Search for content in message boards

looking for connections to Lauritz Pedersen,Peder Pedersen and Anne Marie Sorensen from Denmark

looking for connections to Lauritz Pedersen,Peder Pedersen and Anne Marie Sorensen from Denmark

Posted: 1 Dec 2011 9:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Dec 2011 3:49PM GMT
Surnames: Pedersen, Sorensen
my father Glenn Peterson, born USA in Belvidere, Illinois, 1923 and passed away in 2009

my grandfather - Louis Peterson (Lauritz Pedersen), born Hasle, Aarhus,Denmark 21 Dec 1890, married 20 June, 1916, died Belvidere, Illinois, 4 Jan 1951

my grandmother - Lura Dillingham, born Footville, Wisconsin, 13 April 1889, died 27 Jan 1948

my great-grandfather - Peder Pedersen, born, 20 June 1865 Skanderup, Denmark, married 8 sept 1887, died 3 May 1955 Belvidere Illinois

my great-grandmother - Anne Marie Sorensen , born 11 March 1868, Brabrand,Denmark, died 23 arch 1946, Belvidere, Illinois

my great-great-grandfather - Christen Jensen
my great-great-grandmother - Christine Lorenze Pedersen, born 17 Feb 1842 Hovedgaards Field, Denmark

Re: looking for connections to Lauritz Pedersen,Peder Pedersen and Anne Marie Sorensen from Denmark

Posted: 2 Dec 2011 2:16PM GMT

>my father Glenn Peterson, born USA in Belvidere, Illinois, 1923 and passed away in 2009

>my grandfather - Louis Peterson (Lauritz Pedersen), born Hasle, Aarhus,Denmark 20 June, 1916, died Belvidere, Illinois, 1951

Your father born 1923 and your grandfather 1916???????

--

Flemming Aasklint

Re: looking for connections to Lauritz Pedersen,Peder Pedersen and Anne Marie Sorensen from Denmark

Posted: 2 Dec 2011 3:47PM GMT
actually the correct information for Louis Peterson (Lauritz Pedersen) is:
born: 21 Dec 1890
married: 20 jun 1916
died: 4 jun 1951

Posted: 3 Dec 2011 6:16PM GMT
This is what I have found on your family. It may not be in order, but I think you will find it useful.

Laurits Peter Pedersen was born 21 Dec 1890 in Hasle, Hasle, Aarhus, opslag 30 nr 7, parents Peder Pedersen and Ane Marie Sørine Sørensen.

Peder Pedersen and Ane Marie Sørine Sørensen were married in Hasle on 8 Sep 1887, opslag 85 nr 2.

Peder Pedersen was born 20 Jun 1865 in Skanderup, Hjelmslev, Skanderborg, opslag 27 nr 10, parents unmarried Christine Lorenze? Pedersen and Christen Jensen.

Ane Marie Sørine Sørensen was born 11 Mar 1868 in Brabrand, Hasle, Aarhus, opslag 76 nr 2, Parents unmarried Johanne Marie Lovise Sørensen and Søren Sørensen.

Johanne Marie Lovise Sørensen and Søren Sørensen were married in Brabrand on 3 Dec 1869, opslag 162 nr 8.

Johanne Marie Lovise Sørensen was born in Brabrand on 9 Dec 1846, opslag 82 nr 13, parents Søren Jensen and Ane Marie Ludvigsdatter.

Søren Sørensen 26 was born 26 Sep 1847 in Søften, Lester Lesbjerg, Aarhus, opslag 38 nr 9, parents Søren Andreassen and Ane Marie Sørensdatter.

Søren Andreassen was born 12 Dec 1820 in Søften, opslag 12 nr 5, parents Andreas Christiansen and Maren Christiansdatter.

Andreas Christiansen and Maren Christiansdatter were married in Søften on 4 Aug 1819, opslag 111 nr 3.

Ane Marie Sørensdatter was born 7 Nov 1819 in Søften, opslag 55 nr 7, parents Søren Thomassen and Mette Rasmusdatter.

Søren Tommesen and Mette Rasmusdatter were married 17 Jun 1817 in Faarup, Sabro, Aarhus, opslag 56 nr 2.

Søren Thomassen died in Søften on 13 Aug 1840, opslag 164 nr 6.

Mette Rasmusdatter was born in Faarup in 1790, opslag 330. Only the name of the father, Rasmus Nielsen, is given in this record.

Sincerely,
Paul
North Carolina

Posted: 5 Dec 2011 12:42AM GMT
Paul, I see that you signed the information that you are in North Carolina, I am located in Cary, phone number 919-271-3324. This is great information, I am picking up where my deceased father Glenn was very interested and was very active in doing genealogical research. Part of what I would like to find - if there are any relatives in Denmark that would connect back to my family, it would likely have to connect to Peder Pedersen or Anne Marie Sorensen, would they have had other siblings which there might be relatives? I was in Aarhus last May, only spent a day there but, found it to be charming. I did see the large church in downtown Aarhus and the smaller church in Hasle. Unfortunately, it was a Saturday and the smaller church was closed. Also, from the cemetery, you could not tell much as I learned they have a custom there that if you don't continue paying for your tombstone fee, they remove it. So all the tombstones only appeared to be of recent vintage. Thank you for your help!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions