII and survived the Bataan Death March.

Dan

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 5:32PM GMT
I have also seen headstones placed before someone is deceased. After attending a presentation the other day about prepaid funeral plans, it sounds like most headstones are not included so I guess people are being proactive. I also looked for an obituary on a web site through the local library that has Utah newspapers and didn't find an obituary. I looked at your entry for Fred. Amazing that any of them lived through that. My Dad served in WWII in the Pacific, but wouldn't talk about his service. I am not related to Donald and live in the Salt Lake area, but I look at rootsweb once in a while to see if I can help anyone. If I can help any further, you can e-mail me at chev34@q.com. Sheri

Posted: 22 Aug 2013 9:40PM GMT
I do have my headstone in Beaver Cemetery. I did that to relieve my wife and family of funertal expense. I will be 84 years on Monday 26 Aug. How did you like the headstone?
I'm still kickin in St George Utah. Do have a home in Beaver still.
Donald Potter

Posted: 23 Aug 2013 3:20PM GMT
Look for a message that will come thru ancestry.com.

Dan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions