Search for content in message boards

Epps Native American African American descent

Epps Native American African American descent

Whiteturtle (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 2000 3:17PM GMT
Look in Washington, Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Tennessee, Ky., this name is known in these areas. You may find just who you are looking for. Check the census, queries, etc. I will add this name to my list of genealogy queries to ask about at my Family Reunion. I will come back in August if I have anything to offer that may be of assistance. Enjoy your search! Sincerely, Whiteturtle

Epps of Mississippi

Posted: 23 Jul 2000 1:57PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2001 9:16AM GMT
I am looking for the descendants of William and Ann Epps of Hinds Cty, Miss near Raymond, Mississippi. They are African American and Native American. My records reveal they were the slaves of Preston Cooper and Lucretia Epps Middleton Cooper, of Cooper's Wells. I would be happy to exhange information, Mibia.

epps' from MS

Albert Epps (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2000 6:08PM GMT
My father and his family came from Sunflower MS to southern Michigan. Could there be any relation to the family you are talking about? His name was Robert Epps, my grandfather's name was Irvin Epps. I don't know much about his upbringing in MS, only that he was born in Indianola, MS, and he spoke of Sunflower often. He did, however, mention an "Alice." He (Robert Epps) was born on 19 Feb 1916.
Posted: 1 Nov 2000 4:54AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2001 9:16AM GMT
It's possible that there could be some relation. We are in the African American Epps line. My great grandfather had a son named Inman who "went up in the Delta" and was never heard from again. Could your Irvin have also been named Inman? If you are not in the African American line, were you related to the James Baugh Epps line who came to Miss from S.C. in the 1820's approximately?

Re: Epps Native American African American descent

Wanda Smith (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2002 3:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
My 5th great grandmother was owned by a man named
Richard Epps of (Dickson) Dickson County, TN. Even though I've been researching my family for over 12 years now, I haven't researched much about this particular slave owner or his family yet. She was sold in 1814 to a John McCauley in (Clarksville) Montgomery County, TN. Her name was Dinah born in 1787.

Re: Epps of Mississippi

Posted: 29 Oct 2002 2:29AM GMT
great grandmother is charity ann elizabeth epps born in 1840, died 1946. married william james perry. she was a slave african most definately indian features. louisiana. first daughter was emily who was fathered by the owner. named her emily white because she was forbidden to use his last name

Posted: 29 Oct 2002 3:21PM GMT
Edited: 1 Mar 2003 12:23AM GMT
Surnames: Epps
Thanks for your reply regarding your great grand mother Charity Elizabeth Epps born in 1840. Do you know where she was born? You indicate Louisiana. Do you know where in Louisiana? And the owners full name?I do know that my great grand father William Epps was born in Franklin Cty. MS in 1832 and his parents names were Toby and Aletha Epps and they were born in S.C. and Virginia. I would be happy to share information I have on my Epps line with you. There could be a connection.

Posted: 7 Feb 2005 10:16AM GMT
Surnames: Epps
Hello Irma,

do you have any info on the parents of Matthew Epps (born 1880 - Essex County, VA) and wife Hattie Epps (Chatman) she was born 1885.

Thank you for any help.

squalls9@aol.com

Re: Epps Native American African American descent

Posted: 2 Apr 2010 12:54AM GMT
If this is the same Richard Eppes, he was born about 1758 in Va. He fought in the Rev. War as a Sgt. He died about 1830. He had sold all property so he could receive Rev. War benefits. He lived in Montgomery and Dickson County Tennessee. Hope this helps Will

Re: Epps in MS

Posted: 1 Feb 2011 3:01PM GMT
I have been out of the loop for quite sometime but I am back
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions