Search for content in message boards

FTMM2 runs at 100% CPU on my 8G MB Pro

FTMM2 runs at 100% CPU on my 8G MB Pro

Posted: 22 Feb 2012 11:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Just curious if anyone else is seeing this: When I start FTMM2 it bumps to 100% CPU very quickly in the Activity Monitor. Shortly thereafter, the fan on my Mac starts running and runs almost continually while I'm running the program. Needless to say, this is a bit tough on battery life.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,
John

Re: FTMM2 runs at 100% CPU on my 8G MB Pro

Posted: 28 Jul 2012 7:06AM GMT
John,

I have a new MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel 2 Duo processor with 8 GB Memory. When I open Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 (FTMM2) and even after I close it, the processor is consumed, the fan runs very loud, the laptop runs very hot, and my battery life is less than 2 hours on full charge. I find this true even if the FTMM2program is closed.

The only way to free the processor that I have found is to go Applications - Utilities - Activity Monitor - and select FTMM2 and press the Force Quit "stop sign" icon and then the processor is freed from FTMM2's grip. This is very annoying and the software designers need to fix this ASAP. Hope this helps you.

Posted: 28 Jul 2012 2:50PM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2012 10:03PM GMT
>>the fan runs very loud, the laptop runs very hot, and my battery life is less than 2 hours on full charge. I find this true even if the FTMM2program is closed. <<

Kernal panic.

I suggest doing a permissions repair on your machine, see *disk utility*.

Posted: 14 Aug 2012 1:34AM GMT
I thought I was going crazy. Glad it's not just me. Thanks for the idea.

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 6:35PM GMT
Ditto Here. 2012 MBPro with 8GB memory running 100%

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 4:45AM GMT
Go to the Apple site > support > search and read about *disk utility*. Running permissions repair in disk utility on occasion, such as this, is something you need to understand about your Mac.

If that doesn't clear up the issue, come back.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions