Search for content in message boards

DENNING FUERY FINLEY CASS MAHON LYNCH LAWLER DAGNON MORRIS NICHOLSON LEAHY

DENNING FUERY FINLEY CASS MAHON LYNCH LAWLER DAGNON MORRIS NICHOLSON LEAHY

Posted: 6 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:39PM GMT
Surnames: FUERY, DENNING, JOY, LAWLER, DAGNON, BOLAND, LEAHY, MORRIS, NICHOLSON
Looking for ancestors and descendants of Anne FUERY, b. abt. 1810 in Longford County, Ireland, and John DENNING, born abt. 1800 in Ireland. They died in Crawford County and are buried in the St. James Parish Cemetery in Rising Sun. Their six children are as follows;

James DENNING, b. December 1836 in Rhode Island, married Sarah in 1903 in Crawford County and had seven childretween 1869 and 1890nrn b born in Wisconsin: John T., James E., Maggie, Francis, Peter, Loretta "Lora", and Leo. They were born between 1869 and 1890.

Michael DENNING, b. 1840, in Rhode Island. Nothing else is known about him.

Maria DENNING, born 1841, in Rhode Island. She married "Curley" Jack FINLEY in Crawford County. They had fourteen children. Among them were: James C., who married Hannah M. LYNCH; John H., who married Bridget Agnes JOY; Francis C., who married Hannah LAWLER; Timothy, who married Margaret DAGNON; Agnes "Add", who married Richard JOY; Arthur, who married Anna BOLAND; Richard E., who married Rose R. LEAHY; Veronica who married Dr. Thomas F. Thornton; Catherine "Kitti or Kate" who married John DALY; and Elizabeth G., who married Robert MORRIS.

John, b. 1845 in Lake County, Illinois, married a widow named Mary.

Joseph, b. 1848 in Waukegan, Lake County, Illinois, married Abigail E. CASS. Their children were Mary and Joseph H.

Francis, b. 1848 in Waukegan, Illinois, married Ellen MAHON. One of their children married a George NICHOLSON.

Any assistance would be appreciated. We have information to share with family members.

Leahy information

greg johnston (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: leahy, Johnston
My grandmother Johnston was a Leahy. She was the daughter of Timothy Nathan Leahy & Mary Phalin Leahy.

Re your request: From our family history:

Rose Regina Leahy born 1-24-98 married Richard Eugene Finley
born in 1885, died 2-19-49.

Rose wasw a school teacher. She grew up on the present Joseph Finley farm north of Rising Sun, Wisconsin on Highway 27. It is still Leahy road.

Rose owned and operated the Finley's store in Rising Sun for many years.

They had seven children.

If this is "yours", I can provide more information on the children.

This information is from Johnston-Leahy History - compiled by my cousins John Harter and Janer Harter Lucey

Correct connection

Posted: 3 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:39PM GMT
Surnames: Leahy, Finley, Denning, Fuery
This is a match of our Crawford County family. I have contacted Greg privately.

Joyce

Leahy

Sheila (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: LEAHY
Hi,
I'm wondering if you have any info on a Cornelius Leahy b. c. 1810 Ireland. I have a Cornelius who came to the Tiffin, OH area c. 1833-1850 and then disappeared. He may have owned land there but not actually lived there (in OH)...as I cannot find him with the rest of his familiy on any census materials. I've recently started to research in WI for Cornelius. I have noticed a couple of Cornelius Leahys in WI. One in Sheboygan, one in Crawford Co. If anyone is researching a Cornelius please write me.
Thanks,
Sheila

Re: DENNING FUERY FINLEY CASS MAHON LYNCH LAWLER DAGNON MORRIS NICHOLSON LEAHY

Posted: 3 Jul 2004 2:14PM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2004 3:27PM GMT
I have my gg grandfathers journals in which he wrote the names and year that he wrote letters to and received letters from.In there are many entries on Aggie,John and Hannah Lawler all from WI.,Abbie and Mammie Joy(also have a picture of Mammie Joy,a teacher at Gays Mill standing with her students),and Margaret,Maggie,Katie,Abbie Lynch,WI.
My gg grandfather married married Margaret Lynch.Possibly a connection on these families.

timothy p. finley (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jul 2004 7:17PM GMT
Surnames: JOY,LAWLER ,FINLEY,DENNING
Dear Karen,
My grandmother was Hannah Lawler her mother's maiden name was Bridget Joy , according too some Civil War documents I know this Bridget Joy had a sister Margeret ( Maggie ) I would be very interested in seeing the picture you have of her ?
Thanks Tim

Posted: 13 Jul 2004 3:20PM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2004 3:27PM GMT
Tim,
We are most likely looking at the same family.The picture is of Mamie A.Joy,but I'd be happy to email it to you.Would it be possible for me to get some of the family history from you? Please email me at nka_2000@yahoo.com

Posted: 22 Oct 2011 1:05AM GMT
Michael Denning born in 1840 is my greatgrandfather. He married a lady named Ellen (last name unknown). Their child Will was born in Rising Sun in 1874. I believe Michael died in an accident some time before 1880. It has been some time since I worked on this and I don't have access to the info right now. There is a Finley group that has a lot of information on the family.
Will moved to North Dakota and married my Grandmother Tressa Neville. I can supply more if you are still there.

Posted: 22 Oct 2011 1:14AM GMT
Again. After looking I see Ellen Mahan.
George Neville (my GG grandfather) Married Mary Mahan.
Rising Sun is where they both are burried.

Posted: 22 Oct 2011 10:03PM GMT
Hi,
I am the one with our Finley family email group. We have been in contact before. The post you responded to is a very old one of mine.

Fellow readers the Finley email group is only open to members of our related Finley, was Fennelly in Ireland, families.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions