Search for content in message boards

Newsomes from Pinola MS. or Simpson Co. MS.

Newsomes from Pinola MS. or Simpson Co. MS.

Posted: 23 Jun 2000 11:38AM GMT
Edited: 30 Apr 2006 3:58AM GMT
I am looking 4 members of my family. My great grandfather was Dave Newsome he married a woman named Ann. They had several children two named Niecie Newsome, Dave Newsome. There were other children but I can't find the names now. Niece Newsome was born in 1892 and died in 1994. Dave was born in 1892 and died in 1992. So I am looking for any info on these people. I am African American.

African American Newsom

Posted: 30 Aug 2000 10:45AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 2:08PM GMT
Hi Vic. My name is Beverly Young. My grandmother was Elizabeth Newsom m Isaac Artis from the Virginia/North Carolina lines. Please contact me at beyoung@mail.med.upenn.edu. I have some useful information to share.

Re: African American Newsom

Posted: 16 Oct 2009 2:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
please contact me at 317-728-7216

Posted: 19 Oct 2009 7:40PM GMT
Surnames: Newsom-Mason
Are any of these Newsoms who are from Sunflower, MS? Some eventually moved to Chicago, and Ohio.

Posted: 19 Oct 2009 10:21PM GMT
I think that some of them were from Sunflower Mississippi. I had a great great Uncle named Dave Newsome he moved to chicago at one time and then to Inkster Michigan. He was the youngest brother of my GG Grandfather Joe Newsom "Poss" . they had siblings named John, Charlie Martha, Pallie, Pinie, Necie.. Their parents were Dave Newsom and Annie Powell.

I think that Charlie Newsom lived in Sunflower as well. I know that he was living with his cousin at one time in Inverness Mississippi, her name was Flavie Powell. Flavie was married to her cousin John Powell. The called him Monk.

The newsomes and Powells were also related.. As I stated earlier Dave Newsom my GGG Grandfather married Annie Powell.

Annie Powell Newsom was also a midwife back in the day. She also taught my grandmothers cousin Cora Mae Powell how to midwife.
My Grandmother is still living in Illinois her name is Beatrice (Newsome) Williams, She was married to O.C Williams her second husband. Her first husband was S.T. Newsome from Jefferson Davis Miss.

Posted: 19 Oct 2009 10:23PM GMT
If any of these names ring a bell please contact me at 317-728-7216..

Posted: 21 Oct 2009 3:34PM GMT
Surnames: Newsom
My dad is the late George Newsom, Jr he died in 1981 in Chicago, IL, his brother name was Andrew Newsom, he died 1978? in Akron, Ohio, they had a sister her first name was Hattie, she died in Chicago, IL.

I have sisters there in Chicago name Gwen, Josephine, a brother name James, and I forget the other brothers name, I saw them a our dad's funeral in 1981, I don't know them, I am trying to learn about my family on my father's side.

Posted: 21 Oct 2009 10:07PM GMT
Those names don't soumd familiar to mee at all. But that doesn't mean anything. I am young and don't know nicknames or anything that people had. I am only 42 and I got started on this when my grandmother was able to give me information. Now she is bed ridded and I just have to do alot of research.
I used to spend alot of time in the summers in Pinola Mississippi. I would go there with my grandmother to visit relatives and then my grandmothers brother moved there to care for an elderly aunt of theirs. Her name was Neicy Newsome Taylor. She died when she was 105. She died in 1985.
She was the last child living of Dave Newsom and Annie Powell Newsom.

Posted: 8 Dec 2011 3:28AM GMT
Im looking for some information on the newsome family that you may have.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions