Search for content in message boards

PEAVYS in Butler Co., AL

PEAVYS in Butler Co., AL

Posted: 31 Jul 2001 10:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Nov 2004 1:22PM GMT
Surnames: PEAVY, BROOKS
I'm looking for info on all Peevys/Peavys in the area of Butler Co. Alabama by 1830s. Particular names of interest are Abraham, Charles, Isaac, Daniel, Hiram, Asa/Asa M., and Wm. J. Peavy. My gg-gm was Rachel PEAVY born 1811 in GA, died 1898 in Butler Co., AL. How do the above Peavys relate to Rachel? Rachel married Felix BROOKS. c. early/ mid-1830s. Their {known} children were Francis, Eliza Jane, Nancy Turkwane, Sarah Angeline, George Lafayette, and Marion Taylor Brooks. Rachel Brooks had land patents in T7N R13E, while the Peavys were mostly in T7N R14E. Family tradition says there's Native American blood from either Rachel Peavy or her husband Felix Brooks.

Re: PEAVYS in Butler Co., AL

Kenneth Peavy (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2001 4:21AM GMT
Surnames: Peaavy
Looking to id a Rachell Peavy from LA with five children that shows up on 1860 DeWitt co. TX census. living in house with DB Peavy but is not his Wife.

Posted: 23 Sep 2001 10:17AM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2004 1:22PM GMT
Surnames: Peavy, Brooks
What other info do you have on your Rachel Peavy in Texas? She seems to be a Rachel Unknown who married a Peavy. My Rachel was Rachel Peavy who married a Brooks. Who is DB Peavy? What are the children's names? What year was this Rachel born? Thanks.
Cheryll

Kenneth Peavy (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2001 3:25PM GMT
D. B. PEAVY - Daniel Brinkley- born Butler Co. AL March 10 1822. Married Mary Wallace one child born in AL.-Irena.( ref. 1850 census Butler . Moved to Texas in 1850. Other children William W. b Dec 1851, George A. b. Nov 1854, Mallie M. b. Nov 1854 ( these are TWINS), Brinkley b.1860 Mollie or Mary b1862 Thomas J. b 1866,
Afthe the death of Mary Wallace D.B. Peavy married Margaret (Maggie) BROOKS the neice of Mary Wallace. They had one son Charles Drury Peavy.
The problem is the 1860 census for Dewitt Texas show one (1) Peavy family ; Rachel and children do NOT show up on any other Texas census

house 652
Fane Clark 30 M Far 2500 (land) 7000 (person)
Phenr Clark 23 F
D.B. Peavy 35 M Far 200(land)-5000 (pers) Miss
Rachel Peavy 30 F ( she is NOT listed as wife) LA
John Peavy 10 M TX
Martha Peavy 8 F TX
Jane Peavy 6 F TX
Elisa Peavy 4 F TX
Lucy Peavy 2 F TX

Lois (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2002 2:56PM GMT
Surnames: Williams,Peavy,Magee, Jones, Gilbert,.Clark, Howell,Rainer
My Eliza Peavy was born 1800 GA married James W Williams born 1790 NC. I don't have proof but think he was connected to Williams in Warren GA and later was in Butler AL. They named one of their kids Littleton another was named Lafayette and there were others. They moved to Sabine TX in 1834.

Re: PEAVYS/PEVYS in Butler Co., AL

Posted: 8 Aug 2002 4:47PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2004 6:39AM GMT
Surnames: PEAVY/PEVY, SEALE/SEAL, HADEN/HADDEN/HAYDEN, JOHNSTON, DEAN, CARLETON/CARLTON, FRYER/FRIER
Cheryll; I've corresponded with you, but I don't think it was in reference to this family. My line is from Abraham & Lydia Seale Pevy/Peavy, through their son Michael, b ca 1800 in GA. Abraham was born in Orange county, NC. Have you found any add'l info since this message was posted on how the people named are related to each other? I haven't located the parents or siblings of Abraham & would very much like any clues to help pin them down. I know that Abraham & Lydia came from GA to Butler county ca 1818-1820, but I'm not sure which GA county they left. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks. Janell at jjg6808@earthlink.net

Re: PEVYS/PEAVYS in Butler Co., AL--Previously in GA

Posted: 8 Aug 2002 5:10PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2004 6:39AM GMT
Surnames: PEVY/PEAVY, SEALE, HADEN/HADDEN/HAYDEN, JOHNSTON, DEAN, CARLETON/CARLTON, FRYER/FRIER
Lois; Do you have any indication that your Eliza Peavy Williams was ever in Butler co, AL? I'm searching for add'l facts about my ggg grandfather Abraham Pevy/Peavy & wife Lydia Seale who came from GA, perhaps Warren co, to Butler co ca 1818-1820. I've not found his parents or siblings, & would very much like to do so. His son Michael, b ca 1800 in GA, had land in Butler co, then in the part of Coosa co that became Elmore co in 1866. Maybe your Eliza & my Michael were cousins? Ages are same, & migration pattern may fit also. Thanks for any info. Janell at jjg6808@earthlink.net

Posted: 10 Aug 2002 3:49PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jun 2004 7:58PM GMT
There was a James W Williams there but there are so many James Williams. Eliza Peavy Williams named her son Littleton and one was William Henry. I noticed a a Michael Peavy son of Littleton Dickson Peavy and Ann Mims born in Houston Co GA. I don't have any facts just some clues. William Henry Williams son of Eliza and James Williams married Mary A Magee. The Magees have Mims in their line. They have connections to Simpson and Rankin MS and Washington Parish LA. I don't think Eliza naming a child Littleton is a coincidence.

Posted: 10 Aug 2002 4:30PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jun 2004 7:58PM GMT
Abraham Peavy was born May 3,1765 Orange Co NC and died Aug 15,1837 Butler AL. His parents were Dial Pavey and Hannah Pevy. Dial was born 1739 died 1814. His father was Joseph Victualler Pavey. Spelling of Pavey changed. I hope this helps you and I hope if you get any information on Eliza Peavy born 1800 GA you will let me know.
Dial and Hannah Pevy's kids were Andrew, Dial,James,John,Joseph,Leabeth,Peter,Susannah and Abraham born May 3,1765

Posted: 14 Dec 2002 6:28AM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2005 12:44AM GMT
My ancestor Dial Peavy b 1740 Fayette Co Ga had son Joseph born 1760 Fayette co GA died 1817 Clarke, Warren Co GA mar 1777 Fayette Co GA to Patience Ann. Is this Dial the same as your Dial?? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions