Search for content in message boards

i want to know my family history

i want to know my family history

Posted: 13 Mar 2004 7:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Mar 2005 3:22AM GMT
Surnames: hanners
hi my name is katherine hanners and i am 17. my dads name is A.V. Danny hanners jr. his daddys name was A.V hanners sr. his moms name was ruth norred i think not sure exactly. his sisters and brothers names are RICKEY, Angela, and David. As far as i know they were all born and raised in georgia. Around lagrange i think. but thats all the info i have and i want to know who, where, and what i descended from. i want to know my ancestors. if anyone has any info please contact me at my email which is southern_kitty_18@yahoo.com or southern_bama_chic_17@yahoo.com. any help you can give would be very appreciated thanks.

Re: i want to know my family history

Posted: 4 Apr 2005 12:04AM GMT
Obit:
Mr. A. V. HANNERS

Mr. A.V. Hanners, 72, of Franklin, Ga., died Thursday, Febuary 24, 2000 at Franklin Health Care Center.

A funeral will be at 4pm Saturday, Feb 26, in the chapel of the Claude A. McGibben and Sons Funeral Home in Hogansville. Dr. Don Jolly and the Rev. Bryan Geter will officiate and burial will be in Myrtle Hill Cemetery in Hogansville.

Mr. Hanners was born September 11, 1927 in Heard County, son of the late Harrison and Eva Powell Hanners. He lived in Pine Mountain and LaGrange for a number of years before returning to make his home in Franklin and was a retired auto mechanic.
Surviving are two daughters, Mrs. Angela Brazeal of Franklin and Mrs. Rickey Norred of LaGrange; Danny Hanners of Kellyton, Alabama amd David Ray Hanners of Johesboro; sister, Mrs. Velma McGill pf Macon; brother Jessie O. Hanners of Hogansville; nine grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren.
Claude A. McKibben and Sons Funeral Home, Hogansville, Ga.

Note:
Harrison Hanners was born 29 Nov 1889 and died April 1980 Hogansville, Troup Co., Ga.

Eva Powell was born 29 March 1895 and died 2 Nov 1992 Last residence was Macon, Bibb Co., GA

If you are still interested, I have a little more information on this line.
Cathy

katherine (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2005 2:58AM GMT
hi cathy i want to thank you for that information. that helps me out alot. at leats now i know when and where my great grandparents were born and who they were. yes i am still interested in more info. i will take anything you can give. because as it stands right now i know absolutely nothing about my family except immediate family like aunts and uncles and things of that nature. i want to know as much as possible. i really appreciate it cathy!

thanks,
katheirne hanners

Posted: 5 Apr 2005 6:04PM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2006 4:06AM GMT
You are welcome. Glad I could help.
Below is the obit of Velma "Cindy" Hanners McGill who was the sister of A.V. Hanners

The Newnan Times Herald
Newnan, Georgia

Mrs Velma H. McGill
Mrs. Velma Hanners "Cindy" McGIll 69 of Macon, died Tuesday, May 16, 2000 at her home.

A funeral will be Friday, May 19, 2000 at 2pm in the chapel of Claude A. McKibben and Sons Funeral Home in Hogansville. The Rev. Donald R. McGaha will officiate and burial will be in Myrtle Hill Cemetery in Hogansville.
Mrs. McGill was born February 3, 1931 in Heard County, daughter of the late Harrison and Eva Powell Hanners. She had lived in the Macon area since 1968 and retired from Robins Air Force Base as an avionics techician.
Surviving are two daughters, Patricia Lee Ownby of Atlanta and Sylvia Lynn McGill of Macon; two sons and a daughter-in-law, Michael L. McGill and Jeffrey L. and hristy S. McGill, all of Macon; Brother, Jesse O. Hanners of Hogansville; four grandchildren, Jason Ownby and Justin Ownby both of Atlanta, Anneliese Newberry of Lizella, and Stephanie O'Neal of Macon; and one great-granddaughter, Isabel Newberry of Lizella.
Claude A. McKibben and Sons Funeral Home, Hogansville, Ga.

Are you the daughter of Danny Hanners of Kellyton, AL?
You may email me at Micajah1847@aol.com.
Cathy

katherine hanners (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2005 11:17PM GMT
yes i am the daughter of danny hanners of kellyton. i appreciate all this information so much you will never know how much. i am learning about family members i never knew i had. i just would like to know who you are as well so i can know who i am thanking. thanks for the help!

sincerely and thanks,
katherine hanners
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions